Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:42:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this normal to other people or just me ?  (Read 252 times)
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 01:46:50 PM

$ 39 for making a Bitcoin transaction is an unusually large fee bet. Maybe you should change your Bitcoin wallet. Currently withdrawing money at Binance is only 0.0005BTC (about 25 $). You should try resubmitting the transaction at a different time for a better fee as the transaction costs on the Bitcoin network are unstable due to different demands from time to time.
sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2021, 10:37:44 PM

can someone please tell me whats going on ?

As an early comment said because you're using a web wallet even though it is a noncustodial wallet but AFAIK, almost all of them don't allow you to reduce the fee according to the mempool transaction fee size.

I find it bad as almost all of the networks are congested since almost this week and I even don't have a chance to move my Bitcoin into the other wallet.  I have heard a rumor that the consequences of China forced to stop mining due to energy issues has been a pain in the arse.  Bitcoin on the other hand can't be used for microtransactions especially today.  What I would suggest is, if you may find someone living overseas you may seek assistance from them to keep your assets to their non-custodian wallet that you can able to modify the fee, like for example Electrum.  In that way, you can save a lot of headaches.

Or else alternatively, I think you must use altcoins for your transactions.  In that way, you can still keep up and never ever use Bitcoin for transactions less than $100 which is definitely not recommended.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 11:11:58 PM

i couldn't believe what am seeing.. idk why am thinking this is happening to Africans alone as i believe if its happening to USA/UK etc am sure the internet would have been burn by now.. this is just so wonderful i have to pay $39.09 miner fee to send just $1 to a btc wallet ?
Usual crybaby who thinks that the world is conspiring against a specific race, why would anyone think like that. I am also paying the exact same transaction charges like you and the network is not going to show any kind of racism  Tongue. Stop finding ways to get offended and then play the victim card, if you do not want to pay the higher fees and if you want to send small amounts you just need to wait for a longer period for the coins held in your wallet.

The transaction charges will come down by May first week once the difficulty level is adjusted and until then the network congestion will be there.
jahepahit

Activity: 866
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 05:53:43 AM

its happening to everyone not just you alone. blockchain is not made to have preferences on your location, the current network situation at the time you are making your transaction will determine how much fee you will pay, so if you are ready to wait then you can pay lower by adjusting it which is why the preference fee wan brought so your transaction can be confirmed early.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: