Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you recommend staking?  (Read 6432 times)
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 11:47:04 PM

I heard some of my friends constantly earning income with staking masternode coin . but i didn't really follow what's happening now and it seems that there are a lot of coins that can't be staked but are staked by these platforms. I'm not really interested in things like that there are a lot of risks its more than only holding coin. and usually its needed large capital.

Because most staking coins has no actual use case, so they are just staking coins and sell it in the market afterwards. Which for me is not a sustainable approach. Once these stakers have had enough, they can easily hop to another project and look for more profitable coin. It is good if you are staking eth for example, because this is a very well established platform. But for other alts, most of them have only short lifespan, so you need to get out while they still have value in the market. Otherwise, you may end up holding worthless staked coins.
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 07:48:10 PM

I was looking at staking my ethereum. The interest rate seems good and I found BlockFi.com which seems to be around 10% (not guaranteed rate though). Is there a risk of losing coins and is staking recommended? For Ethereum, which site pays the highest APR and is the most reliable/safest?

Thanks!

I see the BlockFi.com site now as very different from before, and the amount of APR offered is also different from before. The APR for Ether was previously 10% and is now much lower. In fact they are more focused on crypto trading, not staking. If you are asking for my recommendation, then I would prefer Binance, or another exchange that is already very popular.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Mehedi72

Activity: 745
Merit: 109

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 07:09:52 PM

Million of people are get themselves participated on staking programme, so i don't think its too much dangerous or loss project something! So obviously i can recommend staking as this is another easy way to earn money. But the major point is, staking need lagre amount of money! If you aren’t worthy enough, then this Isn’t for you. Also dont stake all your ether or you may regret if any accident occurred.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Tahid12

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 08:31:36 PM

If you want to staking with others altcoins, i may not recommended cause they mightn't be safe enough for long term. but no worries about eth! You can definitely go for it. I heard positive review about BlockFi but that was long time ago. You staking on their side but recently i don't hear latest update about their policy, as well. I think binance exchange may the best choice for your eth staking

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Chathusand

Activity: 643
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 08:04:01 PM

Staking is beneficial if you are looking for a long-term investment, especially in established coins. It also protects your investment by preventing you from not spending it during difficult times due to its conditions (lockin period) or the terms of the coins you are staking.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 10:34:10 PM

Staking is beneficial if you are looking for a long-term investment, especially in established coins. It also protects your investment by preventing you from not spending it during difficult times due to its conditions (lockin period) or the terms of the coins you are staking.
It's a good way to earn a little addition but it's not that really huge but you won't have any problem if you earn by just staking it, right? As you hold, you stake but do that at the right platform because if you feel unsafe where you stake.
You just have to hold it. Well, I do recommend staking and that's what my long term plan is to do but not with just random coins. It's still better to choose the best coins that you can stake and those that are at the top, not those newest that the risk is much higher.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1138

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 10:50:04 PM

It's a good way to earn a little addition but it's not that really huge but you won't have any problem if you earn by just staking it, right? As you hold, you stake but do that at the right platform because if you feel unsafe where you stake.
You just have to hold it. Well, I do recommend staking and that's what my long term plan is to do but not with just random coins. It's still better to choose the best coins that you can stake and those that are at the top, not those newest that the risk is much higher.
Staking isnt really that appealing considering the APY gains then if you do have that common sense then simply holding will give you more profits rather than on considering on putting some coins for staking.

Specially that most of them are on platforms to be widtheld which means you dont have the access of the said wallet which is also part of the risk.For noncustodial wallet staking then its considerable

but i would still prefer on holding it instead and leave it for 1 year and for sure % gain would be more much better than staking.

Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2021, 11:06:44 PM

I was looking at staking my ethereum. The interest rate seems good and I found BlockFi.com which seems to be around 10% (not guaranteed rate though). Is there a risk of losing coins and is staking recommended? For Ethereum, which site pays the highest APR and is the most reliable/safest?

Thanks!
Staking your Ethereum is good imo, the only problem is that the return ain't that much just 10% APY, I would have adviced you to try staking other altcoins on another DeFi platform, the only downside is that DeFi platforms that offer high APY's are usually prone to rug pull or getting hacked and I wouldn't want you to get in the middle of it since DeFi platforms are targeted by hackers recently, stake your eth if your planning to hold for long term you could earn some rewards for doing so.

meves99

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 11:48:52 PM

Thanks!

For staking sites that pay the highest APR and are safe, it can't be recommended just like that, because the APR payments are almost the same from all these staking sites.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 11:49:57 PM

Thanks!
Staking your Ethereum is good imo, the only problem is that the return ain't that much just 10% APY, I would have adviced you to try staking other altcoins on another DeFi platform, the only downside is that DeFi platforms that offer high APY's are usually prone to rug pull or getting hacked and I wouldn't want you to get in the middle of it since DeFi platforms are targeted by hackers recently, stake your eth if your planning to hold for long term you could earn some rewards for doing so.

It is better to stake on an established platform rather than risk your funds to substandard defi offering high APY. A lot of DeFi platforms either exit the game via abandoning their site or owed to hacking (with suspicions of inside job). So it is better to stake your eth in popular platforms like binance or blockfi. They may not give the APY you want but they are considerably trustworthy.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 09:28:23 AM

I don't know a platform that provides ETH staking with high APR, but I can give you information so you don't have to worry when you want to stake ETH, you can visit the official website here https://ethereum.org/en/eth2/staking/
There you can get the information you need, because the explanation there is clear and detailed.

If my advice, you are better off looking for other coins like Zilliqa or Atom that have a high APR than ETH, not only high APR but also easy, you just need to install the wallet and can staking easily.
simpelplan

Activity: 407
Merit: 2

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 07:16:40 PM

Staking is definitely a great thing if you are a long term holder and don't plan on selling any time soon. for me personally also really like this method and often bet altcoin (bsc) on several platforms especially pancakeswap and sometimes I withdraw profit once a month on CAKE. farming is an interesting way

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 08:16:29 PM

If you really want to keep the coin in the long term of course it would be better if we keep the coin on staking, but in staking you should re-examine the platform whether the risk is very small and the APR is also high because for Ethereum the 10% APR is already quite high but if you have a lot of Ethereum you can also join ETH 2.0 staking.

Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 08:34:49 PM

Staking can be profitable but only if you understand the coin that you are staking. Otherwise you are just risking money on the hype of a project instead of understanding why it is popular.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 09:37:55 PM

Staking isnt really that appealing considering the APY gains then if you do have that common sense then simply holding will give you more profits rather than on considering on putting some coins for staking.

Specially that most of them are on platforms to be widtheld which means you dont have the access of the said wallet which is also part of the risk.For noncustodial wallet staking then its considerable

but i would still prefer on holding it instead and leave it for 1 year and for sure % gain would be more much better than staking.
In a sense that it will just give you little addition with your holding, that's what those stakers are looking at. I don't stake and I also find it a little rewarding and I'll choose to hold instead. The risk for those stakers that they've chosen if they can only stake on exchanges, they have no choice but to let their asset stay on that exchange. Yes, it's the risk that they don't hold the asset as it's not on their wallet but they have an option if those cryptos that they stake are in a wallet that they own.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 10:54:08 PM

I recognize staking as one kind of interest provide by the exchanges authority by locking their coins. It is one kind of incentive. But i don't like to join any staking program.
Staking rewards are not provided by the exchange, these exchanges does facilitates staking on behalf of the coins. Looks for example in Binance you will get many options for staking but these options are done with the developers of the coins to hold them so that they will provide liquidity and hold those coins for a solid period of time.

I have staked the coins before and i have made a good profit with some of the new projects but the risk are higher if you are dealing with new projects and you are taking the risk to provide liquidity.
satsmainman

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 11:02:47 PM

Today there are so many secured and legitimate staking platforms that will pay you good APR. In my own opinion, i wouldn't stake anything other than a stable coin except that coin have a very high upward price action potentials. But staking is one sure way to make good returns and its a sure way to get seriously rekt.
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 11:29:15 PM

Today there are so many secured and legitimate staking platforms that will pay you good APR. In my own opinion, i wouldn't stake anything other than a stable coin except that coin have a very high upward price action potentials. But staking is one sure way to make good returns and its a sure way to get seriously rekt.

Staking is one way to get passive income other than lending. If planning to hold the coins we have for the long term, I think staking will increase the number of coins we have without buying. Staking security has increased and I think staking is possible

llecrf

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 03:45:45 AM

Thanks!

https://cryptotesters.com/ethereum-staking-platforms
You can visit the link above to view the ETH 2.0 staking platform, i have visited LIDO platform and looking for some information about ETH 2.0 staking
please visit this link for full details, you can also withdraw the amount of staking ETH rewards whenever you want with stETH tokens https://stake.lido.fi/

☏ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ Telefy ☏ ▌☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ 
█ ⚔ ▌WORLDS FIRST CREDIT SCORE ORIENTED MULTI CHAIN DEFI SOLUTION ▌⚔ █
telefy.finance
lenovop-70

Activity: 1190
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 05:11:05 AM

If you safe player it could be yes to take staking, but ofcourse you will get small amount of profit.
You can get double when your staked coin has pump when its released, and that is need deep observations and you have good data on market movements as your consideration to staking.
So staking still recomended for you that used to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: