Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Modern Mode of Payments  (Read 651 times)
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 09:58:17 AM

The campaign for cashless policy has been made even before the pandemic and everything is been done to avoid cash and all sort of transactions. You can introduce other modes of payment like electric money to just anybody but Digital currency one need to have the knowledge of at least own a coin before going into it.
but still not happening because people are hard to accept those things, and still majority don't trust this market and currencies so this may take another long time before finally happens.
Cashless society might be the final destination for human in finance wise. For example, pandemic situations are emphasizing the importance of moving toward cashless system as early as possible. I believe those people who find new mode of payments hard will slowly realizing the advantages of new technology which will push them toward adopting it in no quick times.

I agree new payment systems require lots of basic set up like smart mobile with internet access and basic knowledge on what/how to do. Still, when there is a demand then people will easily adopt things by learning somehow.

dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 10:00:02 AM

people already have modern payment, just from smartphone. creator create what people need, like now, many younger kill their time with smartphone. this feature added following the future.
about crypto payment, there are many people still dont know about it. and people that already know will implement in their life, when the store provide it.

about this pandemic, there are many people still go to store because they dont believe with this stuff. and people forced to do all stuff via online. and, no one of them provide payment with crypto. so, people just collecting it and make it invest for future.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 12:17:37 PM

We cannot compare the use of cryptocurrency to the e-payments you've mentioned. Just in term of decentralization, the two are different from each other since e-payments are definitely under the control of the government. When it comes to crypto, it is not yet legal for most of the countries unlike the e-payments that is being used considering the pandemic going on. Also, when it comes to volatility, e-payments doesn't have one since the currency being transacted there are just mere fiat. Both are convenient but obviously e-payments would rule more since it is quite required and much more well-known compared to cryptocurrencies.
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 697

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 01:00:12 PM

FIAT (Coins) --->  Electronic Money (Gcash, Paymaya, Paypal, etc...) ---> Digital Currency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, XRP, etc...)

Due to the spread of the Covid-19 virus in different countries, people have become aware that many viruses can be obtained from fiat money. That's why in our Country suddenly dropped the percentage of users of fiat money especially coins.
It has not be announced officially that money can be another means of contacting virus from different sections, so therefore I think that point of yours is not really clear and understandable from my perspective, I hope it needs concentration to look towards it, I'm not disputing your points but I believe such disease can't be transmitted through Fiat currency or Money, from the aspect of dropping Fiat, it seems that in different societies have noticed the benefit of cryptocurrency that is while some prefer crypto than Fiat because can't make am impact multiplication of money if be stored.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
iphone5s

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2021, 05:14:17 PM

Yes, the post is not only about crypto payment method but digital fiat payment method. It is just showing how we are going into digital payments these days because of this covid virus. Not only in his country but around the world that as much as possible we want to avoid the use of physical cash. Ride-sharing apps or delivery platforms are now encouraging their customers to pay online to further avoid physical contact.

It's great not to come face-to-face with people who aren't necessarily healthy or sick in the future. Covid-19 is not a disease that is considered trivial at this time because in my country it is under strict treatment for direct transactions. If you violate these rules then you will be penalized and you could be jailed. So with virtual or digital payments it really helps many people reduce direct transactions. Take care of your health because this disease is not for entertainment.

andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 02:26:30 AM

Yes, the post is not only about crypto payment method but digital fiat payment method. It is just showing how we are going into digital payments these days because of this covid virus. Not only in his country but around the world that as much as possible we want to avoid the use of physical cash. Ride-sharing apps or delivery platforms are now encouraging their customers to pay online to further avoid physical contact.

It's great not to come face-to-face with people who aren't necessarily healthy or sick in the future. Covid-19 is not a disease that is considered trivial at this time because in my country it is under strict treatment for direct transactions. If you violate these rules then you will be penalized and you could be jailed. So with virtual or digital payments it really helps many people reduce direct transactions. Take care of your health because this disease is not for entertainment.
it seems that the covid pandemic supports an era of change, where digital payments are an alternative to maintaining health which reduces interactions with many people. after all health is of the utmost importance, and it is an area of the economy that adapts to it

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 09:06:25 AM

people already have modern payment, just from smartphone. creator create what people need, like now, many younger kill their time with smartphone. this feature added following the future.
about crypto payment, there are many people still dont know about it. and people that already know will implement in their life, when the store provide it.

about this pandemic, there are many people still go to store because they dont believe with this stuff. and people forced to do all stuff via online. and, no one of them provide payment with crypto. so, people just collecting it and make it invest for future.
There isn't a lot of crypto payments available in my country, most of them are fiat based although there are some that support cryptocurrency in their platform although the fees are ridiculous. I think that we are in the middle of innovation is online payment because there are still something new that is being introduced to this day.

KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2021, 09:22:35 AM

I am all in for cryptos but this is not what's been happening right now. Let me give you an in-depth analysis of what I have observed.

1. Local mode of payments are getting though cards , your credit cards , debit cards or any mode of e-payment, but unfortunately not cryptocurrencies because the stores are not everywhere so open and at the same time online fiat payments charge nothing.

2. The international transfers are taking much more time as compared to normal, so people are indeed thinking of payment though bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies but then again their price fluctuations does mean that they have to encash it instantly! Which is not a big deal with good wallets and trading platforms. The overall fee is comparatively very affordable in regards to payments done through cryptocurrencies!

Totally correct. For most people in my area during the pandemic, yes most payments for goods/services were paid online but mostly via the credit and debit cards like you mention because most if not all of the stores in my place too will only accept such for now and this are the regular everyday stores we would patronize even if there are few stores that accept Cryptocurrency those are not your every consumables.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 11:09:39 AM

digital payments are an alternative to maintaining health which reduces interactions with many people. after all health is of the utmost importance, and it is an area of the economy that adapts to it
That must be a valid point which is definitely making digital payments and crypto permanent to become more popular according to the current state of most country's pandemic situations. I'm not seeing that pandemic chaos to be ending for next 2 to 3 years which might lead to cashless society in most probable case. So, you can expect digital payments are dominating in very near future itself.

I think that we are in the middle of innovation is online payment because there are still something new that is being introduced to this day.
Yes, we are in middle of innovation and adoption. We cannot expect everyone already started using digital payments and at the same time there are few merchants started accepting crypto payments in most countries or at least you are able to buy anything using gift coupons which can be purchased for crypto payments.
Alucard1

Activity: 574
Merit: 125

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 12:46:44 PM

Even though we still have this kind of pandemic, the transaction for fiat currency cannot be avoided, a lot of people prefer this kind of transaction because they don't have the knowledge yet in cryptocurrency on which this thing is prone to spreading the virus nowadays, this is a good time for cryptocurrency for online transaction or mode of payments, Actually, e-payment like Paypal, cash, etc are also a good mode of payment, but for those who know cryptocurrency, they will still choose it over gcash as they can use it for a good investment.

molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 12:49:15 PM

You're right in this generation majority of people use their gadgets to kill their time esp we doesn't have any choice since we can't go outside and in fact we can do everything under internet and technology (smartphone and laptop) like buying and selling online, paying also online. Now, we can transfer money using our phone. About crypto payment, I don't think there still a lot of people doesn't know about it. I've seen in facebook this past month that theres a supermarket here in ph where you can pay via crypto. So I think crypto is improving and evolving. Paying online (credit card and crypto) is a big help to the people esp. these pandemic where viruses just spreading around us. It makes to less interact with people and means les chance of getting virus.
That's sad to hear that there are people who doesn't believe in virus. And I can say it's kinda true. Our country (ph) are in 2 years of pandemic and you can see outside people who don't have mask and face shield as if there no virus exist.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 01:06:50 PM

Yes it seems that the modern mode of payment is really going to be online there are so many e-wallet provider nowadays.
And to be honest I think it is much better than paying with cash due to covid-19 less physical contact and it is much faster since we would pay an exact amount so we wouldn't need to wait for our changes.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 05:27:54 PM

It has not be announced officially that money can be another means of contacting virus from different sections, so therefore I think that point of yours is not really clear and understandable from my perspective, I hope it needs concentration to look towards it, I'm not disputing your points but I believe such disease can't be transmitted through Fiat currency or Money, from the aspect of dropping Fiat, it seems that in different societies have noticed the benefit of cryptocurrency that is while some prefer crypto than Fiat because can't make am impact multiplication of money if be stored.
There is a wide range of research, that demonstrates that coronavirus can stick to many surfaces for a pretty long period of time. Here's a good article, which represents info about the virus viability on different surfaces, including paper banknotes. According to this study, the virus can remain viable on paper money for as long as 28 days at room temperature.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 06:34:54 PM

in this generation majority of people use their gadgets to kill their time esp we doesn't have any choice since we can't go outside and in fact we can do everything under internet and technology (smartphone and laptop) like buying and selling online, paying also online. Now, we can transfer money using our phone. About crypto payment, I don't think there still a lot of people doesn't know about it. I've seen in facebook this past month that theres a supermarket here in ph where you can pay via crypto. So I think crypto is improving and evolving. Paying online (credit card and crypto) is a big help to the people esp. these pandemic where viruses just spreading around us. It makes to less interact with people and means les chance of getting virus.
That's sad to hear that there are people who doesn't believe in virus. And I can say it's kinda true. Our country (ph) are in 2 years of pandemic and you can see outside people who don't have mask and face shield as if there no virus exist.
I do not think that people "don't know" about crypto, they just do not use it but if you ask them what it is they have a vague idea about it or at least heard of it. That is the thing about this year, it looks like it is actually something major in all over the world, too many people heard about it, some got in and some didn't but all learned about it and that is a very important thing if you ask me. So this is why I think it is quite obvious that anyone who doesn't buy crypto or use crypto at this point only do it because they are just not interested and not because they do not know what it is about.

So long story short I do believe in the future of crypto because at least we managed to educate people about it. But I do agree that I was expecting a lot more during this pandemic and it wasn't really as used as it could have been, price has been higher and higher but usage for purchasing and places that accept haven't increased all that much.

Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 07:02:43 PM

FIAT (Coins) --->  Electronic Money (Gcash, Paymaya, Paypal, etc...) ---> Digital Currency (Bitcoin, Ethereum, BCH, XRP, etc...)

Due to the spread of the Covid-19 virus in different countries, people have become aware that many viruses can be obtained from fiat money. That's why in our Country suddenly dropped the percentage of users of fiat money especially coins. And because of locked downs, people are just stay at home. So, they start their works online and also making transactions online, buying and selling online and instead of paying a cash money, they use electronic money for payments or even sending money for their love ones. Also, through this pandemic many people start using cryptocurrency where they can earn money as another source of income. So, making transactions outside is really difficult nowadays, but because we have a lot of modern types of mode of payments, no need to worry about that. We can make transaction easily just by using your phone, computer and other gadgets, with fast transaction, safe and hassle free because you just make transactions while stay at home, and away from VIRUSES. From Fiat money, we use electronic money and now digital currency is available to be used anytime. If we have friends who don’t know about digital currency, we can help them understand and learn about it so that they can use it as well and at the same time we can help the demand of bitcoin and other digital currencies to increase.

First of all, from whichever country you are from, fiat does not pose that much of a threat in soreading viruses such as covid-19. At keast not so much that it would reach a point in where people would be afraid to use fiat. And even if so, first thing they would go to will be e-money which are some of what you have mentioned above. But in daily basis, e-money inside a thing we call CREDIT CARDS are to be the best and most common choice of the masses. Butcoin and all, doesn't have anything to do with it. Using it as a mode of payment in any part of the world would be a hassle since it is not adooted quite well by enough people for it to be used as a mode of payment.
I am all in on influencing friends and families to get into this industry for them to earn also in investing but I would have to make sure then that I give them proper introductions about this industry before draghing them in since it may result in them losing money intead of gaining. And that is what everyone should consider first before dragging anyone into this industry.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 10:30:09 PM

Fiat is the main source mode of payment for a thousand of decades. Now in our generation we had, there are some of the centralized exchange or local adopted this if anyone want to a make a deposit via Paypal, Credit card, I don't know about Gcash and Paymaya these are a prepaid electronic card if I am not mistaken also don't know if some of the exchange accept these two. But the rest could able to buy Bitcoin, ETH, XRP and BCH.

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 10:43:09 PM

In my country cryptocurrencies are being introduced little by little. Binance P2P, Cryptoway, Cryptobuyer among others are offering their services to provide users with the most pleasant experience.

OP, I agree that we must teach our friends and family the use of cryptocurrencies and demonstrate its benefits. In fact I am trying, we just need a little patience and choose the easiest method to successfully get more people to join bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

As a curious fact in my city I have heard on the radio of people who offer their services as an advisor in the world of cryptocurrencies, if someone wants to venture into similar work there is a new way to earn extra income.

South Park

Activity: 2898
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 06:51:24 PM

Big companies and entrepreneurs are who the best people who can do this job. They can make invention or innovative product or service related to cryptocurrency that can benefit people, I think this is the best way to spread the word about bitcoin.
Again the concept of bitcoin based startups, which is becoming common in many countries. New exchanges are being founded and they are trying to spread the word. I think as an individual we can help these reach the groups that need it the most. Crypto can help the small-cap markets and the business owners but it needs acceptance before than.
There are already a few places that accept bitcoin as payment and government is not doing anything about that at all. There are few nations that do not allow that, but let’s take a look at USA, they are a big nation right? They do allow people to sell stuff for bitcoin, hell paypal helps you sell stuff for bitcoin as well, long story short it is all allowed.

Yet we do not see too many people selling for bitcoin. We do not have to really expect millions of business' to start accepting bitcoin, that is not the important part here, what we should do is get huge corporations to accept. Look at Tesla, I never bought one but I hear they accept or will accept bitcoin? Do that with google, facebook, apple, amazon, microsoft and other big names that I forgot, get the biggest 20-30 companies to accept bitcoin and everyone else in the world will follow them.
We are getting close to that point, this is not exactly as I thought it would happen but I will take it, I really thought that people in general will be the ones to adopt bitcoin and the large corporations will only come late in the game once thy realized their mistake, but it seems the opposite is happening, even if the bitcoin adoption is not as strong as we would like it, they are taking a position already so they can keep their spot in their respective industries and remain still as dominant as before.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 11:50:11 AM

Big companies and entrepreneurs are who the best people who can do this job. They can make invention or innovative product or service related to cryptocurrency that can benefit people, I think this is the best way to spread the word about bitcoin.
Again the concept of bitcoin based startups, which is becoming common in many countries. New exchanges are being founded and they are trying to spread the word. I think as an individual we can help these reach the groups that need it the most. Crypto can help the small-cap markets and the business owners but it needs acceptance before than.
There are already a few places that accept bitcoin as payment and government is not doing anything about that at all. There are few nations that do not allow that, but let’s take a look at USA, they are a big nation right? They do allow people to sell stuff for bitcoin, hell paypal helps you sell stuff for bitcoin as well, long story short it is all allowed.

Yet we do not see too many people selling for bitcoin. We do not have to really expect millions of business' to start accepting bitcoin, that is not the important part here, what we should do is get huge corporations to accept. Look at Tesla, I never bought one but I hear they accept or will accept bitcoin? Do that with google, facebook, apple, amazon, microsoft and other big names that I forgot, get the biggest 20-30 companies to accept bitcoin and everyone else in the world will follow them.
We are getting close to that point, this is not exactly as I thought it would happen but I will take it, I really thought that people in general will be the ones to adopt bitcoin and the large corporations will only come late in the game once thy realized their mistake, but it seems the opposite is happening, even if the bitcoin adoption is not as strong as we would like it, they are taking a position already so they can keep their spot in their respective industries and remain still as dominant as before.

People want to use a system that is convenient to them. They want a useful, fast, and less costly system that bitcoin or crypto is providing. But the problem with global adoption is a very large number of people don't know how to use the internet or never have used it. Without the internet, bitcoin doesn't exist. So first we need to adopt technology globally. At least 70-80% of people should have devices and internet connections. Without it, mass adoption will never be possible and paper money will still be needed.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 12:00:49 PM

~
Yes, we are in middle of innovation and adoption. We cannot expect everyone already started using digital payments and at the same time there are few merchants started accepting crypto payments in most countries or at least you are able to buy anything using gift coupons which can be purchased for crypto payments.
Yes we can't expect everyone to adopt but we can always inform someone about the innovations so we can cut short the  time it takes to fully innovate, remember that every adoption counts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: