Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to MetaMask users .  (Read 190 times)
xenon131 (OP)

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 05:40:14 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2022, 05:04:20 PM by xenon131
Merited by lovesmayfamilis (1)

A

Bмecтo cтpaxa в cepдцe кaждoгo yкpaинцa  яpocть и жaждa мecти pycнe. Instead of fear in the heart of every Ukrainian there are a rage    and a furiousness  for revenge to ruska kurva aka rusnya.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2021, 05:52:23 AM

Scammers evolve as people become more knowledgeable about previous methods. Now they are trying to set up fake forms to collect information and get you to give them the recovery phrase.

A basic information here should stop this scam - one must not share their private keys/secret phrase with anyone because one knows it will be able to spend their coins.

But the mistake some people do is they try to use Google for queries when they get into problems, that is where the phishing sites come into action. Their SEO helps them come to search results. Cant help this but make people aware of the same.

Also suggest you to move this topic to "Service Discussion (altcoins)".

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 06:17:54 AM

The main victim of this scam will be the newbies who just landed into cryptoworld and have only a little idea on where they are into. And I would feel too bad for them if they fall into it. But thanks to this heads up, at least some will be aware about this scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 07:05:29 AM

I'm also using Metamask thank you for this one. I think this kind of scam method is common and only those who are completely newbie fall into this kind of trap. But still, everyone should be careful because once they managed to access your wallet, they can swiftly get everything inside it. These people are insane and they don't give you a chance to recover your ETH and other tokens once they took everything from your wallet. When it involves putting important information just back off and don't use such services. no platforms will ask you for your important information unless they want to access your wallet which is not right.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Refrumatrix

Activity: 301
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 07:42:59 AM

The only downside for metamask is add-on on Chrome and other browsers, no matter how careful you are you will make a mistake one day unless you don't use the PC to browse the internet, the more you have the metamask active and you are going from one website to another you are not safe, the mobile app is more safer

Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 08:15:33 AM

It's plain stupidity, private keys are called Private keys for a reason, I don't know why people refuse to be smart this days, I've never click on any link for something I don't work for or something I'm not expecting, there is nothing that can make me share my private key with anybody....

Even if satoshi nakamoto is a well known person and he contact me through video call and I'm 100% sure it's him and he ask for my private key to my BTC wallet I will block him, it's as simple as that

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 08:27:23 AM

The main victim of this scam will be the newbies who just landed into cryptoworld and have only a little idea on where they are into. And I would feel too bad for them if they fall into it. But thanks to this heads up, at least some will be aware about this scam.

Those new to crypto are often going to also send their private keys if they are not aware. Even if it's the official metamask support, they should be aware that PK is not meant to send to anyone. Not that I admire it, I hate scammers but some of their strategies are becoming very creative.

Metamask shouldn't just be there on twitter but also warn users on reddit and here on bitcointalk since this is the biggest crypto community.

MCcryptonia

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 03:38:07 PM

Newbies will always be vulnerable to such attacks because they are the ones who don't actually like learning before taking a path, they like learning the hardest ways, private keys are the key to your cribs so they should never be shared with anyone and of course it's why I prefer hardware wallet, all these phishing and spywares can't penetrate some top notch hardware wallet

Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 08:04:42 PM

Hackers are getting good on their line of work Grin, I think newbies in crypto are the ones who will be a victim in this kind of strategy the only rule that you will always remember in crypto is never give your private keys even to your wife Wink just follow these rules and your good.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 02:49:04 PM

Those new to crypto are often going to also send their private keys if they are not aware. Even if it's the official metamask support, they should be aware that PK is not meant to send to anyone. Not that I admire it, I hate scammers but some of their strategies are becoming very creative.

Metamask shouldn't just be there on twitter but also warn users on reddit and here on bitcointalk since this is the biggest crypto community.
Oh yeah, everyone should bear in mind that private keys are literally for private (or personal) use only.
Another thing I would agree, scammers are smart enough to make it look almost 100% legit.
I myself was a victim of hacking way back 2019 and I don't have any idea how did they do it since I'm keeping all my sensitive informations just for myself. If ever I fell to a phishing site, then they are so brilliant that I didn't notice it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 02:10:49 PM

I am a metamask user and many scammers, whether from telegram or twitter, have sent a lot of web phishing on behalf of Elon Musk, whatever happens, never give or fill in your private key to other people, whether it's metamask support or other people.
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 03:30:46 PM

This condition is especially dangerous for MetaMask users who store bigger assets there. MetaMask has a lot of functionality, including for connection with swap exchanges. If you are not careful in using it, it will result in loss of assets. We really appreciate to thank you for information like this.
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1453

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:11:35 PM

I am a metamask user and many scammers, whether from telegram or twitter, have sent a lot of web phishing on behalf of Elon Musk, whatever happens, never give or fill in your private key to other people, whether it's metamask support or other people.

This is one of the biggest issues imo that leads to two bad consequences:
- People trust wallets from exchanges and third part entities.
- People get wrong certitude that using cryptocurrencies is a dangerous thing and they have to rely on others to use them.

Great Thanks to Op for pointing this out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 11:57:37 PM

Thanks for bringing this up. Although many of us here can easily avoid this attempt. But too bad that with the surge of the market, there's also a surge of newcomers who are targets of this phishing scam.

If there's no one that taught them how to avoid such by not giving seed to anyone or any form, they'll bite on this scam and will fill up the form and will sadly be a victim of this phishing.  Undecided

Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:44:16 PM

Thanks for bringing this up. Although many of us here can easily avoid this attempt. But too bad that with the surge of the market, there's also a surge of newcomers who are targets of this phishing.

If there's no one that taught them how to avoid such by not giving seed to anyone or any form, they'll bite on this scam and will fill up the form and will sadly be a victim of this phishing scam.
true, everyone in the crypto world should know not send anyone their seed phrases or private keys in order to receive something, like an airdrop or some coins, it should be the first thing they learn not to do, they can easily fall for a phishing attack like it's nothing.

sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 01:00:45 AM

Thanks for bringing this up. Although many of us here can easily avoid this attempt. But too bad that with the surge of the market, there's also a surge of newcomers who are targets of this phishing.

If there's no one that taught them how to avoid such by not giving seed to anyone or any form, they'll bite on this scam and will fill up the form and will sadly be a victim of this phishing scam.
true, everyone in the crypto world should know not send anyone their seed phrases or private keys in order to receive something, like an airdrop or some coins, it should be the first thing they learn not to do, they can easily fall for a phishing attack like it's nothing.
Too bad that there were incidents that there were newbies that are caught by this trick. They thought that it's fine to share it through those fill up forms because they think it's coming from the legitimate source and the management itself.

But little did they know, it's coming from the hacker that are trying to phish them. Well, it's just about being informed and having a bit of knowledge how to protect yourself from it.

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 04:47:27 PM

The only downside for metamask is add-on on Chrome and other browsers, no matter how careful you are you will make a mistake one day unless you don't use the PC to browse the internet, the more you have the metamask active and you are going from one website to another you are not safe, the mobile app is more safer
you can logout your metamask before you browse the internet to make sure that no one can screw you and dont visit sites that are not safe for work  . i cant say if the mobile app of meta mask is more safer because phishing can happen outside and not the inside of the app but the app version is more easy and convenient to use so i prefer it over the add on one .

remember in crypto is never give your private keys even to your wife Wink just follow these rules and your good.
Even if satoshi nakamoto is a well known person and he contact me through video call and I'm 100% sure it's him and he ask for my private key to my BTC wallet I will block him, it's as simple as that
this gave me a good laugh haha . its hard to prove the identity of satoshi but not our wife , we know if she is trusted or not . i can share my private keys to my wife more than satoshi Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: