Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ENDED] ICG Graded 2016 Pre-fork Satori Bitcoin Loaded 0.001  (Read 586 times)
KU5H (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 07:24:07 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2021, 01:02:42 AM by KU5H

ICG Graded 2016 Pre-fork Satori Bitcoin Loaded 0.001
Public key: 1NCmH1ZeBot8ZskY7QkmJoxFebVbmSvH9e
Coin is at a slight angle in the holder.

Auction Terms
Escrow - I am newer user here so unless someone feels comfortable to send first I will require escrow with a trusted user at the cost of buyer.
Shipping - $8 worth of BTC added to winning bid for shipping inside the continental US.
Starting Bid - 0.0035 BTC
Minimum Bid Increment - 0.0001BTC
No sniping - Any bid in the last 10 minutes extends the auction by 10 minutes.
Auction End Time - Sunday April 25, 2021 @ 18:00 PST

Congrats Ballhog69! Winning bid 0.004BTC

Thank you!  Smiley

bitdexter

Activity: 326
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 10:24:01 PM

0.0035BTC
dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 11:43:55 PM

Auction Terms
Escrow - I am newer user here so unless someone feels comfortable to send first I will require escrow with a trusted user at the cost of buyer.
Shipping - $8 worth of BTC added to winning bid for shipping inside the continental US.
Auction End Time - Sunday April 15, 2021 @ 18:00 PST

Thank you!  Smiley

What was the grade ?
selassiesoildier
Copper Member

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:47:04 AM

Auction Terms

Thank you!  Smiley

Unfortunately ICG does not add any MS# to any chips they grade. Anacs still does however

What was the grade ?
dolphriends

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 01:31:32 AM

Auction Terms

Thank you!  Smiley

Unfortunately ICG does not add any MS# to any chips they grade. Anacs still does however

I would prefer a grade hoping for an MS 70

What was the grade ?
KU5H (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:00:33 AM

I guess its technically not graded, but slabbed by ICG. I assume since its a poker chip style coin they only grade it genuine and not with an actual grade.

It was in a plastic sleeve and never handled before being sent to ICG and I see no flaws or marks on it. I can post some higher quality photos of the coin itself.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2217
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 03:14:13 AM

you cant grade plastic, if someone does they have nfi.

space for rent, shilling for sats
dolphriends

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:20:22 PM

you cant grade plastic, if someone does they have nfi.

Not sure if you are referring to the chips being made of plastic, but whatever they are made of anacs gives them a grade.
JUPITYR

Activity: 464
Merit: 74

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:56:16 PM

ICG used to give them a grade as well.  I still have some.

Now, they just slab them as "genuine".
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:38:21 PM

ICG used to give them a grade as well.  I still have some.

Now, they just slab them as "genuine".

ICG copied ANACS as customers requested early on with the grading of the clay/ceramic/plastic chips.  ICG then realized the absurdity of grading these chips.  Now they are just authenticated by ICG, labeled ICG GENUINE and slabbed for security and protection.
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:37:09 PM

Isn't ANACS a slightly more reputable grading company anyway? I personally just send my crypto coins to ANACS for that reason and because they actually grade the coin
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:12:02 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

Isn't ANACS a slightly more reputable grading company anyway? I personally just send my crypto coins to ANACS for that reason and because they actually grade the coin

Graded plastic is absurd.... period.  The fact that ANACS slabs their coins with the reverse facing the front is just moronic as well.  ICG even did a couple this way before they became educated.  ANACS is just about collecting a fee not understanding our coins.  Sure, I'm biased towards ICG, but they take crypto coins seriously.    
Hookzup1
Copper Member

Activity: 1224
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 08:34:20 PM

Icg slabs also fit more snug in the graded coin storage cases, for what its worth

Bitcoin is a real life cheat code to gain financial freedom 😉 the future is going to be fun
bitdexter

Activity: 326
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 10:35:33 PM

When is the correct end time ?
KU5H (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:08:01 PM

Sorry for the typo, has been edited to Sunday April 25, 2021 @ 18:00 PST
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:38:20 PM

Graded plastic is absurd.... period.  The fact that ANACS slabs their coins with the reverse facing the front is just moronic as well.  ICG even did a couple this way before they became educated.  ANACS is just about collecting a fee not understanding our coins.  Sure, I'm biased towards ICG, but they take crypto coins seriously.    

I don't understand why graded plastic is absurd as 2 Satori coins graded as "genuine" could be in totally different conditions.  I'm not giving ANACS a pass but ICG may want to reconsider as this is throwing a good bone ANACS's way.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2217
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 04:46:19 AM
Merited by anonymousminer (1)

a coin's grade is generally determined by five criteria: strike, preservation, luster, color, and attractiveness. you could argue that plastic could be graded under preservation, however plastic coins are not created by dye stikes, have no luster or the colour and attractiveness of metal.

space for rent, shilling for sats
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 05:11:54 AM

a coin's grade is generally determined by five criteria: strike, preservation, luster, color, and attractiveness. you could argue that plastic could be graded under preservation, however plastic coins are not created by dye stikes, have no luster or the colour and attractiveness of metal.

I would agree with your 1st 3 points but as far as luster, color, and attractiveness of plastic compared to metal, this would depend on manufacturing and techniques involved.
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 01:35:50 PM

Graded plastic is absurd.... period.  The fact that ANACS slabs their coins with the reverse facing the front is just moronic as well.  ICG even did a couple this way before they became educated.  ANACS is just about collecting a fee not understanding our coins.  Sure, I'm biased towards ICG, but they take crypto coins seriously.   

I don't understand why graded plastic is absurd as 2 Satori coins graded as "genuine" could be in totally different conditions.  I'm not giving ANACS a pass but ICG may want to reconsider as this is throwing a good bone ANACS's way.

ANACS can have that bone and continue to look foolish.  ICG is not about a cash grab like so many other businesses have done while latching on to crypto.  They have consulted with multiple prominent collectors about improvements to the end product as they just want to put out the best product possible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JUPITYR

Activity: 464
Merit: 74

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 02:07:08 PM

Well, the reverse facing the front of the slab is a matter of preference.  For some coins, I prefer the holo to be on front if the coin's obverse is pretty boring.  ICG is good about letting me chose what goes on front.

Also, NGC will slab the reverse on the front side for Star graded toners.  Why have the front of the slab show the obverse if the rainbow toning is on the reverse?  So not just ANACS doing that, though I'm no fan of ANACS.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: