Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:14:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polygon (MATIC) vs Ethereum  (Read 653 times)
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 05:32:31 AM

I have some small stash of Matic since a very low price but I will sell it as soon as ETH2 arrival is imminent. ETH2 will kill Matic but I am riding the hype wave till ETH2 comes.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1449

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 05:33:09 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2021, 01:13:32 PM by bbc.reporter

Polygon was a second layer solution for ethereum and it doesn't even compete with ethereum. It was also providing the bridge for the polygon asset to the ethereum asset easily. that being said that if ethereum was not competing with polygon as polygon has the vision to fix ethereum scalability problem through its protocol.

Agreed. It appears not many people in the forum has properly researched these next generation projects. The cryptospace has been evolving very quickly since the last bull market with Defi moving up in market capitalization. I speculate by the end of the bull market we might have 3 Defi tokens in top 10.

However, what would happen to Polygon and other commit chains on Ethereum when Eth 2.0 is completed?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 05:58:13 AM

Polygon has different usecase than ETH so I dont think comparing this two coin is a good idea Polygon is a scaling solutions to blockchains like eth to solve scalability and interoperability and avle to solve transaction fees so its not more on competing eth but to solves some of its issues. 

dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 06:14:06 AM

Polygon has different usecase than ETH so I dont think comparing this two coin is a good idea Polygon is a scaling solutions to blockchains like eth to solve scalability and interoperability and avle to solve transaction fees so its not more on competing eth but to solves some of its issues. 

Yes and because of this it will become unneccessary when ETH2 is here. This is soon so I don't intend to become stuck with a bag of matic.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 06:53:46 AM

The new kid in town (Polygon) has been on the rise lately. Many "De-Fi" lending platforms that were on the Ethereum blockchain have switched to Polygon (MATIC). The reasons for such a move are quite obvious. Ethereum's high fees and slow processing times makes it unsuitable for "De-Fi". It's why some people are moving into alternative smart contract platforms like the one mentioned earlier. If the trend keeps up, Ethereum might lose market dominance as its rivals gain traction in the mainstream world. First it was Polkadot, then it was Binance Chain, and now it's Polygon (MATIC). Which of these platforms will beat Ethereum is yet to be seen.

What do you think? Is Polygon (MATIC) better than Ethereum? If not, why? Do you think Polygon has a chance of overcoming Ethereum in the future? Isn't the market saturated with many smart contract platforms already? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley

It is clear to everyone that Ethereum is not perfect and there is still a lot of work to be done to achieve great results (although Ethereum is still one of the best coins on the market).

Polygon is fast, works well and transactions with it are less than a cent. These are all good reasons for the rapid growth of users of the Polygon.

Honestly, I can't predict whether Polygon will overtake Ethereum, but as you said - if things continue in the same direction, Ethereum has a real chance of losing its dominance.
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 07:46:10 AM

All projects that come from layer 2 have one thing in common: a redundancy operation. I admit Polygon has the best features for the high demand of the crypto industry. However, Ethereum still has friendliness and ease, along with massive supported liquidity. While, Polygon needs one more step from Accendex or MXC or simply Sushi, Quick... Most exchanges like binance, okex, kucoin do not yet support Matic mainnet. Therefore, I rate Ethereum still in a superior position.

But all that could soon change when the layer 2 rally is already on fire.

OcTradism

Activity: 1750
Merit: 807

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 11:54:31 AM

True, I don't agree that Polygon(Matic) compares to Ethereum. Ethereum is extremely far from Polygon(Matic), as we all know Polygon is later 2 sidechain on Ethereum, so it's useless to compare it.
If there is no Ethereum, 100% there is no Polygon(Matic) now.
The same goes for Lightning network and Bitcoin network. Without Bitcoin network, which basement Lightning Network will work on?

Polygon (MATIC) is upgrade to be a layer-2 scaling solution on Ethereum. Polygon is as a derivative and support for Ethereum but it can not be better than Ethereum or replace Ethereum.

It is difficult to compare Bitcoin network and Lightning network then make judgement which one is better.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 12:23:03 PM

The new kid in town (Polygon) has been on the rise lately. Many "De-Fi" lending platforms that were on the Ethereum blockchain have switched to Polygon (MATIC). The reasons for such a move are quite obvious. Ethereum's high fees and slow processing times makes it unsuitable for "De-Fi". It's why some people are moving into alternative smart contract platforms like the one mentioned earlier. If the trend keeps up, Ethereum might lose market dominance as its rivals gain traction in the mainstream world. First it was Polkadot, then it was Binance Chain, and now it's Polygon (MATIC). Which of these platforms will beat Ethereum is yet to be seen.

What do you think? Is Polygon (MATIC) better than Ethereum? If not, why? Do you think Polygon has a chance of overcoming Ethereum in the future? Isn't the market saturated with many smart contract platforms already? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
$NEAR is a better solution than MATIC
rahmathidayat93

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 12:35:44 PM

I have some small stash of Matic since a very low price but I will sell it as soon as ETH2 arrival is imminent. ETH2 will kill Matic but I am riding the hype wave till ETH2 comes.
If indeed that strategy can be very good for you to run, then just continue, because in general ETH will always be more useful, especially if ETH2 is fully usable by everyone, automatically Matic will be devoid of enthusiasts.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 01:03:59 PM

I don't think this is a fair comparison
better compare Polygon with Binance smart chain or fantom

polygons like bsc which are just trying to improve the erc which has recently been charging users extraordinary fees
for the convenience of the fee charged, I prefer polygons which are the cheapest and faster than ethereum

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 01:12:25 PM

If indeed that strategy can be very good for you to run, then just continue, because in general ETH will always be more useful, especially if ETH2 is fully usable by everyone, automatically Matic will be devoid of enthusiasts.
it's also not necessarily true. ETH wins a huge asset but such a lengthy renewal could miss these good market moments.
because if you look at this year belongs to MATIC, BSC, and DOT. you can see how their development keeps the market running quite well.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 01:47:09 PM

Ethereum was a unique coin.It can't compared by any other coin including the Matic.Matic is the good potential coin,no doubt on that.Matic made a many millionaire in a short period.The people who brought at 0.3$ are the luckiest one.Now the matic price was 1.8$,1.5$ per token was the huge rise in altcoin.So they may get huge rise for their brought token.But it can't take the place of Ethereum.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
domoy77

Activity: 811
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 02:26:42 PM

it's also not necessarily true. ETH wins a huge asset but such a lengthy renewal could miss these good market moments.
because if you look at this year belongs to MATIC, BSC, and DOT. you can see how their development keeps the market running quite well.
Actually in general ETH has had a very good development in the cryptocurrency space, even though it feels so long and looks so slow, but the development is very certain, even though you think they missed a good market moment.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 05:14:31 PM

Polygon was a second layer solution for ethereum and it doesn't even compete with ethereum. It was also providing the bridge for the polygon asset to the ethereum asset easily. that being said that if ethereum was not competing with polygon as polygon has the vision to fix ethereum scalability problem through its protocol.

If that's the case, then Polygon will only become a complement to the Ethereum blockchain than a replacement. It seems to me that ETH will remain as the "King of Altcoins" for a long time, as no other blockchain network will be able to compete with it. What matters here is decentralization/censorship-resistance above convenience/ease-of-use. Ethereum may have high fees and slow transaction processing times, but it's the most decentralized smart contract platform available in the world today. I guess that's what has kept it going even with competitors like Binance Chain and Polkadot gaining traction in the mainstream world.

With ETH 2.0 and Sharding along the way, there may be no need to use an alternative smart contract platform to enjoy low fees and blazing-fast transaction confirmation times. ETH will solidify its position as the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap as it becomes bigger and stronger than ever. As some dApps have begun using Polygon (MATIC) for scalability, Ethereum will only grow higher in mainstream adoption over the long term. I'd bet MATIC will become much more valuable than what it is right now if demand continues to soar towards new ATHs. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 06:07:02 PM

No and no. It will not overtake ethereum, and it's not better. It's just a currently preffered choice to combat high gas fee's and recent "dog" caused congestion.
And you're right, having SC is now a buzzword, and everyone has it.
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
June 01, 2021, 06:10:48 PM

Ethereum's high fees and slow processing times
MATIC is good but still it's not as good as other Chain like BSC, We still need to interact with Ethereum Network and it cost high fee beside that confirmation time through checkpoint it's really long (Around 3 hours) I personally already use matic to swap TAP Token before and i suppose BSC Still better since it's much simpler and lower fees.
As i said before it's was good and have lower fees but i don't think it's going to overcome Ethereum, We have another option like BSC or TRX, Just my personal opinion. What do you think guys?
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 02:34:46 AM

Polygon is good for ethereum network  and as it is,  it's not taking over from ethereum  rather,  it bearing ethereum load so ethereum could function well in terms of fee on ethereum network!  Polygon literally is a side chain to ethereum!  So,  I do not see polygon overtaking ethereum!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 04:55:55 AM

It is hard to say that Matic will beat ethereum because Matic is a new token and needs times before it can do that.

MATIC is a kind of technology and it is based on Ethereum so it depends on Ethereum. The need to use MATIC is also the need to use Ethereum, so it will always be a follow-up, a shadow of Ethereum.
Comparing the value of MATIC to Ethereum is a false comparison.

https://decrypt.co/resources/what-is-polygon-matic-and-why-it-matters-for-ethereum
posporo

Activity: 501
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2021, 06:50:28 AM

In my opinion, ethereum is still on the top in the alternative cryptocurrencies especially now that the fees in ethereum transactions go down so I think ethereum is making their move to keep it stable as on the top in altcoins. Polygon has a great potential to be one of the good coins but not too good to be compared to ethereum.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 07:19:21 AM

Polygon scales Ethereum and it's complementary. I think NEAR will be the winning chain that scales Ethereum though. It can run Ethereum on a single shard in a smart contract without breaking a sweat.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: