Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm now all in BTC. All eggs in one basket!  (Read 3083 times)
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 01:56:42 PM

I think you have thought carefully if you put it in one basket. I think you are ready with all the risks.
being in one BTC basket or trying to split across multiple altcoins it doesn't matter, what matters is your management and your management. I hope you're lucky
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 08:27:24 AM

~
Going all in isnt bad as long you do know the risk and also going all in with bitcoin is much more better rather than on considering some shit coins in the market.So i would really be taking this as a good step

but not all would really be that keen on investing on a single coin and would diversify on certain coins in the market.Its your money though so its your decision to take because when it comes to losses

you are the only ones who would experience it not us. So be careful on what decisions you would take.
I believe everyone has their own strategy when it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies. There are people who don't want to be bothered
by doing research or analysis, for reasons of busyness, so he only invests in Bitcoin which is proven to be safe. We can't blame other people
for going all in Bitcoin, it's their right to do that, because they have the authority to use the money they have. Let everyone make their own
decision, because the risk will be borne by each person. It's better to focus on our own strategy than to waste time thinking about others.
the rest we can only give advice, which is a decision for each individual. I don't think there's anything wrong with investing only in bitcoin, where the investor just wants to hold it for the long term and doesn't want to make things difficult for themselves. it is different with investing in new altcoins, where we have to monitor, analyze and must be careful with the analysis we have made, and even then sometimes we are still wrong in analyzing it. by investing in bitcoin then we can do other activities in peace

I agree that in the end we all can only give each other advice, because the final decision is in the hands of each of us, so make sure we do some
research and analysis before making a decision. So we can avoid taking wrong decisions, most people who fail to invest in crypto, because they
depend on the opinions of others which are not necessarily accurate. We must be able to do research and analysis by ourselves, so we can know
which coins are potential to buy. So if the results of our analysis are only profitable investments in Bitcoin, there is nothing wrong with going all
in Bitcoin. Because investing in altcoins is more complicated and not as safe as investing in Bitcoin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
Bullethead21

Activity: 717
Merit: 85

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 08:34:01 AM

I dont give any advices but I did the same like you but I started in 2011. I put all my Money in one basket "Bitcoin" and it was no fault ;-)
Bitcoin is for me still good, but I go with the tech instead the secure and I swapped arround 4 weeks ago, all my BTC into Ether.
Ether is for me at the moment a gamechanger... POS is the next big think for me, because with BTC I had the problem, that if I want to take some consum I need to sell my BTC... The BTC holdings dont grew up, counted in BTC, only in USD.

POS will give me yearly actually arround 6%, which is still after paying taxes enough... Thats why I changed full into Ether. If longterm BTC or Ether will make the run its not important for me... I get my POS Reward and can have still fun, without touching my Ether Base holdings.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 10:02:36 AM

you must be a tough guy because it is almost impossible to stay away from altcoins , i have traded at least 100 altcoins some of it was scam some of them went to moon but in the end i believe best strategy is find the strongest project like sol , link , dot , egld and hold it can u imagine what happens if u find the next ethereum at the begginning ?
Yes it is possible. If you're into long-term hodling BTC, most likely you're gonna just root with it and never ever look again into other coins.
You could be trading other coins, but in the long run, it is still gonna be BTC.

Should I also call myself a tough one? Roll Eyes
monig

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 11:07:37 AM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

Your patience for long time is appreciated.You will be already in good profit. But if you diversify some of your funds in top other coins then Return is much more than this.
Risk factor for holding BTC is less than the others.
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 12:59:15 PM

you must be a tough guy because it is almost impossible to stay away from altcoins , i have traded at least 100 altcoins some of it was scam some of them went to moon but in the end i believe best strategy is find the strongest project like sol , link , dot , egld and hold it can u imagine what happens if u find the next ethereum at the begginning ?
The main reason why you are chasing 100 other altcoin is because you think you can invest in the next Bitcoin and earn a fortune and end up loosing money Tongue. It is a problem for many, rather than investing in Bitcoin for the long run and have patience they look for alternatives. I have invested in a few considering how the developers could convince us with their white paper and if you find good projects then even i will not miss them.

Seriously, alt coins are not all that bad and you also don't buy a single stock usually and just sit on the sideline and wait without observing the market for other investment opportunities. Additionally, the space is fun and being part of it also requires a bit of effort and learning from time to time. When you read about an exciting new technology, why not give it a try with a little investment if you can bear it? I agree that Bitcoin is the safest bet for long-term investments, but that doesn't mean you should close your eyes and stop watching the space and also stop investing once and for all when you hold Bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 02:32:33 PM

The main reason why you are chasing 100 other altcoin is because you think you can invest in the next Bitcoin and earn a fortune and end up loosing money Tongue. It is a problem for many, rather than investing in Bitcoin for the long run and have patience they look for alternatives. I have invested in a few considering how the developers could convince us with their white paper and if you find good projects then even i will not miss them.

Seriously, alt coins are not all that bad and you also don't buy a single stock usually and just sit on the sideline and wait without observing the market for other investment opportunities. Additionally, the space is fun and being part of it also requires a bit of effort and learning from time to time. When you read about an exciting new technology, why not give it a try with a little investment if you can bear it? I agree that Bitcoin is the safest bet for long-term investments, but that doesn't mean you should close your eyes and stop watching the space and also stop investing once and for all when you hold Bitcoin.
Agree. Bitcoin sure is great, but nowadays there are quite a lot of altcoins which have a great potential too. I don't say that putting everything in one basket is bad, although it might have a big risk, it'll surely have a big chance of profit in return as well. However, if they can find other profit opportunity in those altcoin, why pass them on? Especially bitcoin sometimes went down as well, so having some profits from altcoin might help. But well, if they just want to put all in bitcoin and plan it for long term without needing some short term profits then i guess it's ideal enough.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 02:38:08 PM

Whatever you invest in...just remember in order for your 1k to double if you choose BTC, it would also need to double. I say use the money to invest in ALT coins.
ETH would double and triple if not more while BTC wouldn’t even double from here. Maybe it goes back up to 60K

Investing in a single cryptocurrency is an extremely risky move. You're better off diversifying your investment into different coins to minimize risks as much as possible. It's no secret that Bitcoin is an extremely-volatile crypto asset. Prices go up and down constantly, making you either poor or rich in an instant. I've seen times where Bitcoin goes down, while some altcoins go up. Ethereum is a good example of an altcoin that goes up when Bitcoin goes down. You'd earn a lot more money by holding multiple cryptocurrencies and selling them at the right time. Combine your traditional crypto investments with stablecoins and you'll be on a road towards non-stop success.

Ultimately, the decision of buying or selling a coin lies in yourself. As long as you play your cards right, you'll have nothing to worry about. Bitcoin is set towards becoming extremely valuable in the future, so what better way to multiply your money by investing in it now? The future is all about crypto/Blockchain tech, so investing into any prominent crypto asset is a smart move that will make you financially stable for years on end. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 02:42:22 PM

I'm now all in BTC and haven't sold a bit since 2013. I have a few Litecoins left somewhere but too few to mention.

I know putting all eggs in one basket is not very wise but I don't feel like investing in anything else right now. Is this a risky move? Maybe yes, maybe not.

I plan HODLing more, might sell a small percentage around November when odds say BTC might boost like crazy.

What's your plan?

I think that it will be much more profitable if you diversify and pick up the bag of different currencies. Even if you don’t trust altcoins, you can choose something reliable like Ethereum and BNB. If you are not tolerant to risks, don’t choose new coins or some that are not in top-100 on coinmarketcap. Also you can invest in stable coins and then invest them in defi-projects to get interests from staking.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2021, 03:25:14 PM

I'm now all in BTC and haven't sold a bit since 2013. I have a few Litecoins left somewhere but too few to mention.

I know putting all eggs in one basket is not very wise but I don't feel like investing in anything else right now. Is this a risky move? Maybe yes, maybe not.

I plan HODLing more, might sell a small percentage around November when odds say BTC might boost like crazy.

What's your plan?

I think that it will be much more profitable if you diversify and pick up the bag of different currencies. Even if you don’t trust altcoins, you can choose something reliable like Ethereum and BNB. If you are not tolerant to risks, don’t choose new coins or some that are not in top-100 on coinmarketcap. Also you can invest in stable coins and then invest them in defi-projects to get interests from staking.

Buying only bitcoin is the safest approach but it wont give bigger returns like other altcoins can give. Bitcoin is not 45000$ and when it reaches 90,000$, your investment will be double. However, by investment in smaller altcoins, your investment can easily become 5x-10x range.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Kusman

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 04:39:23 PM

To be honest, I don't think that it is a good choice to put your all eggs in one basket. I think that you should diversify you investments like Bitcoin, Ethereum and BNB for example. Because when you invest into only one cryptocurrency, you wish it to go higher as it's your only choice. But if you invest into some other cryptos also, then you may lose money in one of them but make a good amount of money in the other one(s).

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
Pbacala

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 05:44:23 PM

I just saw the name of the topic, i have no idea what anyone said here but sometimes .... better to be yolo instead of actually doing something or trying to invest some overall money just for some potential benefit with a diversified portofolio.

from time to time is good to try your best only on one idea. nothing more just that, that's like a feeling that we all should have and nothing more..

i hope this doesn't upset any smart ass but i have the right to say to anyone: man if you want to risk, go for it. being safe aint all the time the best option you can have.
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 09:12:51 AM

To be honest, I don't think that it is a good choice to put your all eggs in one basket. I think that you should diversify you investments like Bitcoin, Ethereum and BNB for example. Because when you invest into only one cryptocurrency, you wish it to go higher as it's your only choice. But if you invest into some other cryptos also, then you may lose money in one of them but make a good amount of money in the other one(s).

Well, if you are young enough and you feel ready to bear a big risk, it can pay off to go all in. A lot of people made it that way and became golden, but many many more than those who succeeded probably failed. If you are young there is enough time to recover from a backlash, but I wouldn't act the same way when I had kids or were older (unless I have nothing to lose anyway).

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 10:00:51 AM

Your patience for long time is appreciated.You will be already in good profit. But if you diversify some of your funds in top other coins then Return is much more than this.
Risk factor for holding BTC is less than the others.

He deserves success because of his patience for a long time. holding for a long time is the best strategy, actually I want to hold bitcoin for a long time but because of the temptation to buy new things made me sell bitcoin a while ago, and now I will start to buy and hold for a long time.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 02:15:23 PM

What's your plan?

I agree with you in investing in some Altcoins as well and not that I might not invest all in bitcoin if I wanted to also because I believe that Bitcoin is worth that kind of investment however, I do see Alts like Ethereum, BNB, Cardano and some others are also worth investing in for a long term.
rosebrand

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 07:21:07 PM

The fact there is putting all eggs in one basket is not good, but from the look of things I think your case is different, you invested in bitcoin long time ago and by this time you are already in cool profit, so I think you should take profit and allow the rest to flow, investing only on bitcoin can be good as well because it helps to reduce the risk of loosing, altcoins price movement is determined by bitcoin, If bitcoin is down by 10% some altcoins might already be down by 30%

tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 02:28:21 AM

Agree. Bitcoin sure is great, but nowadays there are quite a lot of altcoins which have a great potential too. I don't say that putting everything in one basket is bad, although it might have a big risk, it'll surely have a big chance of profit in return as well. However, if they can find other profit opportunity in those altcoin, why pass them on? Especially bitcoin sometimes went down as well, so having some profits from altcoin might help. But well, if they just want to put all in bitcoin and plan it for long term without needing some short term profits then i guess it's ideal enough.

It also doesn't work that way for most of us to be honest. We are in this space because we are passionate about it, we want to keep track of innovations and we want to be part of what's happening. When you are a pension fund manager or so, you are probably not going to put money into alt coins of all different sorts, but as someone who is putting a lot of time and effort into the space also for enjoyment, it is almost impossible you aren't going to tap your toe into the waters and try some of the other cryptocurrencies. That keeps you involved, that is what drives you to read the newest articles and much more.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 05:58:20 AM

It's okay, the market is always moving around Bitcoin. Crypto trends will end soon and capitalization will continue to flow to Bitcoin.  That's how the market has worked for years. Holding Bitcoins and doing something else is a great thing. Until you really need money to sell your Bitcoins, Bitcoin will always be the best all-in investment. It's hard to believe you've been holding your Bitcoins since 2013. Really admire your perseverance.

Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 06:10:52 AM

To me, this seems like nonsense because investing all your assets in Bitcoin is nothing but nonsense. I have divided my cryptocurrency into several parts and invested the largest part bitcoin, The rest of the other parts of the market have invested on various coins.

I don't think it's nonsense because many people are too fanatical about just 1 or 2 coins, especially bitcoin which has the biggest marketcap and is certainly the safest crypto for long term compared to others crypto (altcoins).

Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:49:44 AM

The right decision certainly hold bitcoin in the long term, even that can be said to be a very long way. We here know that bitcoin has an increasing popularity in the investment things, even more people are now more familiar with Bitcoin. For me personally, I set aside for the long term and some in the short term, I use the short term for if there is a need in my life that cannot be denied.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: