Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:55:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why FOMO when a coin is pumping  (Read 1184 times)
mbakruroh

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

enterapp.io PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 09:40:31 PM

I always wonder why a lot of people fomo to buy a coin or token after the price has pumped. In this present bull run I've seen a lot of people FOMO and buy cryptos at a really high price and they quickly dump when they witness drawdowns.
Isn't that just hustling backwards?? Its almost like they are trying to loose money on purpose.
So i wonder why they FOMO to buy in the first place

Of course they are buying coins when the price starts to increase, and you think the price is already very high, but the pope still says the price is still very low. We only buy a small part of the amount of crypto that exists, but many other investors are ready to buy in large quantities, so the opportunity for price increases is still very possible.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 11:22:30 PM

Very simply, the loss of control of greed for the uninformed, or it is a real opportunity for those who see a profit from FOMO. One thing is for sure, most signals to prepare for an outburst are rather vague, like turning rumors into facts.
Most of the FOMO that I see.

They are just too late to invest and they think that it's best if they'll come along with the rise. But that's a wrong move and decision because just after investing.

The price of that coin that they fomoed goes down.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2021, 04:58:24 AM

Seriously I don't like FOMOs but in some case there are exception When there is fundamentals and also the coin just started to pump maybe say like 50% and I just have a feeling that is going to really explored then I can buy and HODL through.. example is buying Sol when it starts pumping at 2-5 bucks will be a good plan now that is 75 bucks.. Managing FOMO is just the issue

litepool.ru

Activity: 531
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 10:33:10 AM

Very simply, the loss of control of greed for the uninformed, or it is a real opportunity for those who see a profit from FOMO. One thing is for sure, most signals to prepare for an outburst are rather vague, like turning rumors into facts.
Most of the FOMO that I see.

They are just too late to invest and they think that it's best if they'll come along with the rise. But that's a wrong move and decision because just after investing.

The price of that coin that they fomoed goes down.
I understand the problem from the latecomers, who sometimes don't know they've turned into benefactors for this market. It's not trust, but stupid obstinacy to remain optimistic FOMO things are too late. However, recent developments are looking very good, but I think people will lose control of greed again and lose money.

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 02:21:07 PM

Well, some people doesn't need to be informed about the project of the coin, they just wait for a pump.
When the coin pumps, many people will look into the coin and try to find the opportunity to buy with a good price before it pumped harder.
That's why FOMO will be occurred when the coin pumps.

Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 02:54:34 PM

Right from a long time ago, FOMO has done more harm than good and yet a lot of people seems not to learn from it. Months ago, the market was in red, many didn't bothered to buy their favourite coins and tokens, while many kept adjusting their buying price with the mindset the market will dump more, until the market started picking up, yet they didn't buy, now the market has shown a very good recovery, they will start FOMO into coins they would have bought at a cheaper and better price.
Well, some would say, it is a 50/50 thing, that is, it might work or might not work, but i would say, it is not worth it.
There are many coins and tokens in the market, when you miss an entry into a coin, don't bother chasing it, however look for others which are yet to pump and buy in, then be patient. Moreover, if you want a coin for long term and it has moved already, it's better to wait because an entry will always come up.
Lastly, I think those who FOMO into coins when it's pumping are people after fast or quick profits.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
armanhusni

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:38:15 PM

I believe the main reason why people are afraid to miss out (FOMO) when coins are pumped is due to little or insufficient research. If we want to do some research on several digital currencies, it is better to enter at the right time so as not to become a victim of Fomo. I noticed that most of the victims of FOMO are those who always do research when the market is conducive.

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:48:37 PM

Because someone people probably thinking that they can make quick profit from the pump before the price dump, otherwise I don't see any other reason why someone will fomo into a coin that is already pumping so much, once I see a coin is more than 10% high I find it difficult to jump it because from there on anything can happen, it can start correcting back and you will be forced to sell at loss if you are not ready to hold till price reverse back up. Not a wise thing to do.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:56:48 PM

I always wonder why a lot of people fomo to buy a coin or token after the price has pumped. In this present bull run I've seen a lot of people FOMO and buy cryptos at a really high price and they quickly dump when they witness drawdowns.
Isn't that just hustling backwards?? Its almost like they are trying to loose money on purpose.
For many people, it is easier to act, looking back at how everyone else is doing, rather than giving yourself the trouble to spend your time and energy on your own studies and your own analysis of projects and coins, before starting investing. The usual human desire to make money by accident, without making serious efforts.
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:44:24 PM

For many people, it is easier to act, looking back at how everyone else is doing, rather than giving yourself the trouble to spend your time and energy on your own studies and your own analysis of projects and coins, before starting investing. The usual human desire to make money by accident, without making serious efforts.
Thoughts like that we should throw away because after all when we want to get something we have to try first,
certainly not easy and will take a lot of time and energy when we analyze projects or coins,
but we will also get the same result

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:50:12 PM

We do go into those path on where it is on the the easiest part or doesnt really like to put much effort on studying and researching up everything.When they do saw something
which is really on trend or really the main talk of the town then they do tend to jump in without further verification or having some research and this is where most people do
really end up on getting scammed or lost their investment because they werent aware that a certain coin is already on peak or already in Fomo state.
Yes, it isnt easy to determine the situation but having some sufficient experience into the market will really give at least some idea.
Pulsar77

Activity: 1750
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:56:03 PM

Not all people have the same psychology. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who FOMO or panic sell. These people are afraid of missing the chance of increasing their money. They see that many people are making an investment and making profit. They want to do it also. Then if the coin price starts going down, they start panicking. They are rushing things and this time they start panic-selling.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:57:47 PM

i think,This is because people do not always have the patience to buy at the moment they are in the accumulation period and when they suddenly start to appreciate, there is the feeling that they can go further. In some cases they end up making a profit, but in other cases it is a loss. With experience people tend to make fewer mistakes.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 11:59:17 PM

It is normal that people become interested to buy when looking at the chance to earn money instantly. When a coin price is pumping, people can see that the price continues increasing constantly and it is in a short time. People probably think that they also can earn money if they join it immediately. Sadly, when they buy the coin, the price is starting to decline because already reaches the highest rate. Some people prefer to keep it on wallets and wait for the next pump, while others decide to cut loss.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 05:43:36 AM

Not all people have the same psychology. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who FOMO or panic sell. These people are afraid of missing the chance of increasing their money. They see that many people are making an investment and making profit. They want to do it also. Then if the coin price starts going down, they start panicking. They are rushing things and this time they start panic-selling.

Emotions leads them to create FOMO, they are trying to ride with the train without really knowing the reason why the project is moving, there are articficial pumped that being followed by lazy traders.

Once the value start to dropped this same people who fears to lose more after buying at the peak are the one that will sell out.
fomo events will drain the emotions of traders. when the fomo occurs, traders rush to buy the coin so as not to lose the moment, especially traders without knowledge, they buy and don't immediately leave the market, until finally an anti-climax occurs and the price crashes. From that incident, of course, many people were happy, but there were also many who suffered
Rocky993
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 08:45:03 AM

When any coin is pumped in the market, its price will come in the next case and we will have to wait for that moment.  Keeping an eye on the market, he will think of investing in any project.
ogundowotoby01

Activity: 117
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 11:21:29 PM

When when a coin is pumping is the wrong time to be I mean the fear of missing out because this is when every other person is getting on this ship but the morning from the traders of the coin when it was less in volume and this is when they will be selling. The absolute worst time to buy a coin is when it is close to all time high or when it is around  that price I this means that the coin is an overbought position and can crash any time

▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬   ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p   ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬
123swap.finance
Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 11:42:56 PM

When any coin is pumped in the market, its price will come in the next case and we will have to wait for that moment.  Keeping an eye on the market, he will think of investing in any project.

Being FOMO is common. What's the mistake of the majority is expecting that coin will reach 100x, 150x, 500x, 1000x, etc.

It's not the worst move to join a pump coin as long as don't expect much on that coin that it will turn you rich overnight. Learn also to take profits as in every pumped coin, it's impossible not to break its pump and slowly touch its bottom.

Don't regret if after selling, the price went up more. Learn to be patient.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 11:57:26 PM

FOMO is just what you feel when something is growing fast and this asset is not presented in your fortfolio. It's just a greed. And this is not a logical behaviour  Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 23, 2021, 04:25:21 AM

Because they feel there is an opportunity to be exploited when there is a big fomo in the market, that's how it has been for a long time, of course all of that is done for short gains, even though most of them will suffer losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: