Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risks from large financial institutions entering the crypto market .  (Read 292 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:39:21 PM

I think that we must have learned a lot from what elon must has done to the bitcoin.

Trust me,,, those who would have learned something never got sold into the elon hype and elon fud after that.

Those who got into it, who fomo'd and then sold when he changed his mind? Those people would never learn from this kind of thing and during the next bullrun in a few years, they will fall for it all over again.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:19:30 PM

If large institutions decide to sell off it won't make any big difference because they aren't the only ones adopting crypto, look around you it's a big difference to four year back where people look at you like you are crazy when you mention crypto and BTC, adoption is growing bigger

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 03:56:52 PM

-snip-
I think you're too optimistic about that. Those big players can easily sell $1 million worth of BTC within a minute or so, and I doubt the orderbook can absorb that volume easily. Sure, they can do it OTC, but when they do that, there's no guarantee that insider/the broker itself follows it by selling some of their money, so there's still a huge sell pressure.

Well, hopefully this hate and love relationship between institution and retail investors won't last forever.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 08:13:32 AM

I think you're too optimistic about that. Those big players can easily sell $1 million worth of BTC within a minute or so, and I doubt the orderbook can absorb that volume easily. Sure, they can do it OTC, but when they do that, there's no guarantee that insider/the broker itself follows it by selling some of their money, so there's still a huge sell pressure.

Well, hopefully this hate and love relationship between institution and retail investors won't last forever.
1 million dollars is nothing, that is happens constantly, it happens so much that it happens probably nearly under 5 minutes each day, a million dollars is sold exact 5 minutes, it is incredibly common. You know why? Because we have over 33 billion dollars in volume, I do not know how they calculate it but that is over 1 billion dollars per hour, yes that is right over 1 billion dollars per hour.

You know why whales can't impact the price? Because they do not really have as much influence over the price with just their wallets. But do you know how they can? They can tweet about it and tens of billions of dollars worth of bitcoin all over the world will be sold, that's how. So it is not their wallet or basically their money that can destroy the price, it is their influence that can destroy it, all they have to do is say something bad and they would cause a huge crash.
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 08:26:51 AM

I always expect a financial institution to eventually sell out all their posession but many of them also gonna hold it and maybe doing some sell but gradually however that's not gonna affect the market since they are smart enough to figure out how to retain the profit they get without getting affected by the market depth, unlike elon that keep boasting about tesla dumping, etc .the institutional investor are also gonna be more invested in crypto technology so I doubt they even gonna sell all their posession of crypto, they are coming here not just for flipping money but maybe investing for the technology in long term.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 10:56:25 AM

Depends on what they want to really do with crypto.
I believe the right crypto companies should operate more like Uniswap or as non-custodial services . Holding funds for investors could make price manipulations easy for them. It's better that most/all users are able to easily and safely control their funds and use them within their respective cryptocurrencies economies.
Choose the right project/community to stick to long-term and stick with them. That's how responsible businesses/investors should operate.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 11:29:38 AM

If large institutions decide to sell off it won't make any big difference because they aren't the only ones adopting crypto
I think that you forget about the impact that will be created by the institution when they were liquidating their coins in the market instantly. It can create a very big panic sell to the market and that was giving a very big impact to the crypto market. You must see that how big the impact for crypto market when ELON was creating FUD for bitcoin.
I think that you can remember that easily dude.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 02:29:04 PM

If large institutions decide to sell off it won't make any big difference because they aren't the only ones adopting crypto
I think that you forget about the impact that will be created by the institution when they were liquidating their coins in the market instantly. It can create a very big panic sell to the market and that was giving a very big impact to the crypto market. You must see that how big the impact for crypto market when ELON was creating FUD for bitcoin.
I think that you can remember that easily dude.
continuous sell from big bag holders creates big impacts inside the market.

Institutional investors who loves playing with the emotions of those unaware traders mostly gained a lots of money in the short

time, they are familiar with how to ride with volatile market, those quick dumped creates huge impacts as weak holders

reacts right away.
Ruvi2000sew

Activity: 619
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:46:11 PM

There are steps you may take to reduce your risk, such as reading the news and analyzing trading volume. Manipulation can occur in any type of investment, whether it is cryptocurrency or another. If you are a clever investor, you may be able to avoid a large loss. The dump isn't always like manipulating, but sometimes the bubble has already burst and we're back on a four-year cycle is always like that.

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
Woodie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 874

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 05:59:34 PM

Financial institutions using crypto to give stake holders  their financial position I don't think so!

Big financial institutions are likely to be using crypto as another investment from many other invests.
+Financial institutions are likely to use crypto in the art of accounting like Tesla did with BTC. Crypto will become a tool to manipulate financial reporting metrics rather than an investment;
Cooking numbers you mean...not as easy as it sounds, and btc was another investment that was taken by Tesla and not that the company went all crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2021, 06:07:12 AM

Cooking numbers you mean...not as easy as it sounds, and btc was another investment that was taken by Tesla and not that the company went all crypto.
A company will have to show annual profit and loss, so whether a company invests or not they will bear consequences.

Dont consider this as a bad sign though. It shows that bigger companies interested in crypto and this might be a point for the policy makers to bring in crypto to the general public in countries where it is still a grey area.

People tend to over think the bad effect so much that they fear growth. Think about the time when gold was the biggest thing one could buy in terms of price. Did financial institutions not buy it? Heck yes they did and a lot of them did. These are future investments and they do it for their profits and growth. It drives the price of the asset and allows the early retail investors to make money too. Hence I consider these events as opportunities and not risks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 06:19:42 AM

Perhaps you will be surprised by the title of this topic, as we have always assumed that the participation of large institutions in the crypto market will have positive effects because:
+ Crypto is advertised and became popular with the community;
+ Value of crypto accepted;
+ The increase in buying pressure causes token prices to be pushed up.

However, everything is not just pink. I realize that besides such advantages, the participation of financial institutions creates a number of risks as follows:
+Financial institutions are likely to use crypto in the art of accounting like Tesla did with BTC. Crypto will become a tool to manipulate financial reporting metrics rather than an investment;
+Financial institutions have bought a lot of crypto and they will sell a lot of crypto: this happens when financial institutions want to take profits or offset losses. This sell-off will create a huge drop as ICO projects sold out huge amounts of BTC & ETH in 2018 after successful funding. Financial institutions are not the place to burn tokens ^^

What do you think about this? Will the participation of financial institutions have a positive or negative impact on the crypto market in long term?

The risks of investment funds getting involved are clear. The things you mentioned above happen in crypto and happen in stocks and other markets.
The benefit that I see with financial institutions coming to crypto is legal recognition and market capitalization expansion.
Investment funds will make the cryptocurrency market grow faster and more professionally.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 06:22:23 AM

What do you think about this? Will the participation of financial institutions have a positive or negative impact on the crypto market in long term?
Perhaps, they know already what will happen to them when the market will fall and they are willing to take the risk. On our side, of course, it has a positive impact in a way that it helps to maintain the huge demand and market volume. The adoption of these financial institutions encourages other companies to do as well. We're not seeing what would really happen in the future but most likely, it was not the worse thing I saw, I'm thinking about more market adoption than of today.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 683

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
June 13, 2021, 08:47:19 PM

The aim of every individuals in crypto be it trading or investing is to make profit likewise the financial institutions that are entering the Crypto market. Everyone needs to buckle their shoes in other to make something tangible from the market, not just making blind assumption about the entire market.

The financial institutions involvement in crypto market is going to make it more volatile cause there will be high volume of buying and selling which will increase the pace of the market movement. Although there might be frequent manipulation but since everyone understands the risks that are involved in it, precautionary measure should be taken when investing or trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2021, 05:07:56 AM

I see it's not a risk for the crypto market. the more institutions that are interested in crypto the faster mass adoption will take place. this will make the world pay more attention to crypto. this is like the case of tesla and elon musk some time ago, he said that at that time he was holding btc and receiving electric car payments with bitcoin. This made big news and made the market in pumps. although in the end he was also the one who made the market crash because of his statements about crypto mining and electricity usage issues. but one thing we must pay attention to, with the presence of institutional investors, the market will develop faster.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2021, 07:01:05 AM

We're not seeing what would really happen in the future but most likely, it was not the worse thing I saw, I'm thinking about more market adoption than of today.
We should stop thinking too much about what will happen in future about this. Reason being that we humans tend to go for negative outcomes more than positive outcomes while in reality both can happen but mostly it is a positive outcome. So instead of worrying over whether some big institution will bring about the full control over crypto and make every crypto holder a pauper, lets keep it on the bright side.

We increasing pressure on governments to start allowing crypto a legal tenders, there will be a paradigm shift in the upcoming years about the sentiment about crypto. I am expecting a boom to happen in this sector in the next decade. That means more money for older adopters and therefore one should theoretically keep stockpiling more bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x