Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I swap my BTC to altcoins and hold for better benefits?  (Read 679 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:54:10 PM

I suggest you increase the amount of bitcoin you have as much as possible and hold it. Isn't that the main goal of many people here anyway? to have as many bitcoins as possible. Of course, while doing this, it is necessary not to miss the opportunities in altcoins. It is necessary to be able to follow bitcoin and altcoins at the same time. It is necessary to be aware of the opportunities. but replacing bitcoin with altcoins is not a logical idea to me.

that's just a strategy, if you look at the condition of bitcoin for 2 months, of course you will switch to altcoin if you are an experienced market observer because the benefits that are given to altcoins are more than btc currently only doing sideways, and when btc has started show will go up then you move back to btc.

You have to make sure that you fully understand what you are doing, it's also too risky switching from alts to BTC,
there are many cases that you'll be trapped along the way with your chosen diversions.

It's a requirements or it's a must to deeply analyze the situations and make sure to take advantage of any given opportunities
working between Bitcoin and alts market.

Money is very important better to work on it and keep enhancing your chances.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:59:57 PM

Nothing prevents you from keeping half of your assets in BTC, and investing half in altcoins and ethereum. This way, to some extent, the safety of funds can be guaranteed in case of unfavorable movements in the market.
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 07:12:22 PM

Selling off your Bitcoin know is not a good idea.
Depends on the purpose! If the purpose to diversify our crypto assets, it is okay. Moreover, it is altcoin season, it is a good idea to swap Bitcoin to potential altcoins. But of course don't sell all our Bitcoin, just sell a few of our Bitcoin.

In the next couple of years, we would all looking back and the price of bitcoin is cheap now.
However, in the future, there will be a bearish season after the current bullish season. The price of Bitcoin should be decreasing much in the bearish season. At that time, it is the best time to buy Bitcoin for the next bullish season. So, it is no problem if you have a plan to sell your Bitcoin in this bullish season. Jusy buy again in the next  bearish season.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 09:01:22 PM

I am surprised you only invest in a single coin. Most people invest in some crypto coins because it can optimize the chance to earn bigger profits. Bitcoin is good for investment, but trying to get more profits from altcoins deserves to try, buddy! Also, it is an altcoin season, why don't join it. Wink

It got some reasons, many were doing that but we are already in the peak season and I feel worried if the market will dump and altcoins will fall badly. Maybe if this has been made earlier before it reaches the peak price, I believe that was more profiting but for now, it is a big risk to be taken. That seems to be a suicidal action to be made.
I hope people doing this will even succeed but I don't suggest selling all of our Bitcoin, it seems to be safe if you just save half of it while the others are for altcoins.

wrong decision if we are able to sell all the Btc that we have so that it can be converted into Altcoins, Altcoin season has indeed arrived this year, but if we decide to take this action then regret will surely await us in the future. it would be much better to take advantage of this precious moment by applying both of them without wasting all the Btc we have

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2021, 09:44:26 PM

---

If you go back and if you check more places I am sure you can find coins that lost 80%+ and coins that earned 1000%+ as well. So, that means some are better than bitcoin and some are worse than bitcoin. Obviously in the long term I would pick bitcoin but in short term there are definitely better ones for profiting.
That is why I prefer coins and tokens with a strong position in CMC, avoiding movements outside predictions that are sometimes irrational. yes, the pump and dump scenario. on the other hand it looks very profitable, but the risk is high. if you are lucky you can gain a lot, if not then be prepared to lose a lot.

if not ready to face the risk, better just hold btc for the long term. but if you want to take advantage of altcoins, you should study the project carefully. make sure the timing is right, as most new tokens or coins are not suitable for the long term.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 03:08:33 AM

They say that each has its own season whether it is Alcoin or Bitcoin depending on the movement  of the market, I think it would be wise to remained in your bitcoin for quite a months or year and see if there will be changes going on coz I knew there will be, if not then take the risk and try to sell some of your BTC or sawp it to Alcoin to suffice your curiosity and question and if it works then well and good if not. wait again.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2021, 03:51:42 AM

the altcoins are already reaching their heights, you might think twice at this moment before switching because at any moment BTC could rise quickly and you won't have time to shift again when altcoins you hold have plummeted while the BTC you just left is running up wildly.

this why hodlers should have invested during the bear market when prices are still 0.02USD for ADA and BNB is less than $20. this time you would have to chase every market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 05:08:51 AM

Im starting to feel the same as well.  Look how much btc dominance has went down.  Does anyone here think it will ever get back up to high 60 percent dominance anymore?  Last time I know it did... but this time... i have tough time thinking it can.

Literally all those altcoins are going up and they are going up like double or more easily it seems.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 02:25:04 PM

Hey all,
We all see that the BTC price is sideway from 50k to 58k for few months now and it seem can't break up the 60k barrier.  My portfolio is about 90% in BTC and I feel very depressed to see other altcoins prices are increasing very high in the last few months while the BTC price is stuck at the 5xk ranges.  It is said that now most traders and retail investors are only interested in buying/trading altcoins, especially meme, animal coins because they can make much more profits comparing to buying BTC. Some of my friends have x10, x20 their portfolio just 3 months after entered the crypto market. I joined the crypto market since 2016 but can't make as much money as they do for just few months.
They tell me to swap my BTC to other altcoins and hold them for much better profits. I'm still struggling to make my decision to sell my BTC for altcoins (I prefer ETH, ADA, SOL, ETC).
Do you think I should do that?
Thanks.
Me personally, I invested in BTC and altcoins at the same time. Well BTC was my long term investment as well as ETH. For you, I think you should set your goal first to be able to determine which coin is the best for you. Maybe you just want to trade rather than to invest for a long time. Or maybe you want to be like me who have invested to BTC and alts at the same time to be able to determine which is more profitable.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 03:12:45 PM

Everyone decides by himself where and when to invest, and in general, already some time bitcoin cannot return to the price of 60k$ and it is unclear whether bitcoin will be able to return to 60k$ in the near future, and in general, the growth of cryptocurrencies has been going on for a long time, so it will be difficult to say if the market will continue to grow or will begin to fall, and in general, of course, the price of bitcoin in the future will grow to new heights, but when it will be unknown, so only you must decide what to do with your investments.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 03:19:40 PM

If we are talking about long-term investment and gives you the highest benefits, just keep your Bitcoin, not altcoins unless if you are investing ETH and BNB. Other than these coins or among the top 10 coins in the market, you can never expect positive results from your investment. If you have money left, may you have to use that, but not you have to covert BTC for altcoins.

Well, it's up to you if you listen to us or not. We are not taking responsibility for this but we already give you some insights for possible results.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 04:31:40 PM

If we are talking about long-term investment and gives you the highest benefits, just keep your Bitcoin, not altcoins unless if you are investing ETH and BNB. Other than these coins or among the top 10 coins in the market, you can never expect positive results from your investment. If you have money left, may you have to use that, but not you have to covert BTC for altcoins.

Well, it's up to you if you listen to us or not. We are not taking responsibility for this but we already give you some insights for possible results.

You can of course expect positive results from other coins as well. It doesn't mean they will occur but that is the same for Bitcoin. There are two sides to the coin for any investment on this planet. If you want to play it relatively safe Bitcoin is the best option. It is up to you to how much risk you want to expose yourself.
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 04:59:53 PM

I for one once the alt I am holding giving the ROI that I have focused on I going to change over it back to BTC to build my btc holding. That is the reason it is smarter to keep the supplies of both bitcoin and a few of good altcoins. Since methods of individuals in exchanging action is unique and in spite of the fact that their exchanging ways is same, the outcome still extraordinary one another.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2021, 05:06:53 PM

Its depend which alt coin you choose from my prespective bitcoin still good for daily trading . bitcoin daily change 24h still good enough.  and also seeing other market maybe can triggered you to invest their coin but you have to do your own research before buy it . just do simple research and not just based on percentage only.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 05:12:04 PM

Its your call to make, your portfolio is more focused on Bitcoin but I believe the hype is not over yet there’s a strong possibility that BTC might continue performing well before this year end. A diverse portfolio is also good most specially that altcoins are booming great way to make profit and take Advantage of the hype.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 05:30:42 PM

90% in btc is too much  .
you can convert some of this btc to the altcoin of your choice and put small % to the animal coins . it is tempting because it was their season but many animal coins are now dumping few moments after they get listed .
 animal coins are not for hodling but  btc and some major altcoins  are .
dont feel bad if the price gets stuck but feel bad only if you lose because you are driven by greed after seeing other peoples gain .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: