Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elon musk and his invention  (Read 468 times)
Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 11:35:35 AM

maybe why elon musk issued his opinion about bitcoin mining with electricity that is not environmentally friendly while his business runs by using electricity even if it is true that elon musk's invention of electric cars is produced and even predicted to be the production of electric cars in the world, it seems it's all just Elon musk's excuse just because after a few days elon musk bought bitcoin at a price of $ 1.5 billion and after that elon musk suffered a huge loss even Elon musk's losses reached billions of dollars, now with elon musk issued an opinion that mining bitcoin electrically is not environmentally friendly

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:51:19 PM

Elon Musk talked about how BTC mining with electricity isn't environment friendly but he invented electric cars, in near future if this actually becomes popular electric cars will be available world wide and billions of vehicles will be charged by electricity so how is this environment friendly?
I do not know if people here are joking or not but some of you have zero clue how the cars work right now as it seems. Right now we are using gas, petrol, basically oil, which is basically limited and requires us to kill the earth in order to get it, freaking and all other methods are making the world a horrible place to get out. So that means in order to get electricity from that, we are murdering the world right now with those cars.

Electric cars however are just using electricity, doesn't mean that it has to be produced this way or that way, you can have solar panels creating electricity and use that in your car as well it wouldn't really change much, so it would be safe for the world, or you can get it in a bad way as well, it all up to you. Which is why one option murders the world and all humanity currently, while Elon's option give you the freedom to not kill the earth while driving, that is the difference.
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:58:36 PM

With this FUD Elon Musk already make alot of money, this guy is smart and he knew what's he is doing a along, do you know the price of dogecoin before Elon Musk tweeted that doge tweet? He already filled some bags at cheaper price and make millions in just few days, he doesn't care if people likes him or not, it's always about the money

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1512
Merit: 566

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 01:59:00 PM

Elon Musk talked about how BTC mining with electricity isn't environment friendly but he invented electric cars, in near future if this actually becomes popular electric cars will be available world wide and billions of vehicles will be charged by electricity so how is this environment friendly?
That's the irony or contradictory about Elon, and about this statement on bitcoin mining, it has been debunked by many experts so we shouldn't believed or be influenced on anything he said on his twitter account.

He simply wanted to gain attention and create a lot of FUD, but in the end, I think he will not succeed because it's obvious that he has some narrative behind his attacks on bitcoin and bitcoin mining.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 02:50:23 AM

looks like it's bad news made to lower the price of btc or fud made to make the market chaotic, after the news of elonmusk I heard the news that china is doing fud on bitcoin, surely after that good news will happen again to make the market go back up.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1315

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 02:55:05 AM

Its what you called publicity mate. He is also wise when he did announced it. Why? Of course some elon musk followers believe him and will panic sell on bitcoin and you know did happened right? However wr already anticipate that his move was to boost doge instead since he got out already from bitcoin and realize the multiplier is much stronger on dogecoin. See how tweets working so far. So I think elon is just playing business here.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 04:40:42 AM

There have been these arguments on Crypto twitter. Some stupid people think it is a good idea to go on a SpaceX launch or Tesla post and make a comment about "So this isn't causing emissions, huh?". I feel that such behavior and trolling is pretty counter-productive.

The whole world, or at least the sane people accept that switching to Electric cars will be beneficial in terms of CO2 emissions. If everything goes electric, the oil companies though would lose the most. Not a collapse I'd say but they have the most to lose, which is why things haven't moved so much politically when it comes to climate change.

What Elon needs to realize is that DOGE has a different design, lower transaction costs and lower network value. As the value rises, so will the profitability and the hashrate. That is just how PoW works and it has gone through that cycle for SHA-256 mining.

His other statement that "cryptocurrencies" exist with less than 1% of Bitcoin's consumption is based on the assumption that PoS can work for a sound money that Bitcoin intends to be. It is just an ignorant position where he is not actually aware of the history and failure of PoS coins to be truly decentralized. They almost always end up as some foundation/ corporation coin.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 06:58:48 AM

looks like it's bad news made to lower the price of btc or fud made to make the market chaotic, after the news of elonmusk I heard the news that china is doing fud on bitcoin, surely after that good news will happen again to make the market go back up.
and it was used to attract more big investors who felt it was too late to join the rally.
if prices continue to be at the top, who will buy for too high a price? of course, they can make manipulations to lower market prices and they can enter to participate in the next rally.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 07:04:49 AM

Yea he's kinda confusing sometimes indeed  Grin ELON should just try to make a private nuclear power plant if he's truly concerned with energy consumption  Grin.

If only he's more open minded with the overwhelming energy consumption caused by crypto and try to solve it with renewable energy instead
we could have a good thing, but I guess if it's other people that uses the electricity he consider it as a waste but if it's HIM who waste the electricity then it's not an environmental concern, funny guy  Grin

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 07:19:01 AM

Electric cars will only be a means of transport with lower emissions than cars running on fossil fuels.
We cannot compare Bitcoin and electric cars because it belongs to two different application areas.
If comparing Bitcoin with altcoins with other mining mechanisms like POS or hard drive mining like CHIA, CONFLUX, BURST, it will be fairer.
I think Elon Musk is right about Bitcoin. But unfortunately, he is not a legislator so we need to listen to the government instead of Elon Musk.

ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 10:47:48 AM

Electric cars will only be a means of transport with lower emissions than cars running on fossil fuels.
We cannot compare Bitcoin and electric cars because it belongs to two different application areas.
If comparing Bitcoin with altcoins with other mining mechanisms like POS or hard drive mining like CHIA, CONFLUX, BURST, it will be fairer.
I think Elon Musk is right about Bitcoin. But unfortunately, he is not a legislator so we need to listen to the government instead of Elon Musk.

Bitcoin is a currency that is mined by computer equipment, mining uses electrical energy and emits carbon emissions. Such a currency is not really good because it consumes too much energy.
What Elon is referring to is that there is something other than Bitcoin that consumes less energy and emits less carbon. Soon, Elon continued to talk about Bitcoin using renewable electricity like solar or wind power. It was a flip of the argument he had stated before.
I have no opinion about electric cars because it is certainly less environmentally harmful than cars running on fossil fuels.

husdemba

Activity: 1302
Merit: 115

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 10:57:26 AM

I've never thought of this before. I totally agree with this thought. Electric vehicles are very popular in many parts of the world, but no one cares about the environment. Everyone agrees when it comes to Bitcoin hostility. I wish everyone was a little more sincere.

Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 11:01:34 AM

It's good that people have the option to use electric cars and it is cheap to use as compared to other fuels in my country but he should not make fUD about bitcoin mining electricity usage and its effect on the environment. Such statements are not appreciable by an influencer for any market. I am thinking about how the electric car does not affect the environment if he says bitcoin mining does.
If electricity is cheap to use what's wrong with mining BTC with this cheap electricity? Atleast those BTC miners also pays their electricity bill so what's Elon's problem here? Imagine billions of cars using electricity in future how is that environment friendly compare to mining BTC?

Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 11:03:27 AM

It's not environmentally friendly if you use government-provided electricity, but if you use solar electricity, Bitcoin mining will be fine. And Elon Musk's electric car uses only an Electric engine.
Bullshit, does this brings any harm in any way? What ever that's not environmental friendly brings harm to the environment now pls explain how BTC mining is disastrous to health or the air that we breath in, what a piece of joke

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 11:03:57 AM

Excessive use of resources is an unfriendly factor for the environment. For electric cars, I believe that in the future there will be a new task for the world to think about where this waste from battery use will go?
If we look at two subjects, electric cars or conventional cars, of course nowadays electric cars look environmentally friendly, but not if later the whole world has used them and there are no more conventional cars.
Luffygroove

Activity: 966
Merit: 25

Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 04:56:32 AM

it's obvious that Elon Musk has his own agenda by tweeting things related to cryptocurrency. First, his tweet gave the impression that he supported bitcoin, testing the water. He learns how the cryptocurrency community affected by it and how euphoric people are because of one popular figure supporting the crypto world. After knows the characteristic, then he's playing with dogecoin and now he withdraws his support to bitcoin. All of this was just a game of business for him, no more and no less. By uplifting the electricity and none-eco friendly technology topic, it seems that he forgot that his product actually isn't that eco-friendly itself. Funny.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 05:56:05 PM

With this FUD Elon Musk already make alot of money, this guy is smart and he knew what's he is doing a along, do you know the price of dogecoin before Elon Musk tweeted that doge tweet? He already filled some bags at cheaper price and make millions in just few days, he doesn't care if people likes him or not, it's always about the money
While I agree that all of this was about the money and it was a way to get some extra cash for him and his companies that despite its high price are nothing but a money sink I do not think he does not care, he seems to me the kind of person that does not understand people at all and it is impossible for him to put himself in the shoes of someone else, so he thinks that people should still love him despite what he did and it is honestly surprised this is no longer the case in this market.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1665

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2021, 06:31:23 PM

Excessive use of resources is an unfriendly factor for the environment. For electric cars, I believe that in the future there will be a new task for the world to think about where this waste from battery use will go?
If we look at two subjects, electric cars or conventional cars, of course nowadays electric cars look environmentally friendly, but not if later the whole world has used them and there are no more conventional cars.

Electric cars, as well as bitcoin, consume a large amount of electricity, but this does not prevent car manufacturers from developing such engines as a priority. Elon Musk believes that electric cars have a higher priority than bitcoin mining, because he is the owner of Tesla. But the crypto community does not agree with this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
revilo

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 07:32:08 PM

Because you can produce electricity with solar cells while you can't produce fuel with solar cells. The long term vision is that all energy these cars require comes from renewable energy sources like solar panels and what not. But his batteries are not as environmental friendly as many would think as far as I know. There are still some ifs involved.
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 08:06:42 PM

Electric cars do not generate carbon dioxide and other polluting gases to move.
They use lithium batteries instead of gasoline, this is where they become environmentally friendly.
There are some companies that are developing smart streets to charge electric cars, this is also where it is environmentally friendly.
In addition, graphene batteries are coming, fully charged in seconds... Shocked
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: