Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHIB on Metamask (BSC)  (Read 175 times)
RishJay (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 10:18:38 AM

If you want to buy any tokens ahead, you must verify the contract address of that token through official channels to save yourself from getting scammed in a way you didn't expect.
Please ask the Binance team through Twitter as they take actions when they are publicly asked for.

Have already written to Binance and they confirmed that this is an unsupported contract. Too bad.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
May 25, 2021, 11:10:46 AM

I bought SHIB on MetaMask BSC network using the contract address 0xf09a100c32d780f0a48754e43533f9fb374e85f9 shown on BscScan. I then transferred to Binance on SHIB BSC address shown. The TXHash shown successful transaction but I never received the token on Binance and they say I have used incorrect network. From BSC to BSC is what I transferred? Am I missing something here. I know SHIB is an ERC20 Token but since Binance showed the deposit can come through BSC is the reason why I bought from BSC network. Any help highly appreciated.
That could be a fake one to scam people, I do not know how it works but I know that if you have a erc20 address in metamask most of the time that is also the same address as the bsc one as well, which means they may have stolen your money that way. However considering you were thinking it would be binance, then I am not sure if they would steal your money neither, which could be another reason. I would say when you are not 100% sure what is going on, do not spend or send your money anywhere that is not guaranteed.

I do not have too much money so I always check it very carefully, I have invested some money into some stuff and I ended up with a bit of profit but during all of that process I was having heart attack type of feelings just for sending and receiving a bit of money, like sending 100 bucks to somewhere is a big deal for me, I check it 10 times before I make a move.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 10:20:22 AM

Contract Address for Coinmarketcap

0x95ad61b0a150d79219dcf64e1e6cc01f0b64c4ce

Contract Address for the BscScan

Contract Address for the Etherscan

As you can see we have the different contract address for BscScan and Etherscan and the same address with BscScan and Coinmarketcap and I have tried to add both contract address in the Metamask and in no success, the token is unsearchable maybe you would need to add the token to Metamask just like trust wallet, I have Shiba Inu on my Trust wallet and in my opinion, trust wallet is easier to use and to buy many tokens.

I did search the contract address you provided above and true coinmarketcap has only one contract address. But quite worried why there is a BSC contract address for SHIB 0xf09a100c32d780f0a48754e43533f9fb374e85f9. I don't think its a fake one either because I can see a large number of holders and multiple transactions.

This is the first time I am seeing a coin that is floating for both ERC-20 and BEP-20 I never really thought that is possible my Shib is ERC-20 and most of my coins in my trust wallet are BEP20, but this is really the first time seeing it, Maybe the transaction didn't reach the destination but apparently, no transaction is being lost with most of my transaction if the transact address is correct, maybe you should recall and check the history I don't know if this is the fault of the coin itself or on Binance part, or either it is within your part that you have done something wrong, I think this needs more research and explanation needed.

I did further research and what I found is that like me, many have initially though that a SHIB contract for BSC existed but it didn't. If you go to bscscan.com and search for contract 0xf09a100c32d780f0a48754e43533f9fb374e85f9 there are large number of holders unknowingly that its not the original SHIB. There was only one ERC20 contract for SHIB. So, my SHIB's not reaching Binance is understandable.

I have done research aswell the original SHIB was on ERC-20 maybe the BSCscan was just an imitation because it is surely easier now to create your own token maybe someone recreates his on a Binance Chain platform to foil investors that he is the original SHIB,

I have seen a video on youtube and you can surely easily create your own coin on the Binance Chain under your finance account, I simply feel that there are coins like this and we should always take caution while investing so we must take to heart the DYOR thing!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: