Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:25:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I created game 6 years ago, and then NFT, but it did not end with success  (Read 108 times)
cryptosyor (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 11:46:08 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2021, 02:56:21 PM by cryptosyor

I published all my characters that I created 6 years ago. They were drawn for my first game. At that time I was just studying programming and knew how to use Photoshop a little. I wanted to make some simple, interesting but difficult game. At the time, there was a popular game called Flappy Bird. I saw how many clones were created by other developers and the popularity of these games skyrocketed in the ratings following the original. I didn't want to copy, so I decided to do something similar. The developers of the Flappy Bird made another game that also became popular - Swing Copters. I took these games, mixed them, added something of my own, and that's how I got the game - Top Heights. Unfortunately my game hasn't become popular.

And now I saw a new trend - these are nft tokens. I thought maybe this time, at least someone will be interesting to my creation. I also took those images that I had in the archive. Each character was like an achievement in the game that could be unlocked.

It seemed to me that this is an interesting idea and story for the nft token. I registered on opensea, figured out how to create nft tokens, and minted them. As a result, an nft token was obtained for each character.

I started posting them on reddit, bitcointalk, but this time nobody was interested in them either. But I'll be honest - it was very exciting and interesting for me.

https://imgur.com/NDJw8r2
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 12:18:08 PM

I published all my characters that I created 6 years ago. They were drawn for my first game. At that time I was just studying programming and knew how to use Photoshop a little. I wanted to make some simple, interesting but difficult game. At the time, there was a popular game called Flappy Bird. I saw how many clones were created by other developers and the popularity of these games skyrocketed in the ratings following the original. I didn't want to copy, so I decided to do something similar. The developers of the Flappy Bird made another game that also became popular - Swing Copters. I took these games, mixed them, added something of my own, and that's how I got the game - Top Heights. Unfortunately my game hasn't become popular.

And now I saw a new trend - these are nft tokens. I thought maybe this time, at least someone will be interesting to my creation. I also took those images that I had in the archive. Each character was like an achievement in the game that could be unlocked.

It seemed to me that this is an interesting idea and story for the nft token. I registered on opensea, figured out how to create nft tokens, and minted them. As a result, an nft token was obtained for each character.

I started posting them on reddit, bitcointalk, but this time nobody was interested in them either. But I'll be honest - it was very exciting and interesting for me.

IMO that's what matters the most, learning experience. By doing what you did, you have the advantage over more than 99% of people who are "into crypto".
Every chance to get educated is a win in my book
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1231

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 05:46:25 PM

Do you think your #NFT is has some value, rare or other think?

I see the image and IMO since you are using a character for a flappy bird it self there should have some doubt on your #NFT as well from the copyright issue who is the original owner of that mascot. Take a good side, even you can't sell the #NFT but you can learn how to deploy and minted your own NFT.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cryptosyor (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 08:36:01 PM

Do you think your #NFT is has some value, rare or other think?

I see the image and IMO since you are using a character for a flappy bird it self there should have some doubt on your #NFT as well from the copyright issue who is the original owner of that mascot. Take a good side, even you can't sell the #NFT but you can learn how to deploy and minted your own NFT.

I drew my characters myself, inspired by characters from flappy bird
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 11:59:34 PM

Don’t lose hope and keep going. I believe there are a lot artists like you are just waiting to be discovered, with your experience you probably learn a lot from it just continue what you are doing and motivate yourself. Some artists entering NFT’s may have same or longer experiences like you before they hit the pot.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 04:06:12 AM

making something that "sells" is actually thousand if not million times harder than what people think, I know because I've experienced myself and same with you I think, it doesn't matter if the products we offered is high quality, unique or rare but if there's no demand for it or no one know it then it's as good as not even existing. Too many factors need to be considered including marketing, how to build community, etc. I think if you see the flappy bird developer that you mentioned and how he can easily score a new top games it has something to do with his track record.
I was a mobile app developer as well and i've tried creating app again and again none of them ever make it to among top applications that I just dropped it, and now i'm just focusing in increasing my skills first and probably gonna continue my path again after all I got many times to do it and I'm happy as well.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 266

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 04:57:07 AM

Not every good art had the million dollar price tag only if it comes from the people who are already popular already in the art field, so you should be a popular member before expecting your art to be sold atleast for some price.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 05:23:19 AM

In the world of gaming and also similar in cryptocurrency, DeFi and NFT, there is no guarantee that anything can be successful. The whole world is full of litters of people who tried but failed- yet we are still continuing on trying because giving up is not an option. Only people who persist and are not giving up on their dreams will eventually get the trophy. I am sure you learned this big lesson early on. Now, with the trend of NFT becoming unstoppable, I am sure there is a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills once again. Good luck, more power.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
cryptosyor (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 08:50:40 PM

Don’t lose hope and keep going. I believe there are a lot artists like you are just waiting to be discovered, with your experience you probably learn a lot from it just continue what you are doing and motivate yourself. Some artists entering NFT’s may have same or longer experiences like you before they hit the pot.

Yes it is
With this post I wanted to show that even if failures happen, you need to keep going further, gain experience and at some point still achieve success.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: