Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profiting by supplying liquidity. Is JoinMarket the only real answer?  (Read 82 times)
jumptheramp (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 07:51:40 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2021, 08:30:31 AM by jumptheramp

Hello everyone,

~Decade long lurker here, poking my head out of the hole to channel the wisdom of the ancients. Hi, nice to meet you all!

Anyways, I've been living off of BTC and working in the crypto space for many years. I fear that I may be approaching the dreaded burnout phase, and I'd like to avoid that as I love what I do, this space, and the very real societal impact that this all has on the entire planet.

I've occasionally researched ways to passively accrue interest on my Bitcoin holdings but end up getting swept back away with daily life and forgetting about it, I want to stop doing that so here I am.

Quick notes, what I refuse to do:
- Buy alt(shit)coins with my Bitcoin
- Trust a third party with my Bitcoin

Throughout my research, I've discovered JoinMarket. I really like what I'm seeing and what participating in it entails for the community and am probably going to experiment with being a market maker on it. But is it really the only way to safely supply liquidity and yield a profit? If you have been or are a market maker on JoinMarket, what was your bankroll and what was your profits like percentage-wise?  If you have a decent stash and are yielding revenue by essentially holding your Bitcoin some other way, what's your secret?!
mrfckumn

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 08:22:20 AM

you said "Decade long lurker here" - so you must be full of money right? you get into game when BTC was for 100USD? or 50?

what about using that free money to develop what you want if you haven't found it?

let's do a startup - your funding + my technical greatness => solution for you and many other people.

(based on how you have copied that github link you really need somebody for tech side and marketing side)

think about it...
jumptheramp (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 08:38:01 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2021, 08:52:59 AM by jumptheramp

(based on how you have copied that github link you really need somebody for tech side and marketing side)

Lol, this is my first post here, please forgive the BB code rules that my currently sleep deprived brain brought from other parts of the interwebs, the link is fixed now.

ETFbitcoin, thanks for chiming in and for the thread links, much appreciated. I'll certainly check those out once I catch some sleep. Also yes, the BTC came and went with the time, especially when you live on it as a sort of statement that it can be done. Hindsight is always 20/20, but if you don't move it, use it, and show that it can be done and is viable, then what are we even doing? Utilization of BTC is paramount to its success, and I want to be a player in that.

I've been reading into JoinMarket quite a bit lately (currently syncing an independent full node for this purpose) and it seems to be a good candidate from what I can see.

Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2021, 08:46:08 AM

Most people uses dex and cex to profit with their btc this days, I doubt there are many people who use this JoinMarket, and since you don't trust any third party your best bet is hodl as always, you sound like an early adopter with tones of btc, people like you invest on startups as private investors and make good profits too, but you have to deal with third party am afraid.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 04:15:40 PM

if you're still looking for alternative, participating in p2p lending is probably one of the best choice. but you need active participation to do that, and the risk is big too. but from what i can see, lenders on this forum can make a decent profit. obviously you'll have to risk more as a new player so you can attract interest from borrowers.
jumptheramp (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 09:42:26 PM

You really should change the strategy to hodl in this case.

HODL'ing since day one  Smiley. But I'd like to put my BTC to work safely so that I can continue to use it and keep it moving while living on it. I'd also like to do some charity work with it (no one should PM me or ask me for anything, it isn't going to happen and I will not reply).

if you're still looking for alternative, participating in p2p lending is probably one of the best choice. but you need active participation to do that, and the risk is big too. but from what i can see, lenders on this forum can make a decent profit. obviously you'll have to risk more as a new player so you can attract interest from borrowers.

I've considered P2P lending over the years but ultimately decided against it due to the very real potential risk it imposes. I've also been burned in the past quite badly by lending, so I don't want to repeat that, but thank you for the suggestion.

Most people uses dex and cex to profit with their btc this days, I doubt there are many people who use this JoinMarket, and since you don't trust any third party your best bet is hodl as always, you sound like an early adopter with tones of btc, people like you invest on startups as private investors and make good profits too, but you have to deal with third party am afraid.

Do you happen to know if there are ways to safely supply liquidity to DEXs or if any have gotten to the point to where they margin lend? I used to supply some liquidity to Bitfinex, but I'm unwilling to risk my funds on a centralized exchange/entity these days due to the large risk that they potentially pose in regards to my funds. Thank you for the suggestions!
mrfckumn

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2021, 06:22:51 AM

decentralized exchanges - if you want to invest more that 50 000 USD = invest it in hiring a hacker and hack that exchange = way more profit*

*please check if your home laws allow the proposed scenario
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: