Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 41567 times)
Kryss191

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2024, 04:14:16 PM

If I win the lottery and find a block, will my miner interface tell me? Or do I just need to monitor my wallet?

It's good to check both, but usually, the miner interface will provide notifications when you find a block, and then you'll also see the transaction in your wallet.
WeAreAllSatNak

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 02:09:36 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2024, 02:20:37 AM by WeAreAllSatNak

I've got the Apollo 2 Standard unit hooked up to an Ubuntu 24.04 LTS machine. I have the GitHub repo cloned, and I run:

Code:
./apollo-miner-v2 -host us-east.stratum.braiins.com -port 3333 -user myusername -pswd anything123 -comport /dev/ttyACM0 -powermode eco -ao_mode 1

from within
Code:
Apollo-Miner-Binaries/Apollo II/linux-x86_64

The program starts fine, but I get stuck waiting for the device:

Code:
>>> Waiting for USB /dev/ttyACM0 [43] !!!
>>> Waiting for USB /dev/ttyACM0 [44] !!!

I verified that it's the right device:

Code:
$ ls -al /dev/tty*

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166,  0 Jun 11 01:53 /dev/ttyACM0

I have the unit plugged in, turned on, and connected via USB. I can hear the fans spinning, and the status LED is white on the front.

Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I added permissions and changed owners of the device and now it seems to be working! For example:
Code:
$ sudo chmod +rwx /dev/ttyACM0
$ sudo chown myuser /dev/ttyACM0
PegasusNZ

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 02:49:40 AM

Code:

you should have added your user to the dailout group
Jota_US

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 06:05:09 AM

Anyone had a successful flash to 2.0.5? I'm a bit weary to upgrade until others report some success, don't have time currently to stuff around reflashing SD cards

It seems it's worked for me because the node is running and the solo mining works.. but i can't reach the dashboard via the browser. Didn't test to plug the apollo directly by hdmi.

Same here, update seem to have worked and the miner is hashing but cannot access the dashboard. IP is the same (scanned with Angry IP scanner)
WeAreAllSatNak

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 01:47:40 PM

Code:

you should have added your user to the dailout group

Thank you, that seems to be the correct solution!
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2137
Merit: 1398

View Profile
June 11, 2024, 03:26:31 PM

Anyone had a successful flash to 2.0.5? I'm a bit weary to upgrade until others report some success, don't have time currently to stuff around reflashing SD cards

It seems it's worked for me because the node is running and the solo mining works.. but i can't reach the dashboard via the browser. Didn't test to plug the apollo directly by hdmi.

Same here, update seem to have worked and the miner is hashing but cannot access the dashboard. IP is the same (scanned with Angry IP scanner)

There is a chance the update failed if there is no UI (api is just a git pull so all the backend stuff will work, we rebuild the whole UI locally during the update so if something times out or crashes during update it will kill the UI).

OTA update process is something we need to revamp that we didn't get to in OS 2.

Will have the 2.0.5 image up later today or you can try reflashing to 2.0.4 and try the update again (make sure you dont touch the device for at least half an hour and wait for it to reboot).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
cipherbreak

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 04:43:06 AM

Update now reboots system, if you are accessing over web ui on another device the IP address most likely changed on reboot and you'll need to enter new ip address

Keep in mind update takes a while (15-30 minutes since whole UI is rebuilt from source) so it will get stuck in the 60-70% range for a while, dont touch or reboot the system until it reboots by itself otherwise the build will fail and you'll get a broken UI.

I'll have the 2.0.5 images up today (or you can re-image using 2.0.4 and try the OTA update again).

How do I find a new IP address? The full node made no indication of a new IP and simply doesn’t load.

Download an IP scanner or log into your router settings/app this list the devices.

These URLs should also work if you are on a Mac/linux machine to avoid needing ips..

futurebit-apollo-2.local

futurebit-apollo-btc.local

None of the above worked so I just reflashed the OS. Went through setup as normal and tried upgrading again. Everything seemed fine but the version still states 2.0.4 with an option to upgrade to 2.0.5. Any idea why? I am using the native UI of the apollo 2 full node.

Nevermind! It seems to have worked because when I logged in on another device on my network, it properly reflected the new 2.0.5 version. I then reloaded my browser on the unit and it is showing the correct version. Thanks for all the help!

Mine is behaving similarly after upgrading to v2.0.5, it seems to be successful after installing it OTA and rebooting eventually (and the hashrate font is noticeably bigger after that), but it seems to eventually revert back somehow and loads the old 2.0.4 version of the site, the font gets small again, and then the power button flashes and offers an upgrade again, labelled v2.0.4beta at the bottom of the power button menu.  However, doing a full refresh of the tab, or opening it in a new browser tab, brings it all back to 2.0.5 with the bigger font... for a while at least.  This keeps happening so far, this loop.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 05:12:13 AM

Update now reboots system, if you are accessing over web ui on another device the IP address most likely changed on reboot and you'll need to enter new ip address

Keep in mind update takes a while (15-30 minutes since whole UI is rebuilt from source) so it will get stuck in the 60-70% range for a while, dont touch or reboot the system until it reboots by itself otherwise the build will fail and you'll get a broken UI.

I'll have the 2.0.5 images up today (or you can re-image using 2.0.4 and try the OTA update again).

How do I find a new IP address? The full node made no indication of a new IP and simply doesn’t load.

Download an IP scanner or log into your router settings/app this list the devices.

These URLs should also work if you are on a Mac/linux machine to avoid needing ips..

futurebit-apollo-2.local

None of the above worked so I just reflashed the OS. Went through setup as normal and tried upgrading again. Everything seemed fine but the version still states 2.0.4 with an option to upgrade to 2.0.5. Any idea why? I am using the native UI of the apollo 2 full node.

Nevermind! It seems to have worked because when I logged in on another device on my network, it properly reflected the new 2.0.5 version. I then reloaded my browser on the unit and it is showing the correct version. Thanks for all the help!

Mine is behaving similarly after upgrading to v2.0.5, it seems to be successful after installing it OTA and rebooting eventually (and the hashrate font is noticeably bigger after that), but it seems to eventually revert back somehow and loads the old 2.0.4 version of the site, the font gets small again, and then the power button flashes and offers an upgrade again, labelled v2.0.4beta at the bottom of the power button menu.  However, doing a full refresh of the tab, or opening it in a new browser tab, brings it all back to 2.0.5 with the bigger font... for a while at least.  This keeps happening so far, this loop.

Restart your browser/ clear your browser cache, it's saving the old version of the site that keeps getting loaded.

Some browsers are worse than others with this behavior.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
hamish.macewan

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 05:54:03 AM

In "Bitcoin node configuration" I've added:

connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.90
connect=192.168.1.159

But since v2.0.5 that has appeared in /opt/apolloapi/backend/node/bitcoin.conf as:

#USER_INPUT_START
connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.50
#USER_INPUT_END

I've reluctantly taken to editing that file by hand to correct this, and to shut-off the upnp attempts.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 08:45:35 PM

In "Bitcoin node configuration" I've added:

connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.90
connect=192.168.1.159

But since v2.0.5 that has appeared in /opt/apolloapi/backend/node/bitcoin.conf as:

#USER_INPUT_START
connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.50
connect=192.168.1.50
#USER_INPUT_END

I've reluctantly taken to editing that file by hand to correct this, and to shut-off the upnp attempts.

Thanks will look into whats causing this parsing bug

cipherbreak

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2024, 08:49:18 PM

futurebit-apollo-2.local

Restart your browser/ clear your browser cache, it's saving the old version of the site that keeps getting loaded.

Thanks, tried that, so far it's working and hasn't loaded the old version of the site.  FYI, when this issue is happening, the web interface is trying to download/install the new version over and over, so it might be worse than a visual/cache issue, depending on what is actually happening there.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 04:54:23 PM

futurebit-apollo-2.local

Thanks, tried that, so far it's working and hasn't loaded the old version of the site.  FYI, when this issue is happening, the web interface is trying to download/install the new version over and over, so it might be worse than a visual/cache issue, depending on what is actually happening there.

You mean the update button is orange? yea if its loading the old UI it will think its on the old version and prompt you again for the update (it does not do anything unless you force the update though).

Have to keep in mind the Apollo is essentially a web server, so while it serves your browser the latest version on the device itself, modern web browsers are designed for speed and efficiency and rely heavily on cache which causes weird issues like this that can only be resolved with a cache clean after an update.

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 09:59:22 PM

Apollo OS v2.0.5 image releases are out:

https://github.com/jstefanop/apolloapi-v2/releases/tag/v2.0.5

Anyone with OTA upgrade issues can upgrade with this reflash, this is the first non beta stable release that will be officially pushed to all Apollo BTC users still on the old UI. Everyone that has not tested the beta now is the time to upgrade!

johnstewart

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 10:51:19 PM

Anyone with OTA upgrade issues can upgrade with this reflash, this is the first non beta stable release that will be officially pushed to all Apollo BTC users still on the old UI. Everyone that has not tested the beta now is the time to upgrade!

After a lot of updates from the gui without success to reach the dashboard and I just flashed the fresh released image and …. Same behavior can’t reach the dashboard ( cleared the cache of all my browser, tried on differents computers phones ect … ) seems that a firewall problem ? I haven’t got any issues with the 2.0.4 beta …
I have an MCU1
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 10:58:48 PM

After a lot of updates from the gui without success to reach the dashboard and I just flashed the fresh released image and …. Same behavior can’t reach the dashboard ( cleared the cache of all my browser, tried on differents computers phones ect … ) seems that a firewall problem ? I haven’t got any issues with the 2.0.4 beta …
I have an MCU1

Are you able to access the dashboard when you log in via a monitor?

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2024, 11:03:18 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2024, 11:23:32 PM by jstefanop

FYI can confirm etcher has a bug in latest release on Mac that causes it to fail flashing from a .img.xz file. Workaround for now is to decompress the file first and then flash.

Not sure if this is happening on windows/linux.

EDIT: yea latest release is garbage. balena screwed up a nice app when they bought them.

Latest stable release I can find that works on Mac/linux is this release: https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/releases/tag/v1.18.11

slurfius

Activity: 104
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 03:45:55 AM

my internet went down. After the provider got it back online the apollo two needed restarted now the miner connects to the pool but the node has this error -111 ECONNREFUSED I have rebooted it several times
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 03:08:58 PM

my internet went down. After the provider got it back online the apollo two needed restarted now the miner connects to the pool but the node has this error -111 ECONNREFUSED I have rebooted it several times

was there a power outage as well? Might have corrupted your node if you keep seeing this. You can either reformat the whole node drive in settings our reach out to support so they can try and debug it for you (might be able to recover with a reindex of chainstate).

ared4

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2024, 08:37:40 PM

Hello all,
I just got my full node apollo 2 preorder, followed the set-up instructions with HDMI connection and after 20 mins the fans don't slow, and it doesn't boot to the log-in screen. I have also tried the ethernet setup with similar results, fans do not slow, and device does not show up on my list of connected devices on my router. Any tips from here?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2024, 01:06:39 PM

Hello all,
I just got my full node apollo 2 preorder, followed the set-up instructions with HDMI connection and after 20 mins the fans don't slow, and it doesn't boot to the log-in screen. I have also tried the ethernet setup with similar results, fans do not slow, and device does not show up on my list of connected devices on my router. Any tips from here?

Sounds like it's not booting, make sure SD card is firmly in slot (click in/out) and try flashing the card with latest image release. Reach out to support if you are still having issues.

https://www.futurebit.io/flashing-sd-card

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 »
  Print  

Jump to: