Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery Mining  (Read 1501 times)
Serion (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 05:09:11 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Is it even possible to lotto mine BTC on something like a newpac USB miner?  Just doing some rough math, it looks like it's more likely the Sun will explode before it finds a block.  So if not BTC, what other SHA-256 (that the newpac would be able to mine) would be worth lotto mining?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeyzeus

Activity: 69
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 11:12:44 PM

its definitely possible, just not probable. i think it's dope, but just like buying a lotto ticket, don't expect to win unless you've stacked the odds in your favor.

that said, if you never "buy a ticket" then you can't win. I've been into BTC for a while and finally gonna build a lotto rig. hoping to run it for the rest of my life and wake up one day with whatever the block reward is haha.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2021, 08:35:24 AM

I'm lotto mining at solo.ckpool with AvalonMiner 841 ( low power firmware, 8 Th/s hash rate).

It has been warming my summer cottage in the winter time.
So the actual cost for mining has been little less, because I have benefitted from the heat.

Now that it is starting to be summer, I think I will shut it down for summer.

iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 06:42:28 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), ABCbits (1)

Is it even possible to lotto mine BTC on something like a newpac USB miner?  Just doing some rough math, it looks like it's more likely the Sun will explode before it finds a block.  So if not BTC, what other SHA-256 (that the newpac would be able to mine) would be worth lotto mining?

Yes you can with solo.ck.pool !
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 08:46:26 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), paid2 (1)

Is it even possible to lotto mine BTC on something like a newpac USB miner?  Just doing some rough math, it looks like it's more likely the Sun will explode before it finds a block.  So if not BTC, what other SHA-256 (that the newpac would be able to mine) would be worth lotto mining?

Or Kano's solo pool for lower fee of 0.5% if you find a block https://kano.is

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2021, 09:12:25 PM
Merited by NotFuzzyWarm (1)

Is it even possible to lotto mine BTC on something like a newpac USB miner?  Just doing some rough math, it looks like it's more likely the Sun will explode before it finds a block.  So if not BTC, what other SHA-256 (that the newpac would be able to mine) would be worth lotto mining?

I just created a solo account and will point my A841 in KanoPool for the next cold season.

iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc
Copper Member

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 11:46:12 AM

Oh thank you mate, I've just discovered Kano now and looks quite nice
exfortuna
Copper Member

Activity: 16
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 12:37:24 AM

I also started lotto mining with ckpool recently after resurrecting my old Jalapeño. Next project is getting it and my node running on solar energy.
iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc
Copper Member

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 10:15:59 PM

I will post a photo of my lottery here tomorrow

lowbander801

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 04:41:27 PM

I also started lotto mining with ckpool recently after resurrecting my old Jalapeño. Next project is getting it and my node running on solar energy.

Jalapeno my first miner...
i am also running a t10 antminer solo
Node1

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:24:50 PM

Hello guys! First of all i’m new here just reading some of your interesting discussions and trying to learn a bit more about bitcoin mining…

So i’m asking, even if it may be possible to theoretically solve a block with some small miner like a newpac usb, is small gear like that capable of solving a block in technical terms? As far as i understand you need to get an accepted share having a difficulty higher than the network difficulty to succsesfully solve a block. Is small gear like a newpac with approximately 100 gh/s capable of getting a valid share with that kind of difficulty? Does it have enough „power“ even it is very very unlikely?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:34:54 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), ABCbits (1)

Power has nothing to do with it.

Is it possible to roll a 6 on the first roll of a dice?
Yes 1 in 6 chance.

Is it possible for any miner to find a block with just one hash?
Yes, currently 1 in 19,932,791,027,262.7 times 2^32

Is it possible for a 90TH miner to find a block in one day?
Yes, currently 1 in 11010 chance.

Is it possible for a 90GH miner to find a block in one day?
Yes, currently 1 in 11010000 chance.

(as long as the mining software can handle the large numbers involved ...)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Node1

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:53:26 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2021, 02:29:27 PM by Node1

Thanks for the quick reply. Much respect for your content by the way. Just scratching the surface…

… the large numbers in terms of what? Mini-miners/-worker pointed to the pool? Submitted „mini-shares“? Or the total network difficulty itself?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 02:31:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Much respect for your content buy the way. Just scratching the surface…

… the large numbers in terms of what? Mini-miners/-worker pointed to the pool? Submitted „mini-shares“? Or the total network difficulty itself?
Mining software - that runs the miner - must be coded to support the large numbers involved testing miner results when finding blocks.
There are various cases in the past where people have not done this or not tested this correctly and thus not found any blocks
(i.e. thrown away blocks without even knowing)
The pools of course also, but in most cases it's obvious if the pool works, unless they're some new pool that's never found a block, or some programmer on a working pool, broke the code and didn't test it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc
Copper Member

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 02:52:22 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Much respect for your content by the way. Just scratching the surface…

Hey

You can have a look on one of my lottery here :https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5340726.msg57125892#msg57125892

This post will be interesting for you I think : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5342729.msg57281060#msg57281060

I wish to everyone a nice day
Node1

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 03:11:32 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2021, 03:26:23 PM by Node1

Thanks for the links. The interesting part continues with „testing the miner results when finding blocks“. Will look up more about that before asking around.

@kano: thanks for clarify. Im not a programmer but the direction is clear Smiley
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 14, 2022, 07:48:07 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2022, 10:56:02 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Folks, do NOT post the obvious like Zoe and Roger just did. You risk the posts being deleted by moderators as being (very) low quality because you are only restating what is or damn well should be well known facts.

edit: @Hagss, Looks like the Mods did their thing Tongue as da posts are gone Cheesy

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2022, 10:29:42 PM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

@NotFuzzy
Those two look like account farming or something else sketchy to me...

I reported them to the mods

chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 10:26:29 AM

Yes nothing it’s impossible, anyone can try if can *accidentally mint a block.

Waddle

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 07:18:33 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Hey, here is the thing. Nobody ever said that getting rich is easy. There is no way to get rich without hard work, commitment and sacrifice. Yes, you can do lottery mining but buying bitcoin would be reliable, even though it will take too much time to make the profits you desire.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: