Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:58:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining using MI line of cards  (Read 47 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 06:25:52 PM

I bought AMd's MI-25 for mining but also for other purposes. But it has no active cooling system and expects the server to provide cooling. I dont have budget to get expensive server so planning to use on my desktop systems. I am wondering what is the best blower type I can get for MI? Anyone has done?
Due to form factor and design of the casing cooling direction must be from the back of the card to front providing airflow across the length of the card not like consumer GPUs where fan is situated on top of GPU. Well consumer card's fan does or should provide airflow across the length of GPU but MI's external casing suggests there is no opening on the sides of the casing, only way for air to enter is back or front of the card.

So it has to be connected to the back of the card and obviously can not be inside the PC case.
I amlooking somethinglike following:

https://www.coolerguys.com/products/coolerguys-usb-powered-blower-fan-with-exhaust-vent-bracket?variant=2094067810313&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsqmEBhDiARIsANV8H3btz6o42VI0YzlGXdQpBKIK89vOrwX281O6-HXAC9GctIpHSZPKyDAaAqyEEALw_wcB

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: