Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are other cryptocurrencies not like Bitcoin?  (Read 685 times)
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 12:01:12 PM

Is there any other coin created at the same time as bitcoin that still survives in the crypto market today, although silly question but you know the answer from this thread, bitcoin is king in crypto with fully decentralized not in many other altcoins, though not as good as bitcoin but eth and bnb is also a top potential coin.
CryptoG99

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 12:01:55 PM

It really depends on the project. ALGO dipped a lot (more the 50%) during that bear run, but it is also a newish project and still has a lot to grow. I think investors where pulling money out of smaller cap coins and putting money into ETH/BTC during the dip.
DIVI is a very interesting project imo and deserves to be looked at. DIVI can be used for a ton of stuff like staking or running nodes which takes only 1 click to setup. This is made possible by MOCCI, their 1 click node installer. All of this is made possible by their DIVI Wallet 2.0 which can all of this can be done on. Their wallet also supports both crypto and fiat. Divi is even listed on KuCoin and can also be used in some online stores.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 02:35:26 PM

Firstly I will say if you ever noticed this trend like in the case of production, I first produce this goods and some other people come in the market and try to dob my product you can expect them to get the same result like mine. Bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency introduced and gained recognition for what it stands for others are just surfacing now and just in a day wants to be like bitcoin it doesn't work that way.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 02:38:14 PM
Merited by Botnake (1)

._
Is there any other coin created at the same time as bitcoin that still survives in the crypto market today, although silly question but you know the answer from this thread, bitcoin is king in crypto with fully decentralized not in many other altcoins, though not as good as bitcoin but eth and bnb is also a top potential coin.
Altcoins are different from bitcoin because some of them are even centralized while bitcoin alone is fully decentralized. But it does not mean that since bitcoin is the king, altcoins will just have lose its value and will have no real life uses.

For me, there's no need to compare bitcoin into altcoins because they have different uses. Bitcoin is a good asset and a store of value which we have seen its value keeps growing. While on the other hand, altcoins too are more identified as tokens from reliable projects and if the project is more transparent because it has more practical uses, then this altcoins will also grow in time just like bitcoin in particular.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
spyderbilt

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 02:41:05 PM

not as easy as turning the palm of the hand. bitcoin is the first coin to exist in cryptocurrency other than that the total supply of bitcoin is very limited. it is impossible if other crypto coins can match bitcoin's record, for me approaching bitcoin is difficult. can only occupy the 2nd position like ethereum
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:04:07 PM

Over the years Bitcoin have been doing very great and as a matter of fact it is the fastest cryptocurrency that is much valuable and growing with rapid speed. Unlike other cryptocurrencies, some come doing better at the earlier stage but as time goes on they loss value and at the end of the day it gets crash .
my question is that why can't they last and be like Bitcoin and what does it take for this unstable cryptocurrencies to be like Bitcoin.
I'll be glad to get responds to add to my knowledge concerning this . Thank you

Many of these coins are centralized and managed by greedy developers, compared to Bitcoin which is truly decentralized and has no central office to manage the development, there are a lot of Bitcoin clones but Bitcoin is the original and was created on a vision of decentralization and anonymity, other coins are here to make money and have influence in the market.
rahmathidayat93

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:17:22 PM

because bitcoin was created with the aim of being a means of payment only and until now there has been no further development and just running as it used to be, while altcoins were created with a more specific purpose so of course there will be differences from that.
Yes, Altcoins only complement what Bitcoin doesn't,
so it can provide a complete complement to the entire crypto space with various options tailored to specific needs.
nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:24:44 PM

Because fundamentally, the supply of Bitcoin is only 21 million BTC. And the requests keep happening. That is, from the supply and demand side, Bitcoin is clearly more stable than other cryptocurrencies, because indeed one of the factors that affect the price of crypto assets is supply and demand.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:49:17 PM

Over the years Bitcoin have been doing very great and as a matter of fact it is the fastest cryptocurrency that is much valuable and growing with rapid speed. Unlike other cryptocurrencies, some come doing better at the earlier stage but as time goes on they loss value and at the end of the day it gets crash .
my question is that why can't they last and be like Bitcoin and what does it take for this unstable cryptocurrencies to be like Bitcoin.

Their will be one lion in the forest and only one bitcoin in the cryptocurrency.Bitcoin growth was not happened in one day.Even the same bitcoin was struggled to reach the value of 1k dollar as like Ethereum struggled.Now the ethereum price crossed 3k dollars and all time high.Same happened in the bitcoin.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
andireynold98

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 03:53:10 PM

It really depends on the project. ALGO dipped a lot (more the 50%) during that bear run, but it is also a newish project and still has a lot to grow. I think investors where pulling money out of smaller cap coins and putting money into ETH/BTC during the dip.
DIVI is a very interesting project imo and deserves to be looked at. DIVI can be used for a ton of stuff like staking or running nodes which takes only 1 click to setup. This is made possible by MOCCI, their 1 click node installer. All of this is made possible by their DIVI Wallet 2.0 which can all of this can be done on. Their wallet also supports both crypto and fiat. Divi is even listed on KuCoin and can also be used in some online stores.

Yes we must see the potential from small project too not just a big one like the top10 crypto list. Well i agree DIVI is really easy to use that i see on youtube and many people already using that as their crypto wallet. But i still take a look and i think i want to use that too in the future, While DIVI will release swap and debit cards by itself in the future. I hope for this development that can be use debit cards from International. So that i can use DIVI and try that by myself. Also pls do own research first before going more deep into the project. Greeting
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 04:04:19 PM

First of all it is because Bitcoin is the main coin in Cryptocurrencies, and of course other Cryptocurrencies will not be like or equal to Bitcoin. 
But to survive for a long time, there are actually a lot of Altcoins like that, but not a few Altcoins that die and disappear from the market because they don't have support. 
The main thing for Altcoins or other Cryptocurrencies to survive is that they must have a large community and great support, have clear functions and of course the Altcoin/Cryptocurrency is managed by a good team.
tyr0699

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 04:45:08 PM

I believe that any token should consider developing its own "road", there are many projects out there that are creating tokens that can be used in the environment that the project is developing, so the token can be used to incentive the users. Check this project out, it may give you a new perspective of how cryptocurrency can be used more than DeFi or trading https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5344159.msg57244402#msg57244402
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 05:01:00 PM

It is really true that a lot of cryptocurrencies are not like Bitcoin but some are getting close to being like it, but although they can never be like it. Bitcoin came with a clear idea; a peer-to-peer system and total decentralization, and that is just it, the idea was clear enough to get the attention and trust of a lot people from which it grew to what it is today, after passing through a lot of hard and harsh stages.
Now the only coin getting close to Bitcoin but cannot be compared to Bitcoin is Ethereum, because it also came with a clear idea and till date their team have been improving on it, hence the reason it retains its value till today.
But you see other cryptocurrencies, few of them are only trying their best to showcase value and leave a good impact on this space, the likes of ADA, BNB etc, that is those whose team are at least working on something but as for others or better still a very good number of them, they are just here to copy, hype, pump and dump, no clear use case or whatever thus the reason a lot of them don't last long.
Therefore, in my opinion, a very few number of coins will try their best to be as valuable as Bitcoin but can never be, never be compared or be equalled to Bitcoin.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
CaptainCrapper

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 05:16:08 PM

I'll be glad to get responds to add to my knowledge concerning this. Thank you
Bitcoin is not like alter coin cause their have its blockchain and its called the father of cryptocurrency so it's have owned mining system.its additional accordance with all section.
Gbniman

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 06:30:59 PM

Bitcoin has not only been just a trendsetter, ushering in a wave of cryptocurrencies built on a decentralized peer-to-peer network, but also has become the de facto standard for cryptocurrencies, inspiring an ever-growing legion of followers and spinoffs.
Other virtual currencies such as Ethereum are being used to create decentralized financial systems for those without access to traditional financial products.
Some altcoins are being endorsed as they have newer features than Bitcoin, such as the ability to handle more transactions per second or use different consensus algorithms, Bitcoin will always be in top of cryptocurrencies.
Zulkifli BI

Activity: 277
Merit: 22

lumintoken.com

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 06:43:08 PM

I don't think bitcoin is the only one that has done really great things. but there are some altcoins are also able to survive and increase over time such as ethereum, dogecoin, cardano, tron ​​and several other altcoins. but many eyes are only on bitcoin because bitcoin is the king of all coins. and the reason why bitcoin can increase rapidly is because bitcoin has been trusted by crypto users and bitcoin is the best investment for the long term.

●●●●●●●●[Lumintoken - First Direct Democracy Over Monetary Policies]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Discord◂ | ▸Twitter
thesosorr

Activity: 691
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 07:09:02 PM

Not all Altcoins cannot survive in the market for years in cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin has extraordinary quality and greatness in cryptocurrency so that it can still be the king of cryptocurrency, but there are also Altcoins that have advantages even though they are not the same as Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum is still surviving.
Devifajarina

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 08:19:14 PM

First, let's try to analyze the condition of bitcoin when it first appeared, whether a lot of coins were popping up at that time, or bitcoin rivals when there were very few. Second, the condition of bitcoin at that time became an alternative after experiencing the same price as buying pizza. But after that time passed, bitcoin became the single most expensive and stable until now.

Unlike today, the condition of coins began to appear in various types, the competition is getting higher and tighter, this cannot guarantee them to survive like bitcoin, the more coins that appear, the greater the competition they face.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │      TRIDENT PROTOCOL      │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL

██████████████|               Twitter               |              Telegram              |                Reddit                |██████████████
Viscore

Activity: 3080
Merit: 648

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:33:39 PM

Bitcoin has extraordinary quality and greatness in cryptocurrency so that it can still be the king of cryptocurrency, but there are also Altcoins that have advantages even though they are not the same as Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum is still surviving.
Bitcoin has definitely a great advantage compared to altcoins but it does not mean that only bitcoin will survive when it comes to long term. Altcoins too have their own way of surviving the market even we knew the fact that if bitcoin drastically drops its price, altcoins experience even a much lower dip.

So let's not wonder why all altcoins are not alike with bitcoin. The fact that they can still survive in the market for long, is already a good sign that altcoins too are also valuable just like bitcoin.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 09:52:10 PM

Bitcoin has definitely a great advantage compared to altcoins but it does not mean that only bitcoin will survive when it comes to long term. Altcoins too have their own way of surviving the market even we knew the fact that if bitcoin drastically drops its price, altcoins experience even a much lower dip.

So let's not wonder why all altcoins are not alike with bitcoin. The fact that they can still survive in the market for long, is already a good sign that altcoins too are also valuable just like bitcoin.

Also, most alts are created just to fatten the pockets of their dev team. This is why we have seen a lot of abandoned projects once they collected funds from naive investors. A lot of them have no intentions to survive long but to dupe those who will buy their coins. It is no secret anymore that most projects ended up dead owed to the greediness of the people behind it. So yeah, very few can survive along with bitcoin because the intentions itself of the devs are not genuine.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: