Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 04:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Colonial Pipeline paid 75 BTC ransomware to DarkSide hackers  (Read 224 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 11:30:46 AM

On an employees perspective they get dozens of emails everyday and with them having deadlines to manage it will be easily overlooked by them especially these types of fake emails designed to look like it was sent by your own company, I have seen one when I am on my work and I was lucky enough to be able to report it. With that being said if the company who has hundreds or thousands of employees receive this kind of emails it will be hard for them to avoid any kind of mistake on opening a phising email or even download a malware. I've seen how the company take action in this where it filters out emails pretty good but its not enough to remove every threat so now they are focusing on educating everyone with cybersecurity.

I work in the insurance industry and even we receive a lot of such phishing emails everyday. But the company made us go through a few training sessions to identify such emails. And also, whenever an email comes from someone outside our company, the mail is flagged. On top of that, Outlook flags most of the emails which are of suspicious origin. But still, I can understand the risk. All it takes is just one employee (out of thousands) to open such an email and click the phishing link.
butcher_spam
Copper Member

Activity: 1026
Merit: 177

[btc]

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 11:59:32 AM

Today, cyber security is one of the most important aspects of any business. and the slightest mistake in this system can lead to the loss of money or the entire business.

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 12:12:34 PM

There are no proof that this was a government sanctioned hack, so I do not know where you are getting your information from? (Source)? As far as government announcements goes, it was a Russian hacking group, but no evidence was given to substantiate those claims. (not that they would actually reveal that information)  Roll Eyes
What i meant in my post wasn't that this was sanctioned by the Russian Government. What i meant is that random hacker groups have the capability to hack and cripple critical American infrastructure. Isn't that something that the supposedly strongest country on earth should be defending against, rather than bending over to?

The whole thing has a "9/11" feel to it, where an event is fabricated to serve another goal... (Conspiracy theory = Create a reason to sabotage Crypto currency and to give an excuse why is should be banned or very heavily regulated)  Roll Eyes
I hope that this is not the case. There is already enough FUD against Bitcoin for a week now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: