Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatsminer M21S firmware (unable to upgrade)  (Read 212 times)
dipepmining (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 28, 2021, 05:13:53 AM

I attempted to download the latest Whatsminer M21S firmware from the following page and upgrade with the WhatsMinerTool:

https://www.whatsminer.com/server/firmware.html?locale=en

My devices came with the following version on them: 20210322.22.REL

When flashing the WhatsMinerTool says successful, but we have no luck.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening or any other firmware files that I could try this would be great.

Additionally, if anyone has any clue how to SSH into one of these that would be great as well.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GFDhd

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2022, 08:40:50 AM

Sadly the link to your firmware is dead, so I don't know if you have the correct firmware installed. It is stated in the latest firmware Whatsminer-M2x-all-20220511.19.bin on the Whatsminer website that if the miner firmware is before 2021, it is recommended to upgrade the firmware after swiping the SD card.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2022, 11:44:36 PM

Sadly the link to your firmware is dead, so I don't know if you have the correct firmware installed. It is stated in the latest firmware Whatsminer-M2x-all-20220511.19.bin on the Whatsminer website that if the miner firmware is before 2021, it is recommended to upgrade the firmware after swiping the SD card.

Have you tried to check when was this thread created? As you can see it was created last year that is why the link you are trying to access is dead but anytime you can go to their new link
- https://www.whatsminer.com/src/views/firmware-download.html

And that firmware .bin file doesn't need an SD card when flashing you need a tool called whatsminer tool or you can directly upgrade it through the browser.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████