Bitcoin Forum
September 09, 2024, 08:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo II/BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 44490 times)
Wolf_schiesst

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2024, 02:29:23 PM

Result (i am not sure, whether I should update the kept back ones with "sudo apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade" or not):
Note: The Ubuntu Pro ESM Apps nag message can be ignored IMHO or removed (see https://askubuntu.com/questions/1452519/what-are-the-services-apt-news-and-esm-cache-and-how-do-i-disable-them/)

Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi4-lts armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi4-lts-current armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-jammy-desktop-gnome armbian-plymouth-theme armbian-zsh libharfbuzz0b linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 linux-u-boot-orangepi4-lts-current python3-apport python3-problem-report python3-update-manager update-manager update-manager-core
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.

Can anyone please give me some advise on this?
Joelnolan

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 04:08:05 AM

What would the power and frequency settings need to be in the custom Miner Modes setting option if I wanted something between ECO & Balanced? I just picked up an Apollo 2 Node and Standard to combine with the Apollo 1 standard.
PennyBit

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 09:56:07 PM

What would the power and frequency settings need to be in the custom Miner Modes setting option if I wanted something between ECO & Balanced? I just picked up an Apollo 2 Node and Standard to combine with the Apollo 1 standard.

Although this may or not be much help, it really depends on "how much" between (higher side or lower side of the in-between) of what your looking for. In other words, I've played with a few custom settings in the 40% - 45% power settings with a frequency between 40 - 45 and achieved what you may or may not be looking for. But you kind of have to experiment a little to fit your needs. Just don't max out the settings (it's too much for the system) and you'll be safe. Cheers!
PennyBit

View Profile
August 28, 2024, 10:50:20 PM

Result (i am not sure, whether I should update the kept back ones with "sudo apt-get --with-new-pkgs upgrade" or not):
Note: The Ubuntu Pro ESM Apps nag message can be ignored IMHO or removed (see https://askubuntu.com/questions/1452519/what-are-the-services-apt-news-and-esm-cache-and-how-do-i-disable-them/)

Code:
The following packages have been kept back:
armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi4-lts armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi4-lts-current armbian-config armbian-firmware armbian-jammy-desktop-gnome armbian-plymouth-theme armbian-zsh libharfbuzz0b linux-dtb-current-rockchip64 linux-image-current-rockchip64 linux-u-boot-orangepi4-lts-current python3-apport python3-problem-report python3-update-manager update-manager update-manager-core
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.

Can anyone please give me some advise on this?

I would assume you're not running headless and are using the Apollo via keyboard & Monitor which would indicate you're asking about upgrading the Linux OS on the Apollo. Yes? If so, don't. As I recall, Futurebit advises to NOT update the installed Ubuntu 22.04 OS. Now, if I'm wrong on this or misunderstood your question I apologize. But I would avoid any Ubuntu upgrades via "sudo" until Futurebit approves it. Just my opinion.
Joelnolan

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 03:44:09 AM

Although this may or not be much help, it really depends on "how much" between (higher side or lower side of the in-between) of what your looking for. In other words, I've played with a few custom settings in the 40% - 45% power settings with a frequency between 40 - 45 and achieved what you may or may not be looking for. But you kind of have to experiment a little to fit your needs. Just don't max out the settings (it's too much for the system) and you'll be safe. Cheers!

Thanks so much I’ll give it a shot
Joelnolan

View Profile
August 29, 2024, 06:51:44 PM

John sorry to both you I just wanted to double check. 2 of my big miners are hosted with Compass Mining, when they ask for mining pool Stratum, all I need to give them is the IP address i used to login to my Apollo dashboard and just add :3333? So it would be something like  1xx.1xx.x.xx:3333 with my bitcoin address as username.
Sledge0001

Activity: 618
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2024, 12:22:38 AM

John sorry to both you I just wanted to double check. 2 of my big miners are hosted with Compass Mining, when they ask for mining pool Stratum, all I need to give them is the IP address i used to login to my Apollo dashboard and just add :3333? So it would be something like  1xx.1xx.x.xx:3333 with my bitcoin address as username.

I have done this personally and here is what you can try.

Steps 1 -4 assume you are using home internet service where your IP address is dynamic and not a static IP

First step:
You will need to make sure you have port forwarding enabled on your router for port 3333 to go to the internal ip address of your Apollo.
You can find this by logging into the gui and clicking on the solo mining option it tells you the internal ip as well as that its port 3333.
(Some routers need a full reboot after setting this configuration)

Second step:
Find your public IP address you can use tools like whatismyip.com

Third step:
Tell Compass to use the stratum code stratum+tcp://YOURPUBLICIP:3333

You can tell the to use your bitcoinaddress.workername with a password of x

Once they do then you then should see your miners hashrate show up on your Apollo / ckpool.

Fourth step (Optional):
If you are using a dynamic IP address look to see if your router offers DDNS (Dynamic DNS) if so configure it with so that you can always route to your public ip in case it changes.

S19J PRO 104TH, S19 PRO 110TH & S19 XP 141TH ASIC MINERS FOR SALE IN CONUS!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5505774.0
Joelnolan

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 03:11:58 AM

John sorry to both you I just wanted to double check. 2 of my big miners are hosted with Compass Mining, when they ask for mining pool Stratum, all I need to give them is the IP address i used to login to my Apollo dashboard and just add :3333? So it would be something like  1xx.1xx.x.xx:3333 with my bitcoin address as username.

Steps 1 -4 assume you are using home internet service where your IP address is dynamic and not a static IP

First step:
You will need to make sure you have port forwarding enabled on your router for port 3333 to go to the internal ip address of your Apollo.
You can find this by logging into the gui and clicking on the solo mining option it tells you the internal ip as well as that its port 3333.

Second step:

Third step:

Once they do then you then should see your miners hashrate show up on your Apollo / ckpool.

Fourth step (Optional):
If you are using a dynamic IP address look to see if your router offers DDNS (Dynamic DNS) if so configure it with so that you can always route to your public ip in case it changes.

This is great! Thanks so much for your help!!! I am definitely not as advanced but no my way around. I use an eero router. DDNS is not enabled. Do I enable that, grab the domain they provide then that's what i give to compass? That way if the external IP changes, the domain always points to it.
TIRMINE

Activity: 117
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 11:37:27 AM

anyone know if there is a fix in place for this error yet? 
[GraphQL error]: Message: Int cannot represent non 32-bit signed integer value: 2793209866

I reached out to FutureBit support a month ago and they told me that a fix would go out that week, and then the week after that.  Still nothing.  They said I could just restart the miner, but I'd prefer not rebooting the miner every other day.
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2024, 12:51:31 PM

First step:

Second step:

Third step:

Fourth step (Optional):

This is great! Thanks so much for your help!!! I am definitely not as advanced but no my way around. I use an eero router. DDNS is not enabled. Do I enable that, grab the domain they provide then that's what i give to compass? That way if the external IP changes, the domain always points to it.

You must enable port forwarding regardless!

Yes, if ddns is available, then 100% use the domain they provide with :3333 at the end.

Give Compass that ddns info as your stratum, but make sure you include the :3333 at the end of the ddns domain.

Joelnolan

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 03:39:00 PM

First step:

Second step:

Third step:

Fourth step (Optional):

Yes, if ddns is available, then 100% use the domain they provide with :3333 at the end.

Give Compass that ddns info as your stratum, but make sure you include the :3333 at the end of the ddns domain.

Perfect!! Thanks so much!!
PennyBit

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 06:49:12 PM

Quick question to you Apollo II miners out there . . .

Has anyone tried using a USB hub / splitter to expand the ability of the full node unit to except more than two standard hashing units via USB? Thanks.
PennyBit

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 06:56:53 PM

anyone know if there is a fix in place for this error yet? 
[GraphQL error]: Message: Int cannot represent non 32-bit signed integer value: 2793209866

I reached out to FutureBit support a month ago and they told me that a fix would go out that week, and then the week after that.  Still nothing.  They said I could just restart the miner, but I'd prefer not rebooting the miner every other day.

As far as I know the fix is in v2.0.6 yet to be released. Cheers!
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2024, 07:22:24 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2024, 07:54:58 PM by Sledge0001

Has anyone tried using a USB hub / splitter to expand the ability of the full node unit to except more than two standard hashing units via USB? Thanks.

Yes I have used 4 port usb 3.0 non powered hubs to add more than 3 standards to the full node. Works great.

Here is the exact hub from Amazon:
https://a.co/d/2gniDhk

PennyBit

View Profile
August 30, 2024, 07:38:56 PM

Yes I have used 4 port usb 3.0 non powered hubs to add more than 3 standards to the full node. Works great.

Excellent! Thanks for the info.
Joelnolan

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 07:40:08 PM

The usb connector on the back of my old apollo standard unit popped off the board when I was disconnecting to move. Anyone have recommendations to get this fixed? I'm happy to even try to solder it back myself. Total rookie but could be fun.

I 'm trying to connect all of my old units to my new node.
PennyBit

View Profile
August 31, 2024, 08:01:59 PM

The usb connector on the back of my old apollo standard unit popped off the board when I was disconnecting to move. Anyone have recommendations to get this fixed? I'm happy to even try to solder it back myself. Total rookie but could be fun.

I 'm trying to connect all of my old units to my new node.

Unless you're pretty good at soldering / reflowing I would recommend a local shop. Basically any shop that repairs motherboards / logic boards and the like can do it fairly inexpensively providing the USB is the only issue. I understand there are some mail in services as well but I've never used any myself. I'd try your local shops first.
Joelnolan

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 01:09:06 AM

First step:

Second step:

Third step:

Fourth step (Optional):

Thanks again for your help. After I set the ddns and I try to remote in form another device, it doesn’t work when I go to port 3333 and when I got to 8332 which is open as well and that’s where the dashboard says to go to access the node I get this message “ JSONRPC server handles only POST requests”

Any idea what I could be doing incorrectly?

Cheers
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2024, 02:59:56 PM

First step:

Second step:

Third step:

Fourth step (Optional):

Thanks again for your help. After I set the ddns and I try to remote in form another device, it doesn’t work when I go to port 3333 and when I got to 8332 which is open as well and that’s where the dashboard says to go to access the node I get this message “ JSONRPC server handles only POST requests”

Cheers

Sounds like you don't have the port forwarding set correctly in your router to be honest.

The forwarding of port 3333 will be used for the external stratum connections / mining pool connectivity.

So if you forward port 3333 from your WAN to your Apollo's internal LAN IP then you should be able to connect miners from outside your LAN to stratum+tcp://YOURPUBLICIP:3333 or stratum+tcp://YOURDDNSDOMAINNAME:3333 .

You can test your IP address and confirm if the port is open through your router here just make sure you change the port to 3333 for testing: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

8332 is the port you need to open for the node to communicate and connect up to 32 connections. If you don't see more than 28 connections to your node then this is also not configured properly.

Hope this helps.

Joelnolan

View Profile
September 01, 2024, 07:28:18 PM

First step:

Second step:

Third step:

Fourth step (Optional):

Cheers

Sounds like you don't have the port forwarding set correctly in your router to be honest.

The forwarding of port 3333 will be used for the external stratum connections / mining pool connectivity.

So if you forward port 3333 from your WAN to your Apollo's internal LAN IP then you should be able to connect miners from outside your LAN to stratum+tcp://YOURPUBLICIP:3333 or stratum+tcp://YOURDDNSDOMAINNAME:3333 .

You can test your IP address and confirm if the port is open through your router here just make sure you change the port to 3333 for testing: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

8332 is the port you need to open for the node to communicate and connect up to 32 connections. If you don't see more than 28 connections to your node then this is also not configured properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I just tested and everything is open. Thanks so much for the details. So if I wanted to login to my dashboard from outside of my network, do we know which port needs to be open and how I actually get into it?

I figured out how to remote into my mac last night but I had to download an app. then put the YOURPUBLICIP:5900 - Is there something else I need in order to access dashboard from outside of the network?
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: