Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:47:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Capacity' Space Scams: What is best chia, burst, file-coin?? have opinion?  (Read 27 times)
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2021, 12:37:26 AM

I have been now playing space POC 'capacity' so called hard-disk cryptos for a month now, so far I see mass incompetence, and not much justification for a business model.

I see lots of chinese using it as a lottery vehicle to 'get rich'

Chia seems to be #1, they got 7.2 EB ( billion billion byte ) huge amount of storage, but its all used to hold garbage hashes that are useless to the world, and worse the freckled owner Bram Cohen is calling for them to be deleted an re-plotted as "Portable Plot", insanity

The Chinese who have been now on Chia ( & all the other space coins ) for 6+ months are NOT going to go along with deletion, so I expect to see tons of folks coming out of China that support POC

For now bitcoin you can't solo-mine, gpu mining soon will be kaput on ETH, especially with Bitmain coming out with a ETH miner ; So POC is like one of the only areas left where little people can obtain crypto without $$$

The general movement seems to be "Buy it if you want it, mining is for Amazon(s)"

The entire premise of crypto is largely gone, its only become a giant financial ponzi gambling abstraction.

Say CHIA above its 7.2EB, one plot is 108GB on a HD, to make that file it takes 6-8 hours on a  super-computer PC ( 8+ cores ), 64gb ram, and 3+ nvme drives; I burn up a NVME drive every 100 plots, that's how wasteful this process is, now were' told in the future that we must replot, which means I must once again destroy many NVME drives at $200 each.

Green my ARSE
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2021, 01:16:56 AM

But surely your joking? Chia is Green
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: