Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: chia coin Asic  (Read 566 times)
wtfonly16 (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 09:36:14 PM

FARMING WAS RELEASED ONLY JUST March 19, 2021 and we are at asic level network hashrate...

We need to start looking at the reality here; Chia coin had a massive premine, giving china plenty of time to hoard on storage drives and design/build 30+ sata port boards for future chia farms.
Chia was supposed to be something anyone can run on their computer but it has gotten to a point where we are already at asic level mining off the gate. No one can get in unless they fork out thousands upon thousands of $$$...

All they have done is enabled mega mining corps to print more money with less electricity lmao.

ye i aint bares
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 10:19:20 AM

Chia isn't the true definitely of green energy mining, the only coin that's worth calling green energy is helium hotspot miners, way much better and energy efficiency than chia coin I've changed my mind on building rigs for chia coin I'm better off with GPU mining
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 03:47:21 PM

Chia isn't the true definitely of green energy mining, the only coin that's worth calling green energy is helium hotspot miners, way much better and energy efficiency than chia coin I've changed my mind on building rigs for chia coin I'm better off with GPU mining

yeah not green energy plotting consume more power  focus on gpu is better

if chia not going well other coin not have good price to make profit
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1771

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 10:55:17 PM

I am really amused at how some of these coins try so hard to compare themselves with Bitcoin and how much faster, better and greener they are than Bitcoin but then a few months later, reality hits in  Grin

The Network isn't even a year old and here we are. Imagine what happens it it get flooded by a half of the transactions on the bitcoin or Ethereum networks?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 13, 2021, 11:28:37 PM

Not susre why all the hate a 14TB HD gernates $900 a month right now.  your not going to be able to gernate lots of income with a small invesment.  My AMD 5950 plots 3-3-4TB a day, that fills a 14TB in a 4 days.  
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 03:08:03 AM

Not susre why all the hate a 14TB HD gernates $900 a month right now.  your not going to be able to gernate lots of income with a small invesment.  My AMD 5950 plots 3-3-4TB a day, that fills a 14TB in a 4 days.  

If i understand it correctly though, its "solo mining" right?  Like you could go a couple of months without finding a block?
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:38:32 AM

Did anybody find a block here ?
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 02:27:08 PM

Yes exactly i have been asking this question 4-5 times allready. No one answered so nobody got reward yet? For me it is total time waste if nobody got reward. more likely it is scam just letting you mining as solo, because they know at this rate no one gonna find any block any time sooner.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 02:37:34 PM

well no but im not the one with 100+Tbs of space
did set up a small farm just to see how this thing works
plotted on hdd, was fun looking on 12% a day
thou had much issues with sync and stuff
then on reddit ppl posting their wallet pics winning chia
and yes better stick with GPUs
or make asics?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 04:28:00 PM

Iv'e been plotting for about a month. Started about a week after launch and currently at 60TB with no XCH farmed, but it's all good. Started slowly at first and ramped it up about two weeks ago with my new Desktop 3960X Threadripper build. I'm already at capacity after scavenging all the unused storage I had and even my NAS. New high capacity HDD are OOS or too expensive, so I'm ready to go and looking forward to pooling which should be released soon.

The fact is Chia has been in development since 2018 and the development team has always been very transparent with the project. If you go on YouTube you will see numerous interviews going back years that were given to various tech outlets discussing the project status. The testnet lasted several months prior to launch and anyone that had been following could participate. It's also true that the mainet launch was announced well in advance, so that anyone that was following the project and wanted to participate could have done so. Many early adopters did and now they have been heavily rewarded for it. Regarding the Chia foundation fund allocation, the fact is development teams to launch a project on the scale of Chia cost money and the foundation is governed by strict rules as to how it is spent, which no different than many other successful projects in the Crypto space.

https://www.coindesk.com/5-takeaways-from-chia-networks-new-white-paper

ZeeeN

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 07:57:55 PM

Iv'e been plotting for about a month. Started about a week after launch and currently at 60TB with no XCH farmed, but it's all good. Started slowly at first and ramped it up about two weeks ago with my new Desktop 3960X Threadripper build. I'm already at capacity after scavenging all the unused storage I had and even my NAS. New high capacity HDD are OOS or too expensive, so I'm ready to go and looking forward to pooling which should be released soon.

The fact is Chia has been in development since 2018 and the development team has always been very transparent with the project. If you go on YouTube you will see numerous interviews going back years that were given to various tech outlets discussing the project status. The testnet lasted several months prior to launch and anyone that had been following could participate. It's also true that the mainet launch was announced well in advance, so that anyone that was following the project and wanted to participate could have done so. Many early adopters did and now they have been heavily rewarded for it. Regarding the Chia foundation fund allocation, the fact is development teams to launch a project on the scale of Chia cost money and the foundation is governed by strict rules as to how it is spent, which no different than many other successful projects in the Crypto space.

aw 60tb with no coin  no hope for me to get coin only have 18tb
DigitalFarns

Activity: 115
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 08:31:46 PM

From what I'm reading, you should be due soon.  I am sure that the "days to win" is not cut in stone, right?  I like the analogy that it's like printing bingo cards.  The more bingo cards you print, the better your odds of winning.  And I'm guessing, that the math probably works out over the long term, so if it says every 15 days you should win, you could hit three blocks back to back on day 45 and that 15 days to win still holds true, does that make sense? 

At 60TB you've got the biggest farm of anybody I've talked to, sure would appreciate your feedback if/when you do win a block.  It would be curious to see how that looks.

Also, again as I understand it, it's not about having the drive space - I think you have to have that much plotting done.  So it's not like saying 60TB of space, we need to say 60TB of "plotted" space.  And from what I've read, it seems some people don't seem to understand that.  But that's my take on it. 

Following this one with great curiosity. 

Mining since 1-19-21 :-)
Vann

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 02:50:38 AM

Yes, the time to win given is an estimate on how often you should win a block based on your percentage of the total plotted network space. Luck is also a factor which is why some people with only a couple TB of plots have managed to win. If you hover over the estimated time it tells you your calculated percentage of the total network plotted space and that it can take 3 to 4 times longer than the estimate given. The problem is the network is growing so fast that unless you are plotting 3-4 TB of new plots a day, you are falling behind the growth rate of the network, so you're estimated time keeps growing. The shortage of hardware also makes it hard to be able to keep up. The network is now at a point where they really need pooling to have more predictable earnings and wider distribution.
ZeeeN

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 02:38:22 PM

From what I'm reading, you should be due soon.  I am sure that the "days to win" is not cut in stone, right?  I like the analogy that it's like printing bingo cards.  The more bingo cards you print, the better your odds of winning.  And I'm guessing, that the math probably works out over the long term, so if it says every 15 days you should win, you could hit three blocks back to back on day 45 and that 15 days to win still holds true, does that make sense? 

At 60TB you've got the biggest farm of anybody I've talked to, sure would appreciate your feedback if/when you do win a block.  It would be curious to see how that looks.

Also, again as I understand it, it's not about having the drive space - I think you have to have that much plotting done.  So it's not like saying 60TB of space, we need to say 60TB of "plotted" space.  And from what I've read, it seems some people don't seem to understand that.  But that's my take on it. 

Following this one with great curiosity. 

time to win is not sure for 15days it calculate on today  network growth 15%(or more) every weeks time to win is higher and higher if you not plotting more.

if i not listen wrong dev say they call who have less 200TB in plot file is small farmer

i think we need pool now for everyone have less than that

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 02:49:54 PM

Buddy, with your luck, you need to mine on the pool. I've seen miners who have fewer plots and got a few CHIA coins.
I do not want to participate in this mining, because the network hash rate is growing by 10% per day and the prices for hard drives have gone up a lot.
I read that this blockchain is very slow, and it is unlikely that decent projects will appear on it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Vann

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 04:25:11 PM

To put this in perspective, with 62TB I currently have 0.0012% of the total network plotted space, which when calculated with how many opportunities there are to win a block in a day works out to an average expected time of 18 days to win a block at the current network state as is shown in the Chia farmer.

Deviations from the average are normal. Just because someone won a block much faster than expected doesn't mean that is an outcome you should expect. In fact the opposite is true, statistically speaking the more people that win faster than average, the less probability that will happen to you. Especially when the network keeps growing at an exponential rate as it currently is. You also hear about the people that were lucky disproportionately from the people that were not as lucky. This video has a good explanation of how probability works in relation to Chia farming and has a spreadsheet you can use to estimate your expected outcomes based for network growth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEBS-q0sK4
DigitalFarns

Activity: 115
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 15, 2021, 11:48:03 PM

one other thing I haven't been able to figure out... do we know what a "block" is?  Is one block equal to one plot?  Or do a series of your plots constitute one block?

I'm imagining that you have 629 blocks, right now doing nothing but sitting there waiting to be picked by the lotto, right?  So you win a block and now one (or more) of your plots are being utilized by the blockchain, is that an accurate understanding?

Mining since 1-19-21 :-)
Sputnik_

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 04:58:42 AM

The ole miners rule of thumb

STAY THE FUCK away from any shitcoin that has a pre mine.

Fucking noobs.

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 07:14:22 AM

A friend got 400 pieces of 4TB HDD and he doesn't even know that one draws 5 watt and that's 2000 watts power for all the HDD alone minus the motherboard and the high end CPU for plotting and also the massive number of RAM sticks on board, honestly I don't see the difference between this and GPU mining

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Vann

View Profile
May 16, 2021, 09:32:34 AM

one other thing I haven't been able to figure out... do we know what a "block" is?  Is one block equal to one plot?  Or do a series of your plots constitute one block?

I'm imagining that you have 629 blocks, right now doing nothing but sitting there waiting to be picked by the lotto, right?  So you win a block and now one (or more) of your plots are being utilized by the blockchain, is that an accurate understanding?
Plots are essentially lottery tickets that are used to validate transactions contained in the blocks. The more lottery tickets you have, the better chance at winning. Every 10 seconds a new challenge is sent out looking for a specific combination contained in the plots. Each plot only has a 1 in 512 chance of passing a filter which is used to minimize the number of disk reads required. If one or more of the plots passed filter it moves on for a chance at generating a proof and winning the block. Other than generating proofs for blocks, plots are not utilized by the network.

https://thechiafarmer.com/2021/04/26/how-chia-farming-works/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: