Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a Hard Time Moving this Blockchain  (Read 90 times)
DMDHands (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 02:45:28 AM

I've created a new Node. But still unable to mine and move this blockchain.

******-cli generate 1

output:[]

Block height is the same.

https://imgur.com/cOiRsHu

https://github.com/Squiji/DiamondHands
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 05:24:53 AM

You got a blank output instead of the generated block so it must have failed because of "something".
I guess your processor now can't mine a block after 1000000 (default) iterations because of the new difficulty since there are already 5759 blocks in your blockchain.
You can try to increase the iterations to 100000000 to extend the time before mining fail;
for generate command (I see, it's forked from an old version of bitcoin core): shitcoin-cli generate 1 100000000
Code:
diamondhands-cli generate "number_of_blocks" "number_of_ilterations"
for generatetoaddress command: shitcoin-cli generatetoaddress 1 "address" 100000000
Code:
diamondhands-cli generatetoaddress "number_of_blocks" "address" "number_of_ilterations"

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DMDHands (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 04:35:09 AM

You got a blank output instead of the generated block so it must have failed because of "something".
I guess your processor now can't mine a block after 1000000 (default) iterations because of the new difficulty since there are already 5759 blocks in your blockchain.
You can try to increase the iterations to 100000000 to extend the time before mining fail;
for generate command (I see, it's forked from an old version of bitcoin core): shitcoin-cli generate 1 100000000
Code:
diamondhands-cli generate "number_of_blocks" "number_of_ilterations"
for generatetoaddress command: shitcoin-cli generatetoaddress 1 "address" 100000000
Code:
diamondhands-cli generatetoaddress "number_of_blocks" "address" "number_of_ilterations"

That did not work.

However I found some more info. It seems I get alot of connection 29032 refused errors in the wallet. With no incoming connections. I have tried opening ports and disabling the firewall. Doesn't work.

Also interesting is: After installing new node it updates all the tips and then it throws this in the log file: 'socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104). Then starts throwing the 29032 refused connection errors.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5617

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 07:00:53 AM

So, the issue is not block generation then.
"socket recv error Connection reset by peer (104)" is a generic error message which doesn't really tell the reason for the disconnection; it's usually followed by the description of the issue.
"29032 refused connection" may be an RPC problem connecting through port: 29032.

I'm sorry but I can't help you find the root of the issue,  you know your coin's code better than anyone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████