Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:32:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: passive income.  (Read 269 times)
mak013

Activity: 2408
Merit: 757

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 05:29:21 AM

For different countries $20 costs different, but in any country you get the same money from mining.
Of course you have to make different things for mining. Cooling, maintenance, protection, electricity and internet problems, etc. As i said - mining isnt passive income - this is a job.
How is mining a job? You don't want to do anything and earn money? Lol is mining working under a boss or company? Do you have to answer Yes sir to someone to get paid? You are the boss of yourself and you are the one to decide how much you will be earning everyday, mining is far marginal to job
How much GPU do you have? How much time you spend every day to solve mining problems? How much money you spent to buy equipment? Etc

I can tell you one secret - job is not only sitting in comfortable office all day long.
And tell me one more thing - if mining is so easy and we are getting money for nothing why everybody does not mine?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Nhazwrath (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 03:50:05 PM

Hi people My opening topic was about the investment article from the motley fool they called it passive income.  I compared it to a 4000 dollar rig.   while the rig is not exactly passive the setup and maintenance is not passive.

It can be perceived as passive due to the less work intensive to keep it going.

and I still think my comparison stands.  the amount of work(176,000)(17 year payout) you need to make that 28 dollars a day far exceeds the work (4000+ electric)(less then a year payout)you need.   

Technically Neither is passive due to the work involved in getting to that point.   Which is less work for more income would Probably been a better comparison title.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 03:55:13 PM

I don’t think investments which can go to 0 can be considered passive income. Sure there are safer stocks than others however there is always a chance that the company you invest might eventually go to 0.

Look at what happened with Hertz. Who would of guessed that a company this big, with rental lots in many corners  of the cities would go bankrupt.

A better example of passive income is maybe making YouTube content. You make it once and after a few years as long as it still gets views you get paid for it, with absolutely no new work required on your own part.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: