Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:57:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining software for ARRR or ZCASH using AMD GPU RX 560  (Read 73 times)
libertas (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 08:49:30 PM

Hi all!

I'd like to mine some hours per day and I'm thinking of mining ARRR or ZCASH (or possibly Monero) as I'd like to mine privacy oriented alt coins where ASICs power cannot be applied.
My system is a AMD Ryzen 1600AF (6c/12t) with an AMD gpu RX 560.
I'm using Linux and would prefer this system, althouth I could use Windows.

I've looked at lolminer, but doesn't seem to have the possibility to mine ARRR or ZCASH.
I can't compile sgminer.

What can I use to mine?

Maybe I didn't understand correctly, but Luxor pool can change mining to the most profitable coin.
What do you advise me to do in case there's other more profitable choices?
DigitalFox

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 18, 2021, 08:57:30 PM

Equihash algo isn't that good for red cards, as far as I remember. Since you don't really know what's what your best option would be using Nicehash.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 03:24:55 PM

ZCASH has been mined on ASICs for a long time.
For your AMD RX 560 graphics card, try Ethereum Classic, Ravencoin, or Ergo. Provided that the video card has 4 GB of memory.
For CPU, try Monero mining.
Don't expect big profits from your hardware. It will probably be easier for you to use Windows.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 06:41:28 AM

Nvidia GPUs owned Equihash algorithm mate, they are better than AMD cards in this algorithm, my suggestion will be to use the card to mine ETHEREUM and swap your ETHEREUM to any Privacy coin that you want

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:31:41 PM

Nvidia GPUs owned Equihash algorithm mate, they are better than AMD cards in this algorithm, my suggestion will be to use the card to mine ETHEREUM and swap your ETHEREUM to any Privacy coin that you want
It is impossible to mine Ethereum on the RX 560 video card, because this video card has a maximum memory capacity of 4 GB.
I wrote above a list of coins that can be mined on this video card if it has 4 GB of video memory.
If this video card has 2 GB of RAM, then this is very bad.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:45:56 PM

Equihash is owned by asics and not Nvidia GPU´s  Roll Eyes

It is impossible to mine Ethereum on the RX 560 video card, because this video card has a maximum memory capacity of 4 GB.
I wrote above a list of coins that can be mined on this video card if it has 4 GB of video memory.
If this video card has 2 GB of RAM, then this is very bad.

You forgot Verthash, Beam, Haven Protocol in your list.

And Dual mine ERG, VTC, XHV, ETC with ZIL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: