Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:16:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Ethereum  (Read 364 times)
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 12:11:22 AM

It is best to consult a tax accountant about that rather than posting it here in this forum. Each country has their own tax rule especially in crypto and most users here might have just googled their answer to share their opinion. The only one who can assist you better here will be an expert.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:11:21 AM

I wonder how tax in crypto works, does it have tax every trades that we got profits ? how if we take another trades with the profits we made before and at the end we loss, does the tax is still charged ? i think it's more fair to calculate all the profits by the end of the year rather than taxed every trades
lepbagong

Activity: 2310
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:21:00 AM

I don't think this is the right time to sell your ETH, but holding or buying is a very good decision right now, because the price of the eth is dropping drastically, I am sure that in the next few months etherem will rise again and be able to touch its new ATH, hopefully  you are not wrong in making decisions,,,,,
right, the action that should be done, because ethereum has just reached its ATH must experience a very sharp decline even to reach 40% of the ATH that was recently received.
Of course this is definitely a big blow from ethereum because the upgrades received are not too long. I agree if you really want to buy it is the best option because renewable ATH will be created again.

I think he is doing goods. I guess he wants to get back his initial investment for safety reason and left the remaining funds to hold or trade it. I think it's a smart choice as ETH are not stable right now.
I do this sometimes when my profit is like x2 or x3. I withdraw my initial investment and left the remaining funds to invest in another altcoin.
it's true what you said that ethereum is unstable at the moment, but not just ethereum but all of them have had a very deep correction and all are experiencing it. so it's a natural thing because everything is at its lowest point.
whatever you do may be right but right now everything is down and so are altcoins, but if you want to move to altcoins there is nothing wrong because the same will also increase when bitcoin, ethereum increases.

sumant
Copper Member

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:25:40 AM

Every coin who has it's own blockchain we should keep some of these coins for future transfer from their wallet because these types of coins will definitely will gain in prices. Ethereum has its own blockchain with real use case. We can sell some part of Ethereum if anyone holding many Ethereums. Eth has been a great coin in past time and I hope this will be much more in future. So its up to traders or investors want to sell or hold.
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 07:16:15 AM

If I invested 30k in Ethereum and when my investment goes up to 60k, and I sell 30k just to get my initial investment back, will I be taxed on that? I live in the United States and just bought Ethereum this year.
I sold some ETH and will likely sell more during the ETH 2.0 hype. I used the funds to buy NEAR.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 07:25:48 AM

Of course, everyone has to pay taxes. However, the cryptocurrency space is free. And there are no regulators. So why pay taxes in a decentralized environment?  I am more than true that there are companies in the USA that are willing to pay cash for cryptocurrency.

Of course, if you are making a big return on investment, you should better study your country's legislation. That would not break the laws.  Grin

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 08:26:59 AM

If I invested 30k in Ethereum and when my investment goes up to 60k, and I sell 30k just to get my initial investment back, will I be taxed on that? I live in the United States and just bought Ethereum this year.

In each country the regulations and taxes for different things are different mate. If you are not sure what to do, you better consult a professional accountant.

This can save you a lot of headaches and even tax trouble, which are very sensitive to the crypto world these days.
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 11:21:12 AM

From what I have heard from crypto people in the US, you have to pay for capital tax gains if you purchased crypto and made profits from it then you should really try and get it done as quickly as possible so they don't come to you later on. In other countries filing for capital isn't that necessary or not even required but in US, its mandated. I know there's a way to waiver it or reduce it but I'm not sure how. Maybe someone in crypto based in US can clarify more
Unfortunately I don't have friends in the US, so I can't find out more about this, and if it's something that crypto players have to obey, then it's okay to follow the rules that have been made, because in my country, it does not apply.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████