Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If we have crypto Why people still buy stocks?  (Read 1386 times)
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 01:03:33 AM

Because stocks are still profitable, absurd for some as it may seem. Stock is also much secure when it comes to hacking and funds loss compared to crypto investment where it's you're on your own most of the times. Plus a lot of boomers are still not bought with bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment's profitability and sees it as a bubble ready to blow up any time, so for them the safest way to invest is still in the stock market.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 01:15:28 AM

Why people still buy stocks?
If with crypto much bigger profits *
3% daily gain is nothing If you can get 100% profit with Good coins pump.
How the Hell people Even get rich with stocks with so small profits? 
1. Lack of knowledge to crypto - for us who are in this forum, we might say that at least we know the basics of cryptocurrency already but for some investors its either they really don't know crypto or they just don't want to touch it because they are afraid to do it because they are lacking some knowledge about it.

2. Risk - We know the risk of crypto and compare to the risk in stocks, its far far riskier in crypto. There are some investors out there who prefer low risk low reward strategy rather than going high risk high reward.

3. Diversification - As investors, diversification is very important and as for me I already allotted some money in stocks just to diversify my portfolio. We know that markets are moving in cycles that is why I took out some money and invested it into other investments.

Overall, it will depend on the investor into which asset they want to buy. Whether it will be a stock or a crypto as long as they are gaining some profits into it then well and good.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 03:01:41 AM

1. Lack of knowledge to crypto - for us who are in this forum, we might say that at least we know the basics of cryptocurrency already but for some investors its either they really don't know crypto or they just don't want to touch it because they are afraid to do it because they are lacking some knowledge about it.

2. Risk - We know the risk of crypto and compare to the risk in stocks, its far far riskier in crypto. There are some investors out there who prefer low risk low reward strategy rather than going high risk high reward.

3. Diversification - As investors, diversification is very important and as for me I already allotted some money in stocks just to diversify my portfolio. We know that markets are moving in cycles that is why I took out some money and invested it into other investments.

Overall, it will depend on the investor into which asset they want to buy. Whether it will be a stock or a crypto as long as they are gaining some profits into it then well and good.
I really appreciate the third point, where diversification is needed to secure the assets that we have achieved. crypto market does not continue to rise like this, so by diverting some assets to other fields, we will still stand without financial hardship

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 10:16:30 AM

Crypto is very volatile so there are still some people that prefer buying stocks. We experienced an 80% correction way back in 2018 and we just recovered last year. And I'm sure we are speculating if that would happen again. If I have plenty of money I would not just put it on crypto. Stocks have less gain but it won't matter if you have huge capital in them plus they are backed up by big companies. In crypto, they are just speculation. You invest in that particular coin because you put your trust in them and believe that it has the potential to increase massively in the future.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 11:15:48 AM

Crypto is very volatile so there are still some people that prefer buying stocks. We experienced an 80% correction way back in 2018 and we just recovered last year. And I'm sure we are speculating if that would happen again.
I agree people who hate volatility as a big problem will go for investing with stocks even they are already aware of cryptocurrencies and its high profitability. In my opinion at the same time, those people are missing out life changing opportunity of what cryptocurrencies are providing through high volatility.

If I have plenty of money I would not just put it on crypto. Stocks have less gain but it won't matter if you have huge capital in them plus they are backed up by big companies.
But I will not. Stocks are known for slow progress with less volatility. I prefer good returns even with high volatility. ROI of bitcoin is still unbeatable by any of stocks world wide.

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 11:21:39 AM

I think the reason is that not everyone knows about bitcoin compared to stocks which is still more popular especially for older people. Another reason I can think of is that stocks are less volatile compared cryptocurrency which is understandable, some people will have a hard processing the fact that their investment goes down at really sharp curves when investing in crypto. Also, most financial advisor probably recommends stocks instead of cryptocurrency as an investment to their client.
blckhawk

Activity: 1512
Merit: 332

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 11:28:33 AM

Apparently, because it is way less risky than crypto. We all know how unstable or volatile the crypto market is and perhaps they can't handle that amount of risk that is why they still choose stocks over crypto. One more thing I can think of is that they have no idea about it or they prefer stock because they are much used to it like if they transfer on crypto it would be a bloodbath on their portfolio or something. I think we all have our own preferences so let's just respect each other if you like crypto then go for it and if you like stock then go use it, it all can be profitable anyway depending on how we will handle our trades.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:07:18 PM

It is called "diversifying investments".
 Others wanted to have different kind of investments, so its not surprising if a particular investor will put his money in cryptocurrency, stocks, real estate or gold at the same time. As long as he/she knows the risks of investing those and as long as they are willing to take all the possible consequences then probably not a problem.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:44:09 PM

I have a small portfolio of stocks plus a few good ETFs. I'm heavily invested in BTC and that doesn't mean I can't diversify my earnings in other products. 90% of my wealth is in bitcoin anyway and I'm fine with it.
Still, I believe I can make good use of old world financial instruments and investments.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:35:58 PM

Some people find it difficult to adapt to change, those who invest on stock are familiar with it, not ready to take risk because unlike crypto stocks are more conservative in nature, crypto is not, high risk and high reward explains the nature of crypto more,
although there is nothing wrong with diversification, since stock is not as risky as crypto investment perhaps is the reason why some people still prefer to invest there.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 03:25:50 PM

The answer on your question is very simple. People buy stocks and cryptocurrency because the more investment you have, the more profit you'll get in the long run. Also, not every people who buys cryptocurrency means that he's gonna forget stocks instantly, no, it doesn't work that way. It's either he'll figure out what he really likes or he likes to have both, cause why not.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 03:39:05 PM

There are still lots of people who don't know what cryptocurrency is or even clueless about how it works. It's some people's personal choice to buy stocks because they find it less risky than investing in cryptocurrency which is known to be volatile. Some people invest in what they used to be and in their comfortability. Those who buy stocks are maybe doing it for a long time and they already know how it would work for them.
SaiyanSS3

Activity: 170
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:19:24 PM

People tell me stock is not a scam and all bs. They know nothing about stock, every stock is a product of scam, don’t trust those stock salesman, they need idiot like you to buy their stock.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 04:32:50 PM

People tell me stock is not a scam and all bs. They know nothing about stock, every stock is a product of scam, don’t trust those stock salesman, they need idiot like you to buy their stock.
Why you think stocks are scam? Which part of it you consider as a scam?

Anyway, if you buy enough stock, you will own the company (majority shareholder). In crypto, if you buy enough crypto you won't own the brand/ticker, you will only become a whale. Can't do anything with your bag except hold it and wait for someone else to buy it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:44:09 PM

I think the reason is that not everyone knows about bitcoin compared to stocks which is still more popular especially for older people. Another reason I can think of is that stocks are less volatile compared cryptocurrency which is understandable, some people will have a hard processing the fact that their investment goes down at really sharp curves when investing in crypto. Also, most financial advisor probably recommends stocks instead of cryptocurrency as an investment to their client.
Well, the financial advisors always recommend areas where they are knowledgeable and calculate the safety of their clients, and most financial professionals will choose the stock market as a stable way to enhance client assets, where the latest economic knowledge and updates are required and this is their specialty. Crypto is a world too short of experts, the savvy of the financiers still cannot succeed here due to the irregularities in this market, knowing about the stock market first will be very difficult to match with the crypto market and vice versa, the two markets do not have many similarities to link knowledge.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:44:16 PM

1. Because the stock investment was their expertise.

2. They don't like the volatile market in crypto.

3. Simply, they just don't want crypto.

4. Why do you think in the first place that profits here are small when you are seeing others being successful and becoming rich in stock trading?
SaiyanSS3

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:52:49 PM

Anyway, if you buy enough stock, you will own the company (majority shareholder). In crypto, if you buy enough crypto you won't own the brand/ticker, you will only become a whale. Can't do anything with your bag except hold it and wait for someone else to buy it.

It’s so biased for you to call stock not a scam while calling crypto is one of them.
Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control, there won’t be crypto if not for the stock market.

You tell me stock market is not scam but crypto is a scam? I don’t even think you know what you’re talking about.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 05:37:47 PM

I agree,  stock investment is totally different from crypto, I will call it a standard way of investment because like it or not stock looks more certain than crypto investment,
Yes if you have enough shares in a company you become owner of majority part of the company whereas in crypto it is not like that, plus you are dividends from your shares, am sure those who still prefer to invest in stocks more than crypto consider this things and other benefits as well.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
SaiyanSS3

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 06:02:43 PM

^^see this is the type of people, they can just lie it on your face, stock market stable, stock market make new high economy is booming, many people make money in stock market, company are doing good, job is coming back, none of them are even stand true, they get paid for sprouting lies all over the place, it’s better to listen to those political channel on the live stream site.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 06:35:37 PM

It’s so biased for you to call stock not a scam while calling crypto is one of them.
Wait wut? I called nothing... I simply asked why you think stock market is a scam.
I don't even think you understand my question.

So I ask you one more time, why you think stock market is a scam?

Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control, there won’t be crypto if not for the stock market.
I hit CTRL+F on the Bitcoin whitepaper, and only find "stock" in this paragraph:
This is similar to the level of information released by stock exchanges, where the time and size of individual trades, the "tape", is made public, but without telling who the parties were.

Tell me your story about this "Crypto is created as the result of stock market scam going full out of control." It should be interesting Smiley

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████