Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakery That Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple Raises Record-Breaking Donat  (Read 1687 times)
KriszDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:07:57 AM

yeah, well, given the choice of following my beliefs and giving to Caesar.... Caesar can kiss my ass and I'll gladly go to jail for the pleasure if it.

If that 'little bakery' was owned by muslims, the ACLU would have defended them to the death.

Yet I haven't seen a single lawsuit against a Muslim Baker. For folks who carp about equal rights, Christians are the only ones they sue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4&feature=youtu.be
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KriszDev (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:09:56 AM

Well, someone's brain is pretty limited. No, one can be a Christian and still not be a bigot, and the vast majority of Christians are not bigots. But you SHOULD be upset that bigots are using Christianity as their excuse, and tarnishing the faith in the process. Christ taught the very opposite of what these "Christians" are doing.

Romans 1:26-28 - 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:13:28 AM

Romans 1:26-28 - 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Ah, the words of the enlightened Paul. Perhaps unlike you, I don't let Paul's opinions override current knowledge. But I just LOVE how bigots cherry-pick the bible. Let's ignore Leviticus, we don't do things that way anymore. Except for THIS verse and THAT verse, which we deem is the very Word Of God. YMMV, of course.

Christians are so funny. They do not question their emotional reactions, they search for bible verses they can interpret as ratifying those emotions. And they can always do this no matter what emotional reactions they have. There is ALWAYS scripture that can be found to support anything. Amusing to watch groups of Christians banging one another over the head with their bibles, claiming that their interpretation is obviously correct, and the other interpretation is obsolete/a misunderstanding/no longer holy or whatever.
krenare

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:14:40 AM

Good luck with that. (Save your money, though).

Religious belief is not an excuse for breaking the law.

The SCOTUS has ruled on this in the past, it probably won't do so again.

Render unto Caesar.

Just hand over your Jewish friends to the authorities. It's the law.
rodzimajid

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:17:09 AM

I can only hope Aaron and Melissa Klein file suit against the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries for violating their 1st Amendment and Civil Rights under the Civil Rights Act.
Religion and religious practice is a protected class by not only the First Amendment to the Constitution as an right but also Codified in the Civil Rights Act. The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries trampled those rights with their decision and should be made to pay for their religious discrimination. I would welcome this one heading for the SCOUTS and would be willing to donate as much as I can to get it there.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
ended

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:19:47 AM

Deuteronomy 13:6-10

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

So far as I know the Kleins aren't calling for the death of those with other religious views.
Where did you get the idea they were?
rodzimajid

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:33:37 AM

I know the Kleins aren't calling for the death of those with other religious views.

Jeez, I hope not. This isn't the Islamic State. Just because the Bible calls for people to do something doesn't mean U.S. law will allow it.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:47:21 PM

I love how progressives label people bigots for following their religion... It shows how limited their brains are.

They used to label moral as bigotry as that's something what doesn't fit into their agenda. They are trying to replace it with ethics, what is a social consensus, therefore more easy to re-shape on demand, then moral what is based on beliefs, rules and tradition (basically a collection of time tested "best practices").
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 04:46:46 PM

I love how progressives label people bigots for following their religion... It shows how limited their brains are.

They used to label moral as bigotry as that's something what doesn't fit into their agenda. They are trying to replace it with ethics, what is a social consensus, therefore more easy to re-shape on demand, then moral what is based on beliefs, rules and tradition (basically a collection of time tested "best practices").

Refusing to participate in something you find objectionable to your religion is not automatically bigotry. These bakers (and others) were clearly carefully selected and targeted for this. There is a difference between refusing to violate your religious rights in order to earn income and persecution of individuals because they are homosexual. I feel the United States has made great leaps accommodating the homosexual constituency of the US, and in most of the country one can be freely and openly homosexual with hardly any note from others.

Homosexual people have a right to live their lives as they wish, undisturbed, they do not however have the right to force others to agree with their choices. In my opinion the "gay lobby" is now currently engaged in a campaign to try to force everyone to share their world view, not just allow them to live in peace like everyone else has a right to. This is not about equality any more, it is about supremacy. This is a direct attack on the religious beliefs of this baker. You do not take the rights of one person to give rights to another, that is not justice. If these people worked in a hospital, or even a restaurant, I might agree they should be punished, but it is a FUCKING CAKE, I am sure the emotional scars of having to drive down the street to another baker for an event months in the future will last a life time. This is certainly a good enough reason to bankrupt that entire family right? What a heinous unforgivable crime!
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 06:04:08 PM

yeah, well, given the choice of following my beliefs and giving to Caesar.... Caesar can kiss my ass and I'll gladly go to jail for the pleasure if it.

If that 'little bakery' was owned by muslims, the ACLU would have defended them to the death.

Yet I haven't seen a single lawsuit against a Muslim Baker. For folks who carp about equal rights, Christians are the only ones they sue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4&feature=youtu.be

Something about there being a separation between church and State but not there being one between Mosque and State.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2022, 06:21:02 PM

Go figure.

Americans and their Bronze Age myths!!!

Idiocracy 2.0

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 07:27:36 PM

Such a disappointment this was bumped for an advertisement.

Anyway -- if someone refused to bake a cake for anyone, the next logical step is to file suit and pay a hefty price for lawyers....oppose to, you know, going down the street to another bakery. Sexual orientation and gender identity are protected classes now according to Bostock v. Clayton County, so the lesbians can rest easy knowing they get to eat their cake.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/17-1618_hfci.pdf

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 03:24:53 PM

Such a disappointment this was bumped for an advertisement.

Yeah.

the next logical step is to file suit and pay a hefty price for lawyers...

My next logical step towards giving the story a happy ending was to tweak the thread title. Much cheaper than calling in the lawyers.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: