Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What resources I should study to understand better algo and miner software?  (Read 93 times)
Didz (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 01:30:53 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

After reading these 2 books about cryptocurrency mining:

Cryptocurrency Mining For Dummies by Peter Kent, Tyler Bain
and
A quick guide on building a GPU Mining Rig (Edition 3.2): Best for Ethereum and Ethereum Classic by Ermiya Karan, Dr. Anthony Wrixon

I started to buy my hardwares to mine ETH and it goes overall pretty well but I am constantly frustrated because I don't understand many things in HiveOS. Lately, I got 1 rig that get disconnected once a day and after 2 weeks of investigation I still didn't find out where the issue come from.

I started to suspect the miner software, I just switched from Phoenix Miner to T-Rex Miner.

That being said, I would like to know if there's online courses or specific resources I should start studying if I want to understand the codes from the miner software and all the intricacies of mining.

I studied physics for 1 year at a French University and I learned Python, I really liked it.

When I look online for courses I only find content related to blockchain courses for instance:
https://hackr.io/blog/best-blockchain-courses

I guess it is what I should study but I would like to know if there's content or resources more directly related to mining in order to understand the coding behind?

Thanks  

Viva Ethereum Blockchain Revolution...What About Helium Network?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3038

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 01:55:23 AM

You should be using the Search function we have here on the Forum in the right upper corner you see !
It would be have safed you a lot of time i guess and you would be find the Answer to your issue you got or have for your Rig.
Maybe its one of the risers that makes the problems , but it can be so many things that gives you the issue.

XUR_TIP

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 06:58:42 AM

For your connections that's disconnect every two days I recommend buying a router and use wired cable instead, since I did this I never had any issues with internet connections again, no constant connect and disconnects that happens with hotspot and modem

Didz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 07:31:14 PM

You should be using the Search function we have here on the Forum in the right upper corner you see !
It would be have safed you a lot of time i guess and you would be find the Answer to your issue you got or have for your Rig.
Maybe its one of the risers that makes the problems , but it can be so many things that gives you the issue.

Thanks Lafu for the advice but I did search on this forum and I did contact HiveOS support many times and yes my rig issues can be so many things (it's not the risers the issue). Lately I learned that you can activate the logs file on HiveOS with a command line and then when 1 rig/worker get disconnected I can look at the logs file of that worker to see the errors with this command:

Code:
message file "**miner**.log" -f=/var/log/miner/**minername**/**minername.log**

Simply replacing the **miner** and **minername** with the miner software name in use.
It's been 18 hours since I switched from Phoenix Miner to T-Rex Miner and until now no disconnection, fingers crossed!

Didz (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 07:54:15 PM

For your connections that's disconnect every two days I recommend buying a router and use wired cable instead, since I did this I never had any issues with internet connections again, no constant connect and disconnects that happens with hotspot and modem

Thank you XUR_TIP, that's the thing, I was aware of all the potentiel connection issues with WiFi so I bought a Heavy Duty High Speed Cat8 Ethernet Cable 50 ft Shielded which is connected from my modem/router then I passed it throw my floor until my garage then I use a NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch and then from the switches I use Cat 6 Ethernet cables.

Plus I verified many times with my ISP + investigated in my IP Gateway web interface + monitor my LAN connection with the Chrome extension "Internet Connection Monitor" and concluded that my internet connection seems to be all good.

I won't go into all the details for the rest of my investigation but lately I suspected it's the miner software the issue. After all the mining software is what operate to communicate between the hardwares that you use and the crypto blockchain.

On a positive note, it's a good thing after all that I have issues with my rigs so it forces me to spend hours to read online, ask questions, try different configurations, hardware setups etc. Lately I have been learning as much as when I was studying physics.

Cheers!

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 08:34:42 PM

when it is in the "books" and "courses" ... you are pretty late LOL

better late than never hehehe

it was pretty much losers with gpus and the miner devs (legends and not so legends) wandering around this forum in the early days.
Didz (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 12:32:37 AM

when it is in the "books" and "courses" ... you are pretty late LOL

better late than never hehehe

it was pretty much losers with gpus and the miner devs (legends and not so legends) wandering around this forum in the early days.

Hahaha I understand but in my opinion the crypto world is still in its infancy!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: