Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:33:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help me try to find old wallets  (Read 101 times)
foxten (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 10:00:46 PM

Here's the story. I was mining bitcoin in late 2013. Actually, I was mining a few altcoins and then exchanging in to bitcoin.  The two primary coins I mined were Litecoin and Dogecoin.  One day I was hacked and lost like 8 or so BTC when they were worth about $700-$800 each and I was angry and just walked away from it, but I'm pretty sure I still have some wallets out there with a few Doge and lite in them.  My problem is I don't remember the websites that were active back then.  I used to mine and then have them sent to a wallet on a website. Can anybody help me with the popular websites that existed back then so I can try to recover my accounts?  I know it's a long shot, but worth a shot. Thanks!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4489

View Profile
May 19, 2021, 10:18:14 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bitcoin_companies

BitPay    2011    
Bitstamp    2011    
Blockchain.info    2011
Kraken    2011    
Bitfinex    2012
Coinbase    2012
LocalBitcoins    2012
Paxos    2012    
BitGo    2013    
BitMain    2013    
Canaan Creative    2013
Circle    2013
Ghash.io (CEX.IO)    2013
Huobi    2013
ShapeShift    2013

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
foxten (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 12:50:17 AM

Thanks a lot for the lead. Interesting update. I found an old spreadsheet. It has my username and password, but for the website it just has "cry". I imagine this was the first 3 letters of the site. I know this is the one where I did most of my transactions.  And thinking back, it was probably in April, May, and June of 2013 if that helps at all.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4489

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:00:06 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2021, 05:22:19 AM by franky1

there were other exchanges back then but they are gone now
such as mtgox and btc-e

bu the 'cry' might be:
cryptsy or cryptorush... both gone now

and to answer below.
cryptopia was founded in 2014+..not 2013

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crg99

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 03:33:42 AM

Thanks a lot for the lead. Interesting update. I found an old spreadsheet. It has my username and password, but for the website it just has "cry". I imagine this was the first 3 letters of the site. I know this is the one where I did most of my transactions.  And thinking back, it was probably in April, May, and June of 2013 if that helps at all.

cryptopia.

and if my guess is right, then say byebye to your coin. they do fraud lol. i lost 3BTC too. and the new info, they under the NZ court. you could check google. Cheesy
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 21, 2021, 01:35:18 PM

Do you still have access to the email that you used? If you can still log in, trying to check your email inbox, all the websites that you have registered will still leave traces.
For my case, I can no longer recover the email that I used before because my 2fa phone number has expired. If I have access to my email, maybe there are still treasures left.
$anounimus$

Activity: 1750
Merit: 294

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 21, 2021, 01:50:17 PM

Do you still have access to the email that you used? If you can still log in, trying to check your email inbox, all the websites that you have registered will still leave traces.
For my case, I can no longer recover the email that I used before because my 2fa phone number has expired. If I have access to my email, maybe there are still treasures left.
Yes, the solution you offer is a good solution for the OP to try, because basically the Email is the main thing that must be really taken care of and also the phone number if we include it in our email when asked for further verification.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████