Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:07:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A real alternative to Chia Coin?  (Read 769 times)
Starkick (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:46:50 AM

Hahaha, this looks like a great idea! Although, of course, it is quite difficult to implement. I think there are a lot of projects that would like to attract his attention.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 02:18:00 PM

I think the best alternative is Helium. Its not proof of space and time but proof of coverage but still I think it's safest and best investment of that sort now.
yes i aggre, Helium aims to improve the communication capabilities of wireless Internet of Things (IoT) devices. In 2013, infrastructure around IoT was still in its infancy, but developers wanted to add decentralization to their offering, hence referring to it as “The People’s Network” in official literature.

Its core appeal will be to device owners and those interested in the IoT space, with financial incentives providing further outreach possibilities.
Helium is way better over chia coin because its the true definition of green energy mining because all you need is little watt of power 5w to 15watts to power helium hotspot miners in your home and start earning

Sethrey

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 02:18:51 PM

Helium is way better over chia coin because its the true definition of green energy mining because all you need is little watt of power 5w to 15watts to power helium hotspot miners in your home and start earning

And what about the coin that requires an internet connection only? Here's more information about the project https://utopia-ecosystem.com/ Moreover, there are no extra electricity fees, which is the best nowadays. I never thought that it would be possible to mine without any investments.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:34:43 AM

It's still hard for me to imagine it, to be honest. This is an incredible project, with the simplest and cheapest mining!
Sethrey

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 12:59:46 PM

Well, according to the latest news about chia, none of the miners will get their investments back. As everything shows that it won't bump and the prices on the equipment also felled. People invested about 6000$ for SSD and hard drives and now they can earn about 250$ per month, which is absolutely nothing.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 11:50:45 AM

I'm surprised that you still remember about this coin.=) After the wave of paid hype that hit the Internet, not a word is heard about it. I understand that the prospects and reliability of this coin have not been justified.
Silver80

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 02:26:50 PM

It seems to me that nothing completely new will happen in the crypto market. It is not so easy to dethrone bitcoin from its pedestal. I think that when the hype passes, no one will remember about these new coins.

New investors are drowning in losses when they have spent a lot of money to buy hard drives. I'm seeing the crypto market crash in China. The Chinese government may be looking to drive away Bitcoin miners and encourage green cryptos like CHIA. There has been no significant jump in value yet since CHIA was listed on exchanges.
I agree with you, seeing coins like CHIA which are made by the Chinese state but Chinese custom prefers to use their own like the case of social media that is there even forbidden to use external ones, this can make them survive like TRX we have seen so far
Sethrey

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 10:50:37 AM

On the whole, if Musk won't mention it, people will never know about this coin. And I'm surprised that he didn't choose something more profitable and really eco-friendly. He mentioned it as an example, but people went crazy and ruined the market. It's a good lesson to think with your own brains.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 10:58:02 AM

And what is its rate? I don't see any active moves and seems like the coin is not so popular. Where are the guarantees that it will be profitable? I understand that here the investments are almost 0, but if I'll lose my time for nothing - it won't be too good.
Not zero at all to farm CHIA you need big space of memory which will cost you a lot money to farm it. If you asking whether its profitable or not i would say yes i got a friend who actively mining the chia coin and he doing fine, i think its just alternative instead mining ETH and i do think chia is a good one.

RILWAN

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

Global peace initiative

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 11:09:05 AM

This thread is the first place am hearing about this coin maybe this is so because of China coin's low popularity in the market, I don't think the coin is worth the hype I took a Google search and could not find any information on the coin.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 07:01:48 PM

now a few months after its launch, chia mining is no longer worthwhile unless you really have a lot of space on your hard drives or join unofficial pools that require access keys? (very dangerous thing not to do absolutely) as alternatives for mining from hard disk there are burst coin which however gives us minimal gains or the new spacemesh or the pseudo clone of chia called spare
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 01:02:51 AM

If crypton is  privacy coin, will this compare with Monero? Or what advantage it has over other privacy coin for us to choose this coin to use?

Saw Crypto's chart and petformance from the last four months and from that ATH it went down 60%, also it has a low volume and low market cap. If they will make some improvements and make a noise in crypto industry. Or maybe a hype, then investors will think to buy this coin.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 12:25:11 PM

On the whole, if Musk won't mention it, people will never know about this coin. And I'm surprised that he didn't choose something more profitable and really eco-friendly. He mentioned it as an example, but people went crazy and ruined the market. It's a good lesson to think with your own brains.
You're right, the desire to get rich quickly overshadowed common sense and attention to the state of the environment. In the next few years, green coins will become more and more popular. Well, I mean really green projects.
Sethrey

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 03:03:38 PM

If crypton is  privacy coin, will this compare with Monero? Or what advantage it has over other privacy coin for us to choose this coin to use?

Saw Crypto's chart and petformance from the last four months and from that ATH it went down 60%, also it has a low volume and low market cap. If they will make some improvements and make a noise in crypto industry. Or maybe a hype, then investors will think to buy this coin.

1) They never looked for investors as the coin and the whole Utopia p2p project is self-financed.
2) Yesterday they've started a wide promo action for miners https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5349259.new#new
I believe it will help to promote the coin and make it improve.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 09:29:58 AM

Yes, I think we should expect good results from this action. As far as I remember, the previous bounty collected a lot of positive reviews.
Sethrey

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 11:35:11 AM

You're right, but that bounty campaign was a small dot in comparison with this action. It will last till the end of September and the prize pool is 5000$. That's a huge action, I can say. Moreover, it will attract many new users and that's really good for ecosystem improvement.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 10:27:23 AM

You're right, but that bounty campaign was a small dot in comparison with this action. It will last till the end of September and the prize pool is 5000$. That's a huge action, I can say. Moreover, it will attract many new users and that's really good for ecosystem improvement.

It's especially interesting as you can run up to 50 mining bots on one PC if you use LCX or Docker. It extremely rises the opportunity to mine more and more. And the prize pool of  looks impressive 🙂 We have to participate, I think.

speedforce

Activity: 758
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 11:02:53 PM

Im trying to mining crypton with Linux VPS i rented, i realize i would never reach Break Even for doing it.
Also, i cant think how can all the miners got same reward no matter how much they are, isnt that means very high inflation and block reward uncertainty?

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Sethrey

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 09:26:18 AM

I'm already in so as to participate in all the parts of action. The later you start - the less you could get. Just don't forget to fill-in the participation for and provide the reports in time. Anyway, you'll get all the mined coins at least. It's also something.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 09:58:04 AM

Maybe it is just me but most of these mining coins hardly gives good profits neither do some last long term. I think there was a time they were rampant of which many later turned scams. You have presented a different and better alternative to Chia Coin in your own understanding, and what if this one goes the way of Chia coin, which others have done.
Also, most times mining is not profitable especially when one considers the cost of energy and equipment, hence why it looks like only big organizations can do mining, and they don't mine any random coin but focuses on coins which can make them break even, coins that are always valuable and coins whose team won't just exit scam, hence why many mine Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: