Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:29:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preserving Bitcoin price predictions to calm retail during times of FUD  (Read 40 times)
wehnsdaefflae (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 08:33:22 AM

Hello everyone!

Seeing the recent dip in prices got me thinking about the irrational fear in the markets which cost a lot of retail investors a lot of money. I thought about how this could be ameliorated in the future to help avoid big venture capitalists and corporations buying up the dips and removing capital from small investors. I am a data scientist, have a PhD in Machine Learning, and studied Cognitive Systems at university, so I came up with the following idea:

With a clear mind, people usually make better decisions than when being afraid. Concerning cryptocurrency, good decisions are historically based on an optimistic outlook concerning its value. If people that are considered by some to be authorities start to display a negative sentiment, however, many retail investors don't think they can trust their own assessment anymore. Some might even say FUD is spread intentionally to be able to buy assets from retail investors that those public figures previously missed out on.

Remembering your own positive outlook is hard enough during times where everyone screams "crisis!" Not knowing the sentiment of all the other retail investors makes it just the harder. Saving those predictions and making them publicly available can help keep a cool head and look a few weeks into the future instead of taking a loss that might have been avoidable.

I'm in the first stages of implementing a project that enables the sourcing of predictions of small crypto investors. I am trying to figure out a blockchain implementation of this project, an incentive model, and how to avoid manipulation.

To see whether the idea can actually be realized the way that I imagine it, however, I need some data. Specifically, I need your predictions on the price of crypto assets (just Bitcoin for the time being). You can enter your predictions in this form: https://forms.gle/y5DHzfJfJGyNuxCr7

Everybody who contributes data will receive a link to all the predictions, to be able to make up their own mind on whether it contains any valuable information. If I manage to extract actually useful information, I'll send it out as well.

I'd be very grateful if you consider having a look and maybe even leave your thoughts on how the price of Bitcoin might develop. If you have any questions, please send me a message or just reply to the post.

Thanks a lot and have a great day!
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 09:03:58 AM

There are lots of polls around here predicting which price BTC is heading towards or when it would get to another ATH again. But I don't know how useful this "prediction preservation" is tbh.. whenever the market drops, most go into full-on FUD mode and when the market booms the opposite happens. And I think you'd get lots of troll predictions anyway, it might be a better idea to create a poll for this purpose rather than a Google form.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: