Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Journey from a Developer's perspective of SKIDDO Token in the world of DeFi  (Read 252 times)
SKIDDODev (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:52:29 AM

I am the developer/Founder of SKIDDO a DeFi Token that I have launched on March 23 of this year 2021. I want to share the journey that I have went through from Launch to Presale and finally till today in this wild wild west of DeFi.

I came from an extensive background in Fintech having started my career with Barclays dappling in the world of quants in electronic trading, HFT and market making in OTC Asset Classes. I came in touch with Crypto 5 years back while in a pub with a mate and got introduced into Bitcoin, ETH and the world of Altcoins. I have to say i was very fascinated how traditional finance has been disrupted by the blockchain technology. The concept of Flash Loan over the AVVE network for example totally blew my mind. Fast forward to 23rd March 2021 on that fateful day I decided that I want to launch a Token of my own to create value for investors and do a part for Kids Charity. This was how SKIDDO was given birth.

Heading into the unknow was indeed daunting for me. From creation of the website, establishing the Tokenomies and planning it for Pre-Sale were all a first for me. I screwed up on the Pre-Sale not once but thrice (LOL). And thank goodness I had a community of 100 odd people whom I have never met came together over Telegram, guided me on the Pre-Sale process on DXSale and we managed to successfully completed the Pre-Sale in less than 5 mins meeting the Hard Cap of 100 BNB (Till today majority of the initial 100 people are still invested in SKIDDO and some have played active roles in growing the community). Nothing could describe the shock on my face given that in traditional finance you dont raise funds in mins.

After the successful Pre-Sale, SKIDDO was listed on to PanCakeSwap for sale. I was again lost at this stage, I was never a marketing person nor a well connected person in the world of crypto. Where and how do I start to market? Well I hired promoters or they called them the Shillers, I paid a Russian Youtuber and I paid so called channels that have thousands of subscribers. And guess what? I got scammed not only for my BNB but also Tokens as form of payments. All in all I felt like a failure, not only I have not created value for my investors but I also depleted my own personal resources.

It was during this time, I decided to go back to the drawing board and re-assess what have I done wrong. This is where it hit me hard, I have been so distracted by the desire to create Hype, Noise and "Pump" for SKIDDO that I got steered off-course from my initial objective which is creating value for SKIDDO investors in a sustainable manner. What comes next is the unimaginable, I redesigned the Website 3 times, yes you hear me 3 times and focus on pure mathematics to drive our model. It was also during this time I noticed the emergence of Scam Projects and Tokens that rugged pulled unsuspecting victims. I felt something must be done.

Thats when SKIDDO launched a war against rug pulls and over the course of the 20 days of the campaign we have helped almost over 700 victims of Rugged Pulls Tokens to swap their near worthless Tokens into SKIDDO. Throughout the month we have grown day by day to a strength of over 1000 community members. The last 20 days of SKIDDO Against Rug Pull Campaign has seen over 700 ex victims of Rug Pulls joining the SKIDDO family.
We have promised to deliver and help to make back what has been lost and even further allow them to enjoy the exponential growth now and for the future.

I know it sounds silly but for reflection feature to work it’s full effect one has to rid off the volatility first. This helps in creating higher strong base price price. SKIDDO extrinsic value lies not only on the deflationary mechanism of it . The Value of SKIDDO comes from
1. Price Appreciation
2. Price of BNB
3. Redistribution of the 5% back and added to existing token holders.

For those that has held SKIDDO from day 1 and not sold you can see that despite no price spike your holdings are already above break even point because of the other 2 latter factors. SKIDDO is based on mathematical modelling that excludes intangible variables such as 0 in our hypothesis testing

Today we had build a strong foundation and base price . We chose the low profile manner . Now that we have a strong base price . We are slowly adding the hype one step at a time. We want SKIDDO to be like a rubber band . Stretched overtime and have an exponential growth. If you like broth I can say the longer we cook the tastier SKIDDO becomes.

If anyone wants to see the SKIDDO community or engage in any intellectual discussion please come find us on either

TG: https://t.me/SKIDDO_successkid

Best Regards
SKIDDO Dev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 09:57:10 AM

Heartfelt thoughts on this tough Journey
AllanC

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 02:27:28 AM

Kudos to the SKIDDO Dev for taking a different approach. I have been in the DeFi space for sometime. Any Tokens that are built on Hype will have a short lifespan. I am in agreement with you that it should be built on real utility which I am very glad that you are rolling out the DEX
denistso2244

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 02:47:15 AM

I guess creating a Stable and Strong Price floor is only one side to the equation. The marketing aspect is also very important. I personally feel you have a strong heart in the project and the fact that through SKIDDO you have helped victims of Rugged Tokens, its admirable. But do remember Marketing of Tokens is never easy in this space. In any case i like the NFT Art " Blessings" made an auction bid
MaiCapital

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 03:39:03 AM

I was an ex victim of rugged tokens too. I joined SKIDDO on the 2nd week of its launch and have been holding on to it till today . My experience is its a pretty serious community without much noise and hype. Looking forward to what the DEX can do
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 04:12:09 AM

Thanks for been with SKIDDO from the early stages. Apart from creating value for SKIDDO holders, I am also that the community members throughout our War Against Rug Pulls campaign have learnt what are the right questions to ask the project owners of new Tokens and also important details to look out for before deciding to participate or not. As always it’s a continuous learning curve. On the point of marketing I personally find it really very hard to make SKIDDO stands out from the vast sea of Tokens. My pockets has been burnt quite deep by empty promises of marketers that I have came across. Any suggestions on how should I approach the marketing aspects?
deldil

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 04:24:08 AM

I joined SKIDDO 2 weeks back by swapping my rugged tokens. A very nice project which gives second opportunity to rugged token victims.
Dev and team of SKIDDO are very committed and I  am sure this project will reach to new heights.
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 05:02:06 AM

New heights we will. And we are constantly improving our product breath and scope to stay relevant in this ever fast changing crypto space. I am also happy to see we run a poll as a community to choose a name for our DEX
cryptogemfinder18

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:56:36 AM

So is there an exact date when the DEX would be rolled out ? Also what tokens would be available on the DEX?
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:21:45 AM

@cryptogemfinder18

The DEX is under construction as we speak, has been on a crazy timeline. Handling the Chat Group, Marketing and also developing the DEX. The eta schedule release will be sometime in 2nd week may. Initially it was supposed to be timed at the same time as our AMA on the 8th May, but guess it would be delayed. We are also holding a poll for choosing the name of the DEX so you are welcome to participate as well. Just join our TG group.
Jovanwong18

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:09:06 AM

It definitely heartening to see one of the few projects that takes on a serious tone. You may want to hire outside consultants to run your marketing plan instead of finding random marketers or promoters from the Telegram. I doubt they are professional enough to bring across your SKIDDO values to real serious investors. Having said that i am looking forward to your AMA to find out about the mid to long term growth of SKIDDO. Continue to push on in what you believe in . Cheers
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:48:11 AM

Thanks Jovanwong18 we will continue to work hard and build SKIDDO up and create more value for our SKIDDO holders . We also look forward to meeting all of you for the AMA
Jovanwong18

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 12:42:51 PM

SKIDDODev I was Googling and came across this website which maybe you will find it useful in positioning SKIDDO and marketing it . https://websiteacademy.com/how-to-market-your-cryptocurrency-website-for-increased-investors/

Have a look . Happy to discuss
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 01:19:13 PM

Thanks Mate. Had a brief look at the link. Very helpful as a guideline indeed . I will take a deep dive and see which aspects of it is applicable for SKIDDO. Much appreciated
cryptogemfinder18

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 01:54:00 PM

@cryptogemfinder18

The DEX is under construction as we speak, has been on a crazy timeline. Handling the Chat Group, Marketing and also developing the DEX. The eta schedule release will be sometime in 2nd week may. Initially it was supposed to be timed at the same time as our AMA on the 8th May, but guess it would be delayed. We are also holding a poll for choosing the name of the DEX so you are welcome to participate as well. Just join our TG group.

Well it’s better to have a good and complete DEX before launch. Don’t rush into it. So am I right to say SKIDDO will be the Governance Token for the DEX? Another question is SKIDDO legitimise on the Blockchain, as in the token social profile are updated? And any plans to list on CEX?
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 02:36:35 PM

@cryptogemfinder18

Well it’s better to have a good and complete DEX before launch. Don’t rush into it. So am I right to say SKIDDO will be the Governance Token for the DEX? Another question is SKIDDO legitimise on the Blockchain, as in the token social profile are updated? And any plans to list on CEX?

Yes to your question SKIDDO does has its social profile, Token logo all updated in the BSC blockchain. You can have a look at the link over here https://bscscan.com/token/0x73d8Fd2a7e264b0c19cB981294C0cd11389Cc0b8#balances

Yes SKIDDO will be the Governance Token for the DEX that we are rolling out . Apart from launching a DEX , we have also launched an Outreach program for Traditional Artist to access the NFT space. We have started to work with a Rosemaling Artist , consulted her and helped her thru the entire process of placing her art piece titled “Blessings” up for auction. If you are an Art lover you can check “Blessings” out over here https://www.successkid.org/nft
AllanC

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 03:27:33 PM

SKIDDODev will there still be any Airdrop competition been conducted? I missed out on the first 2 airdrop competition
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 11:05:30 PM

SKIDDODev will there still be any Airdrop competition been conducted? I missed out on the first 2 airdrop competition

Hi AllanC , we periodically will hold Airdrops of SKIDDO in the form of small competition within the SKIDDO community. However having said that to qualify one has to be a SKIDDO holder. So actively watch out for news in our social channels to be on top of any Airdrop news or even development progress.

Cheers
thomaskwan18

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 01:14:27 AM

Chanced upon this post. Really amazed by how you push thru the project despite facing setbacks 3 times if I read correctly. I would have given up if I am in your shoes. So what are your plans for growth? I can see the potential of this project given the serious tone of it. Been on your TG Channel i must say its different from the usual TG groups I have been on. Please keep it up .....SKIDDO Dev
SKIDDODev (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:39:24 AM

Chanced upon this post. Really amazed by how you push thru the project despite facing setbacks 3 times if I read correctly. I would have given up if I am in your shoes. So what are your plans for growth? I can see the potential of this project given the serious tone of it. Been on your TG Channel i must say its different from the usual TG groups I have been on. Please keep it up .....SKIDDO Dev

Hi Thomas thanks for taking time to read and also join our TG Group.  I am happy to share with you our Growth Plans for this coming Quarter as an update

1. Social Profile was updated in BSC BlockChain (Which fully legitimizes the Status of SKIDDO)

2. SKIDDO is now made available on Delta App

3. SKIDDO apart from been tradable on PanCakeSwap, its also available on DoDo Exchange
https://app.dodoex.io/exchange/USDT-0x73d8fd2a7e264b0c19cb981294c0cd11389cc0b8?network=bsc-mainnet

4. SKIDDO will be launching our own DEX where SKIDDO will be the Governance Token

5. Lastly we have reached the 1000 Holders mark. Which is very exciting.

I hope I am able to see you on our first AMA tomorrow and we will address the growth plan as well.

Best Regards

SKIDDODev
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: