Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SeedSwap - The world's first Ethereum based decentralized Social Media  (Read 102 times)
Cosmo_Kramer (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 02:10:53 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2021, 07:32:33 AM by Cosmo_Kramer

SeedSwap is the world’s first Ethereum based decentralized social media platform. It seeks to position itself on the world’s largest and most popular non-BTC blockchain known as Ethereum, and in doing develop a permanence as strong as Ethereum itself. Etching itself onto the blockchain Behemoth, SeedSwap’s goal is to become a central and focal part of the crypto experience and thus become the social media platform of the impending decentralized web.

Part of SeedSwap’s mission to develop itself as the central social media platform in the crypto sphere and decentralized web involves two core components:
1.   Conglomerating all the necessities of the crypto experience into one easy to use platform to attract the existing crypto community;
2.   Making the platform, interface, and crypto experience itself more akin to a regular social media experience to then also integrate the non-crypto community.

SeedSwap seeks to achieve part one by identifying the core necessities of the crypto experience and integrating them seamlessly into the platform. This includes NFTs, Crypto marketplaces, Crypto exchanges, trading, staking, and more. The platform itself is accessed via your chosen and registered cryptocurrency wallet, and thus allows greater future integration of your current crypto portfolio and experience into the platform.
SeedSwap seeks to achieve part two by ensuring all crypto elements of the platform are integrating in a seamless way that mirrors existing social media and marketplace interfaces to allow non-crypto users easier access and understanding to become a part of the crypto experience. On top of this, SeedSwap’s goal is to develop video and educational series that inspire everyday people to become more educated, confident and capable in the field of crypto. This theme and intent forms a backbone at the core of every current and future development integrated into the platform.

The SeedSwap UI is designed to simply and seamlessly integrate the three core elements of a crypto experience: Markets, Social Media, and DeFi.

The token itself, SNFT or the ‘Seed N’ Feed Token’, acts as the native currency. It is designed to be the seed for a more inclusive and decentralized future, as well as feed and develop wealth to its holders. It is deflationary in nature due to the integration of on-platform advertising features for businesses and artists to advertise and market their platform more effectively to the social media’s users. The revenue from the advertising, and on-platform premium purchases automatically feed into the token buyback and burn program. This means the success of the platform directly impacts (and increases) the value of the native currency. To accelerate this deflationary feedback loop, the platform is designed with all the amenities a Decentralized Web social media platform requires so that the influencer, content creator, and commentator base can grow, and both can then feed into larger user bases. The focal point of the platform is to drive value for those who generate revenue streams from the platform, as well as their audiences. This creates another positive feedback loop to drive traffic, content, and revenue.

The team is a largely young, motivated and intelligent team of web developers, coders, mathematicians, business developers, and artists working together to create a unique, but one-size-fits-all definitive crypto platform that can position itself as the crypto and social platform of the future. The token is available via Uniswap and Bilaxy, and has recently passed two audits.

Dron Pelya

Activity: 1302
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 09:01:26 AM

I wanted to visit your website for better familiarization with your project, but I couldn't. It doesn't work. Anyway, I wanted to find unswer for my question: why people should leave already existed social media, and choose yours?
Cosmo_Kramer (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 10:04:04 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2021, 11:03:48 AM by Cosmo_Kramer

I wanted to visit your website for better familiarization with your project, but I couldn't. It doesn't work. Anyway, I wanted to find unswer for my question: why people should leave already existed social media, and choose yours?
Sorry, as we are moving to new servers to take on the large task of hosting a social media platform we are having a lot of downtime. Hopefully it will be back up soon. We are utilizing servers until the platform is fully decentralized which will occur once we have solved some key issues due to moderation, privacy and so on to ensure once it is fully decentralized it can be done so in an effective way.

Regarding your question, a few points:

Decentralization of social media is inevitable. In my opinion, decentralization presents more of an opportunity to advance society beyond simplified decentralized payment systems. Structures of power being decentralized and democratized being another good advantage;

For crypto and blockchain technology to become a mainstay in society, other applications of blockchain may be necessary to advance its place into the collective consciousness of society, for example: decentralized media, decentralized social media, decentralized streaming, decentralized web and search engines, etc;

The crypto community is quite fanatical, due to the nature of its ability to change people's lives financially. Many who are involved now are heavily involved, not half in half out. Many live their lives around the rise or fall of certain coins, and certainly want to incorporate more of it into their life where possible. The key point being whether it is easy or not to do so.

Considering these points I believe there is not only a current demand for a decentralized social media platform, but an inevitable need. You can disagree with me, and I am sure there are many points to the contrary. However, it's not simply an issue of 'should people prefer a decentralized or a centralized platform'.

SeedSwap isn't an issue of centralized vs. decentralized. It is a matter of convenience. SeedSwap incorporates several key elements of the crypto experience such as DeFi, crypto markets, and other to-be-released elements that people in the crypto community not only need but also want and enjoy. The platform itself is designed to be more useful, enjoyable and preferable for them compared with regular social media.

Obviously, there are non-crypto users who may not want to make a change. The SeedSwap team is developing many things, such as videos, and social engineered UI that designs itself in a way so as to be as simple as possible to the regular non-crypto individual should they wish to become more involved in crypto. So, it does not necessarily make itself more appealing to them, however, it IS the ideal platform should they want to learn more and become more involved. It effectively mirrors many other existing markets, platforms, media and so on (among many other initiatives) to make the platform more intuitive and easy for them to adopt.

The final issue is content. No platform no matter how desirable, useful, or integral to a person's day-to-day will command traffic without content, creators, commentators, influencers, communities and so on. There are a number of features designed into the platform (to be released) to heavily incentivize such people to either want to use the platform as another outlet for income generation, or even a more preferable platform altogether. Obviously, I cannot elucidate on what these are at this time. Securing key content creators and commentators, be that as financial partnerships, or through other incentives is also a part of the roadmap. This paragraph and the initiatives in it are a key part of the platform's success, as well as people's desire to use it, and as such are treated as very, very important and will command a key amount of time, resources, attention, and overall strategy to ensure they succeed.

Overall, I believe that decentralized technology is not only an inevitable part of a Type II or beyond civilization, but is essential for the uptake of crypto in general. It further integrates itself into society as a norm in doing so, and normification/normalization of crypto is the biggest barrier to its mainstay. Be it today, tomorrow, or years from now, I believe decentralized social media will be the norm, and first movers will have the advantage of being developed in the crypto culture, community, and technology above and beyond any other platforms that develop later (as opposed to the reverse where newer social media platforms tend to be better as they are more UI based than tech based). Also, facebook et al. will never decentralize.

I'm sure I've rambled, but hopefully I've thoroughly explained why many in the crypto community would gladly want to use such a platform if it were done well as I believe this is. And that, subsequently, as time goes on, it will become more likely for more and more everyday people to move to decentralized social media to help them better understand it and integrate it into their lives.

tl;dr the platform is better for the average crypto person, and will quickly grow to be just as good if not better in terms of content and community, as well as we believe it's inevitable for the average person who wants to get into crypto will want to join as time goes on (because they want to learn about or become more involved with crypto). Also, we see decentralized social media as inevitable, and a large advantage in terms of users and success will go to first movers who position properly as platforms are more tied to tech than culture, whereas it is partially the opposite for regular web platforms.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: