Bitcoin Forum
September 10, 2024, 09:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo II/BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 44548 times)
Joelnolan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 01:32:11 AM

I have miners about to be pointed from offsite locations to my apollo 2 node. Is there are way for me to see each offsite miner on the dashboard so I know if and when a minter is offline?

Right now I have 5 miners working but Only see 4 in the total pools and hashboards section.

Cheers

I know this was requested by me to be fixed in the next release. Hopefully we will see this soon!

Awesome!! Did you ever get a rough estimate on release?
Sledge0001

Activity: 619
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2024, 01:46:28 AM

I have miners about to be pointed from offsite locations to my apollo 2 node. Is there are way for me to see each offsite miner on the dashboard so I know if and when a minter is offline?

Right now I have 5 miners working but Only see 4 in the total pools and hashboards section.

Cheers

I know this was requested by me to be fixed in the next release. Hopefully we will see this soon!

Unfortunately not but I do know its a work in progress.

S19J PRO 104TH, S19 PRO 110TH & S19 XP 141TH ASIC MINERS FOR SALE IN CONUS!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5505774.0
Joelnolan

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 04:56:55 AM

Cheers

Unfortunately not but I do know its a work in progress.

Exciting! I'm so pumped to be sending some more hashrate to my own node.
Joelnolan

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 05:20:33 AM

Just set up the apollo 2 node. Fully synced and it seems to keep disconnecting. My apollo 1 node never had any issues and I just disconnected today. The Apollo 2 node has port 3333 open.

Also on the dashboard whenever it says i'm disconnected from the CKpool the power button at the top right flashes a yellow/orange and when I click it I see at the button under version a red exclamation point next to V2.0.5. Any ideas why I keep randomly getting disconnected even though my internet is still up?
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2024, 02:53:40 PM

Just set up the apollo 2 node. Fully synced and it seems to keep disconnecting. My apollo 1 node never had any issues and I just disconnected today. The Apollo 2 node has port 3333 open.

Also on the dashboard whenever it says i'm disconnected from the CKpool the power button at the top right flashes a yellow/orange and when I click it I see at the button under version a red exclamation point next to V2.0.5. Any ideas why I keep randomly getting disconnected even though my internet is still up?

What is disconnecting the network (are you hardwired or running on wireless?) , is it the internal node, internal miner, external miner (connected via USB) or network connected miner (on the LAN or coming through the WAN) ??

Are you seeing more than 12 connections to the node?

I have several PH remotely and locally mining through to my Apollo II full node with no issues at all. My node is hardwired though.

I highly recommend going hardwired if you are solomining to reduce network latency.

Also you may just want to actually shut the Apollo II down fully for a few minutes and restart and let the services come up gracefully without clicking on things. If that doesn't work I would reflash to play it safe.

iomon

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 05:37:58 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2024, 06:34:05 PM by iomon

Hi All,

Do we need the bellow two options in the ckpool.conf or used as defaults?

"nonce1length": 4,
 "nonce2length": 8,

BTW, Synch finished few hours ago and solo is up and running. Nvme is 71% Used  Wink

yasirabs

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 06:42:01 PM

Hi, thanks for sharing the config! Regarding the two options:

"nonce1length": Usually set to 4 by default for solo mining.
"nonce2length": Typically set to 8 as a default.
Unless you're customizing your setup, leaving these as default values should be fine. Glad to hear your sync is complete and running smoothly! Keep an eye on that NVMe usage, though—71% seems like it's getting up there!
Joelnolan

View Profile
September 09, 2024, 11:32:34 PM

What is disconnecting the network (are you hardwired or running on wireless?) , is it the internal node, internal miner, external miner (connected via USB) or network connected miner (on the LAN or coming through the WAN) ??

I have several PH remotely and locally mining through to my Apollo II full node with no issues at all. My node is hardwired though.

I highly recommend going hardwired if you are solomining to reduce network latency.

Also you may just want to actually shut the Apollo II down fully for a few minutes and restart and let the services come up gracefully without clicking on things. If that doesn't work I would reflash to play it safe.

I was on wifi. I put it in the exact spot my old node was in and man its rough. I had 31 connections then it would just disconnect. I ended up moving and hardwiring.  It the internal node and all external miners disconnecting.

I check latency on wifi and im at 18ms-23ms
PennyBit

Activity: 25

View Profile
Today at 12:05:31 AM

I was on wifi. I put it in the exact spot my old node was in and man its rough. I had 31 connections then it would just disconnect. I ended up moving and hardwiring.  It the internal node and all external miners disconnecting.

Maybe this helps or maybe not . . . but I had some early wifi issues and I turned my unit on it's side and it seemed to help directionally - but I eventually hardwired it and that was much better. Also, something I found in Futurebit's guide mentioned the following . . .

"Please note our wi controller only works reliably on 2.4GHz wifi networks. 5GHz/Mixed 2.4/5GHz network
might not connect. Most routers have options to separate the networks on two separate SSIDs. Use the 2.4GHz
network to connect your Apollo if using wifi."

Cheers!
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
Today at 01:13:53 AM

I was on wifi. I put it in the exact spot my old node was in and man its rough. I had 31 connections then it would just disconnect. I ended up moving and hardwiring.  It the internal node and all external miners disconnecting.

Hardwired is the way!

I'd be willing to bet now the ping time to the same device cabled should be < or = to 1ms

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124]
  Print  

Jump to: