Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Nano Ledger but have pass phrase with me  (Read 204 times)
so98nn (OP)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:52:31 AM

[...]
How are you screening address? By clicking "Next" on MEW? That will take forever. Instead, download Ian Coleman's page from here [...]

Did you ever add this Ethereum account to Ledger Live? If you did, you should be able to simply open Ledger Live, click "Accounts", click on your Ethereum account, click the "Edit account" button at the top right (looks like a wrench), then click "Advanced", and it will tell you the derivation path of your address.

Hey o_e_l_e_o,

Yes I am working on the Ian Coleman's stuff only. This was the thing suggested by Lucius earlier to generate private keys using that Ian Coleman's BIP39 tool.(on ledger support page).  

Answering to your second doubt, it's other way around. I simply initiated my ledger for the first time, noted the seeds, set up the passcode. After this went through the settings but did not change anything.
Then to use the bitcoin wallet I downloaded Ledger Wallet Bitcoin, set up the address etc.

For ETH transactions, I simply opened up MEW (while Ledger was connected) and selected Ledger as option to access my wallet.

After this I got the address, and used it for transacting.

click on your Ethereum account, click the "Edit account" button at the top right (looks like a wrench), then click "Advanced", and it will tell you the derivation path of your address.

I will checkout this in my next sitting.

Is it possible you added an extra word [..] (which is the main purpose of using a passphrase).

I was very cautious while setting up the Ledger. I am confident there is no 25th word.

And yes, after reading all the posts now I am all under pressure whats wrong with my process! Dam.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 06:44:33 AM

Answering to your second doubt, it's other way around. I simply initiated my ledger for the first time, noted the seeds, set up the passcode.
Can you clarify what you mean by a "passcode", since this is not a standard term? Do you mean the PIN, which would be a number of between 4 and 8 digits which you used to unlock your Ledger Nano? Or do you mean the passphrase, which is a word/number/phrase/string which you added to your seed phrase?

Then to use the bitcoin wallet I downloaded Ledger Wallet Bitcoin, set up the address etc.
And have you been able to recover access to your bitcoin addresses using the same seed phrase you have backed up?

If you cannot find your Ethereum address on any of the standard derivation paths, then the most likely alternatives are that you set up a passphrase or your seed phrase is incorrect, unless you have been able to successfully access your bitcoin (or other altcoin) addresses using the same seed phrase.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: