Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:18:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gearing up to buy some GPUs soon  (Read 208 times)
HardCore12V (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 03:08:59 PM

After all the ups and down in crypto value since last year I'm able to afford 5000$ for mining rigs, I made most of the money from crypto trading lol thanks to mango research on YouTube, anyways do anyone have the exact time frame when GPUs will be back to normal price again?

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 03:17:13 PM

Dude if you made so good profit from trading it is good to stick with it. Not many people can profit from trading easily.in bearmarket there will be cheap cards for sure but to make 5k from mining is difficult in bearmarket.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 08:04:30 PM
Merited by mak013 (1)

Don't expect cheap prices for video cards this year. Miners will not immediately sell video cards after the Ethereum price drop.
I think everyone will mine Ethereum as long as it is possible, because then there will never be such an opportunity.
Ethereum is one of the most promising coins on the crypto market.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 03:12:08 AM

Dude if you made so good profit from trading it is good to stick with it. Not many people can profit from trading easily.in bearmarket there will be cheap cards for sure but to make 5k from mining is difficult in bearmarket.

He probably just wants to diversify. Nothing wrong with that. Mining is considered passive income pretty much. You get paid while you sleep. With trading, alot of it is more or less based on luck.

Besides the month of May, everybody made killer gains with crypto, especially some alts like Doge or BNB or some DeFI. However it won't always be like this. Look at how many people got liquidated when BTC crashed down to $30K. Almost a million traders got liquidated. Probably more are sitting holding a bag from buying BTC at like $56000 and ETH at like $3000.

When GPUs will be cheaper? Who knows. Mining profits are lower, so many people won't overpay for GPUs and prices will come down.

VRExpress

Activity: 263
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 04:25:25 AM

It's a matter of time, all you need is to be patience, I'm looking into 1st quarter of 2022 the max, bullrun will not be able to keep up next year if it manages to survive till December 2021, mind you this is just my own prediction

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 07:02:22 AM

GPU prices goes down about 6-12 months after big dump. I think you can invest your money in smth else for several months. Right now may be chance to buy cryptocurrencies but surely not GPU.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
ANSEL_2.0

Activity: 271
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 09:17:56 AM

GPU prices goes down about 6-12 months after big dump. I think you can invest your money in smth else for several months. Right now may be chance to buy cryptocurrencies but surely not GPU.
How about someone looking for a passive income because buying coins and holding won't bring anything to the table until they add value which can take even longer than expected, the reason why I invest in crypto mining is to get returns always and use that profit for something else, another thing is EIP1559 this can make things goes wrong for miners since ETH remains the most profitable coin to mine till date

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
batsonxl

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 07:20:58 PM

He probably just wants to diversify. Nothing wrong with that. Mining is considered passive income pretty much. You get paid while you sleep. With trading, alot of it is more or less based on luck.

Besides the month of May, everybody made killer gains with crypto, especially some alts like Doge or BNB or some DeFI. However it won't always be like this. Look at how many people got liquidated when BTC crashed down to $30K. Almost a million traders got liquidated. Probably more are sitting holding a bag from buying BTC at like $56000 and ETH at like $3000.

When GPUs will be cheaper? Who knows. Mining profits are lower, so many people won't overpay for GPUs and prices will come down.
That exactly made me surprise while other people liquidated this one made profit which is good success.
Toshko

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 07:32:52 PM

What are you planning to mine? If you only rely on ETH, it will be "quite hard" after their update.
StormHawk

Activity: 219
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 07:41:57 PM

Chill for now, very soon GPUs will become cheaper and cheaper because of ethereum updates (EIP1559) even right now ETHEREUM mining isn't as profitable as before because the value have dropped alot

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 11:10:51 PM

Chill for now, very soon GPUs will become cheaper and cheaper because of ethereum updates (EIP1559) even right now ETHEREUM mining isn't as profitable as before because the value have dropped alot
Remember that Ether is not the only coin one can mine using GPUs so miners will look for the next profitable coins like vertcoin, Monero, Ravencoin, Ethereum Classic etc before they think of selling them especially during this Bull run.

I would say one has to wait till several months into a serious bear market like one that happened from 2018-2020 to be able to buy GPUs cheaply.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 30, 2021, 03:29:41 PM

Remember that Ether is not the only coin one can mine using GPUs so miners will look for the next profitable coins like vertcoin, Monero, Ravencoin, Ethereum Classic etc before they think of selling them especially during this Bull run.

I would say one has to wait till several months into a serious bear market like one that happened from 2018-2020 to be able to buy GPUs cheaply.
Coins like vertcoin and Monero will only be able to keep up if bull market remains intact if not those coins won't be profitable at all, even ETH mining profit is reducing from time to time, nothing is certain in this crypto space so it's better to be patience and see what happens, it's not a good time to invest in costly GPUs

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 30, 2021, 04:12:19 PM

Keep mining with whatever GPU you have right now and if you have to sell your GPU don't get rid of everything yet because the massive GPU selloff might not happen very soon, probably coming year?

batsonxl

View Profile
May 30, 2021, 05:46:25 PM

Keep mining with whatever GPU you have right now and if you have to sell your GPU don't get rid of everything yet because the massive GPU selloff might not happen very soon, probably coming year?
it will start massive as soon as you will see 50mhs=1$, I allready seeing people selling rigs better prices than last month.
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2021, 06:17:56 PM

Very soon mate very soon, the market looks like it will recover but downward trend is imminent for sure so all you need right now is patience, mind you 30MH per second that's giving people 4$ in this bull season will turn 0.5$ per day and 60MH will bring just 1$ per day, best way is going for GPUs at cheaper rate

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: