Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:42:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Listing coin in a big exchange ask for a refundable security deposit?  (Read 240 times)
David.Jack

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 01:39:35 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2021, 01:50:26 PM by David.Jack

Hi

I am not sure if I am dealing with scammers, but I am dealing with a big exchange right now, and they are asking me to deposit cash as a security deposit, that is refundable the next months.

It sounds like a scam to me (are they going to run with this money and never list my coin)?

Is it a current practice?

A better solution, you should deal directly with exchange listing staff who showing proof as legit staff of the exchange company via either email or ID verification. All exchange has difference listing procedures.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2016
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 01:43:35 PM

Hi

I am not sure if I am dealing with scammers, but I am dealing with a big exchange right now, and they are asking me to deposit cash as a security deposit, that is refundable the next months.

It sounds like a scam to me (are they going to run with this money and never list my coin)?

Is it a current practice?

No those are 100% scams. Thing is, they are very persuasive.
Also, if they want to prove their ligitimacy, be sure that YOU send the email, because they spoof legit emails to look like they're the real deal
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2021, 04:45:54 PM

If you have contacted through the official contact (which is on their website) there is no problem if you send money because it is a work contract from both parties
I'm only talking about big exchanges here, personally for small exchanges I still doubt if I have to deposit money first

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

Suke_Teki

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 05:08:24 PM

Never heard of an exchange asking for a refundable security deposit in coin listing but if that's a big exchange like you mentioned, I don't see any problem with that as no way they will put their name on becoming sh*t as it will ruin their reputation.

But anyways, can you disclose in public the name of the exchange? We can get a better response from the community if the name of the exchange will be mentioned. And are you sure you are dealing with their legit representative?

I have actually dumped the people I was talking too, because of suspicion of scam. The exchange was Bithumb.
I also doubt that big exchanges would charge a security deposit of 4 BTC (lot of money) and refund it later. I guess that once you have sent the 4 BTC, you will never heard about these people.

I do not have 4 BTC anyway, so the discussion was over. But I am still doubtful, I haven't seen articles or reports about these kind of practices, so if it is a sophisticated scam, it is good to report it here and let people know, to avoid some people losing all to these scammers.
You're right for stopping that discussion. If not, then you will lose your money.
To confirm that they are an official team, usually through the contact support on the site and through the Exchange's official telegram group.
To list tokens on the Exchange does require a fee and the fee is non-refundable. Usually they offer several options such as multiple trading pairs and marketing bids. They generally have a proposal to offer.
Evgenklm

Activity: 896
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 07:13:54 PM

Obviously, the author fell for scammers who were well camouflaged, if I wanted to list my token for 4btc, I would not spare money and flew by plane to the exchange's office and signed a listing agreement on paper, if the exchange has such an opportunity.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: