Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining SolidCoin Trusted Blocks ... because its creator is rich enough already  (Read 2119 times)
SAC (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 10:50:37 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2012, 07:08:36 PM by SAC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 11:30:42 PM

It's definitely interesting. I took a look at the source earlier and it appears to roughly line up with what it claims to do, though I haven't tested it either and there's some bits in there that are very weird. There are also blocks in the chain with strange contents consistent with this code, such as 89592.

I've actually suspected for a while that the way Solidcoin trusted nodes approve blocks must be hugely insecure. There doesn't seem to be anything tying the million-coin transaction they used to approve the block to anything except the previous transaction that used those coins. There's nothing that would make it invalid if someone changed unrelated transactions in that block, or the previous block, or the block before that, or any block. The strange thing is that I'd have expected a successful double-spend attack by now if Solidcoin is really this insecure but there hasn't been any that we've heard about.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
demkd

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 03:02:12 AM

Found in google cache
I can mine Trusted Blocks?
In a way. Once someone else has mined a Trusted Block you can mine a replacement for it and most nodes will use your replacement instead. Currently the mining pools no longer accept the replacement so you can't make much money this way.
demkd

Activity: 242

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 05:36:45 AM

since I still have page open.
Maybe you have http://ejhondl.instantslchosting.com/solidcoin-spammer-win.zip Smiley
Well... I want to test it  Grin
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 06:14:24 AM

Is a person with litecoinpool.org in their signature line unbiased on the subject of solidcoin? 

In the mean time, the USD/ Solidcoin has remained rather level around $0.03, but the BTC/Solidcoin exchange rate has plummeted over the past couple day(s).

Nice to see solidcoin standing on it's own from a fiat perspective, but my budget spreadsheets are still keeping track of everything in relation to BTC which shows a bunch of losses from that perspective.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 06:35:44 AM

Response from RealSolid

Posted Today, 06:01 AM
Yeah there was an exploit which currently takes some of the CPF payment away from the CPF in the trust blocks and instead gives it to an address supplied by the attacker. It's mostly been limited though with code given to the trust nodes, exchanges and larger pools. There currently isn't much SC going to the CPF each day, so the amount they got was quite small. The trust node system has allowed us to pretty much nullify any serious attack vector that was possible (as unlikely as they were it did highlight some more things we needed to tie down).

There will be a new version out soon which signs the trust blocks themselves so that they cannot be altered and "reused" at all.

What I find weird on that page though is the fact it's revenge for Litecoin, they think we had something to do with their spam or something? Quite weird when we already know one person who has admitted to spamming in the past and thinks it's a valid "testing tool" , ie artforz. The guy who is also likely behind this exploit.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 07:04:24 AM

Is a person with litecoinpool.org in their signature line unbiased on the subject of solidcoin?  

In the mean time, the USD/ Solidcoin has remained rather level around $0.03, but the BTC/Solidcoin exchange rate has plummeted over the past couple day(s).

Nice to see solidcoin standing on it's own from a fiat perspective, but my budget spreadsheets are still keeping track of everything in relation to BTC which shows a bunch of losses from that perspective.

Where did I say I had an unbiased opinion of the ShitCoin, anyways I posted site I ran across you don't like it sorry about your luck. To demkd did not download load any of that trashes (RS) code I won't allow it on my machines that applies to code that would fuck with it as well. I don't need to do that the ShitCoin is slowly circling the drain all on its own they just keep taking dump after dump on it pretty funny couldn't happen to a nicer collection of scumbags...

Response from RealSolid

Posted Today, 06:01 AM
Yeah there was an exploit which currently takes some of the CPF payment away from the CPF in the trust blocks and instead gives it to an address supplied by the attacker. It's mostly been limited though with code given to the trust nodes, exchanges and larger pools. There currently isn't much SC going to the CPF each day, so the amount they got was quite small. The trust node system has allowed us to pretty much nullify any serious attack vector that was possible (as unlikely as they were it did highlight some more things we needed to tie down).

There will be a new version out soon which signs the trust blocks themselves so that they cannot be altered and "reused" at all.

What I find weird on that page though is the fact it's revenge for Litecoin, they think we had something to do with their spam or something? Quite weird when we already know one person who has admitted to spamming in the past and thinks it's a valid "testing tool" , ie artforz. The guy who is also likely behind this exploit.

And there the petty piece of shit can't help being himself yet again if he had not told Artforz to take a flying leap the original SC would never have been spammed to start with he could have used the fix suggested by him for it and if that scumbag thinks that anyone believes for one minute that he or one of his minions had nothing to do with the litecoin spam then he is even more delusional than I thought. Oh and unbreakable code YEAH RIGHT!! how many times have we heard that lie from that fucking idiot..
It really sucks that Solidcoin started as a good project, and has turned into this complete shit fest. I stayed away from iXcoin, and i0coin for obvious reasons, but SC was the first "real" alt-coin this forum ever had. I have come to the conclusion that the way RS has conducted himself has not benefited SC or any of it's investors...
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 07:24:46 AM

It really sucks that Solidcoin started as a good project, and has turned into this complete shit fest. I stayed away from iXcoin, and i0coin for obvious reasons, but SC was the first "real" alt-coin this forum ever had. I have come to the conclusion that the way RS has conducted himself has not benefited SC or any of it's investors...

You used to be a diehard SC supporter. What changed your mind? What has RS done recently?

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 07:33:43 AM

You used to be a diehard SC supporter. What changed your mind? What has RS done recently?

1) his name has the word "Flip" in it, heh.

2) Solidcoins started out as a cool project, but it has morphed into a centralized system that is good, but centralized and at the mercy of RealSolid...

I'm not sure how "recently" your asking.  B/c over the past few months is how this whole fiasco has unfolded.

I agree with FlipPro that it has turned into a crazy project.  However, if the market price is right, I'll still continue to include at least a small sliver of these coins in my portfolio.  Gotta diversify.

As for I0coins, I'm back to mining them as merged mining may be implemented soon, which can give the chain new life.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 07:52:23 AM

RS has done nothing, I am just tired of battling all the FUD. And to be quite honest right now, SC seems like more of a liability than an investment. This is sad because I like many here own NMC,SC,and LTC. I strongly believe in diversification, but I am beginning to see that all of the alt coins have become liabilities, for all those who hold them.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 10:02:23 PM

These are the binaries if anyone wants them, though I can't claim they are virus free since I did not make them (hint: maybe VM it)

http://hotfile.com/dl/136374397/ba6ad8a/solidcoin-spammer-win.zip.html

And here is the diff if you want to compile it yourself

http://www.mediafire.com/?dk72s979w3dmd3g

I guess until SC2 has its fun new update out you can wreak havoc upon the block chain

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 12:58:21 AM

So it's been verified this is a legit exploit?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 01:31:41 AM

So it's been verified this is a legit exploit?

Yes it has already been done to the chain so the exploit is in the wild as they say and running free.

Solidcoin is starting to remind me of Veridian Dynamics.

"Centralization and Taxes are best for security, and for you.  Even if they aren't."
"Bitcoin wants you to live in terror of being attacked. Here at Solidcoin, we garauntee attack.  So you don't have to live in fear anymore.  Unprecedented approaches to lifes biggest problems"
"Some might say peer-review is the best way to improve ideas.  Those people haven't met Realsolid.  How do we know?  Because fuck you"
"The worst threat to Solidcoin is FUD.  Thats why we make an attempt to silence anyone who disagrees with us.  You call it censorship, we call it security.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: