Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 04:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1660 Super drawing power from PCIe ?  (Read 51 times)
YakETy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

Hi,
I have several cards (RTX 3070, RX6800) and 2 x 1660 Super. THey are both from PNY but different models.
They both run super well, but on the 75W they draw, 50 w average is coming from the PCIE Port and only 25 W from the 8 pin connector according to GPUZ.

When I look at the other cards, like the 3070 which are also from NVidia, they all draw around 13/18 W from the PCIe port and the rest from the 8 Pin connectors.

Is it a normal behaviour for a 1660 ? Are is it an issue with both my cards ? (which would be a shame....)

Thank you for your different feedbacks.
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:11:04 AM

Cards tend to have issues when they stop working or when they show bad behaviours, your cards are working perfectly ok and you are worrying yourself with how much current is been drawn from Pcie slot and 6+8pin Huh Really? Who cares? The cards works that's all that should matter

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:31:34 AM

Graphic cards are designed differently so the way they draw power can be different too, you are a consumer not a builder and you don't work for any GPU company, since the cards are working why are you so concerned about how they draw watts?

batsonxl

Activity: 1197
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:13:49 AM

Gpuz may not show you accurate readings. Because driver support and bios may send wrong data but close to real. Only way to be sure is you need special gear which not necessary for this kind of job. As long as pcie not drawing more than 75w it means just fine.
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:39:07 AM

This is unnecessary something to worry about, the cards aren't consuming high wattage and that's fine, I believe that should be more than enough for you to focus on continues mining, stay focus on profit making to get your returns on investment back

YakETy (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 11:33:38 AM

Thank you for your feedbacks.

All the hardware is already paid as I began mining in 2017 and upgraded the hardware in the meantime.

I am also trying to understand all around what I am doing not just taking the cryptos. Wink
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1065

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Gpuz may not show you accurate readings. Because driver support and bios may send wrong data but close to real. Only way to be sure is you need special gear which not necessary for this kind of job. As long as pcie not drawing more than 75w it means just fine.
The limits for the voltage consumption by the video card are set in the BIOS.
The video card will not be able to consume more than 75 watts via PCIe
The less the video card consumes electricity from the motherboard, the less load on the motherboard. Possibly lower power consumption will increase the lifespan of the motherboard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: