Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:26:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does Bitcoin help stop the funding of wars?  (Read 199 times)
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 01:07:42 AM

So one of the most popular narratives I see is that the utilization of Bitcoin would help put an end to the illegal funding of wars overseas. How do you figure this?

If one entity needs to get currency to another entity they will be able to do so. The way that I am seeing it, it doesn't matter where the money comes from as long as they are getting the money in the first place. In fact, wouldn't Bitcoin make this type of funding more difficult to detect?

Then again, maybe I am looking at this the wrong way.

Could someone help shed some light on this narrative?
Would you explain the narratives of why Bitcoin would stop illegal funding, and where did you get it? I don't think that narrative is the popular nor the correct one.

Anyway, you get it right in the second paragraphs. It is indeed Bitcoin "facilities" the illegal funding. One of the examples is ransomware, people cracked into company systems, and bribe them with Bitcoin. Nevertheless, Bitcoin is expected to be able to maximize the greater goods rather than the bad ones. And so does the potential of Bitcoin to do beyond goods is greater than evil.

Personally, I think it will be absurd to misrepresented bitcoin because of its capacity to do illegal things just like how you could blame the current FIAT because it does facilities an illegal thing.
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2016
Merit: 918

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 02:16:56 AM

in my honest opinion bitcoin it self will help funding of war  Lips sealed or other cryptocurrency will do like darkcoin or monero or any other privacy coin. bitcoin it self have bitcoin mixing right. remember that most dark website using crypto as their payment system

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 07:38:18 AM

So one of the most popular narratives I see is that the utilization of Bitcoin would help put an end to the illegal funding of wars overseas. How do you figure this?

If one entity needs to get currency to another entity they will be able to do so. The way that I am seeing it, it doesn't matter where the money comes from as long as they are getting the money in the first place. In fact, wouldn't Bitcoin make this type of funding more difficult to detect?

Even the governments of some states are now using cryptocurrencies to circumvent international sanctions. Of course, some weapons are also sold for cryptocurrency. Therefore, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies cannot stop wars, they even contribute to them to some extent. The high degree of confidentiality and anonymity is perfect for this.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 09:10:05 AM

Even the governments of some states are now using cryptocurrencies to circumvent international sanctions. Of course, some weapons are also sold for cryptocurrency. Therefore, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies cannot stop wars, they even contribute to them to some extent. The high degree of confidentiality and anonymity is perfect for this.
I don't think that Bitcoin can help stop the funding of wars, if anything it could even make the payments for everything relating to funding the war easier because it's easy to transfer between parties. Even though we know that there are a lot of wars that have gone down before Bitcoin but I don't think that BItcoin can make any positive changes to it.   
clippers
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 09:21:54 AM

Broadly speaking, Bitcoin is the same as various things that are calibrated and used for transactions. If someone uses Bitcoin to commit crimes, it is not his own problem.

Regarding war, one thing I understand may be that other countries can use digital currency to help the weaker party. And because of the anonymity of cryptocurrency, there is no need to receive control. Imagine that when a country tries to occupy another country, and this country can receive funding from unknown sources. This will make it more difficult to calculate the cost of war, and to a certain extent will hinder the launch of war.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 05:29:38 PM

It's quite the opposite actually because bitcoin has already been used to fund terrorist groups so you claim that it can stop war has already been refuted. Also, bitcoin isn't a Miracle Machine, it is just a tool that humans can use for the goood or for the bad.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 05:59:03 PM

it makes Bitcoin bad more than good if it makes funding hard but you think it was good because it can stop war .
 the legality of btc has nothing to do with it because they can still use Fiat's and other payment methods that they are comfortable to use without getting caught .
 Bitcoin is one of the payment methods that can make them anonymous and they can send funds more easily .
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 06:10:02 PM

Even if bitcoin becomes generally accepted around the world, it is unlikely that this will somehow affect the funding of wars.
Especially if the government itself is the funding the war, it's not like they are new to this kind of thing and bitcoin isn't going to be the thing that will end all wars. Search the story about Gary Webber and his discovery of US government's funding of contra rebels with cocaine money.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: