Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 x Denarium Wallet  (Read 324 times)
Fuxl (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 04:38:40 PM

Hi, i'm selling 2 loaded Denarium wallets (0,001 Btc).

They are both in pristine condition and of course not redeemed. Offers via PM welcome.

Greetings to the forum, stay healthy guys

PICTURES: https://imgur.com/a/N5qt0T6
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

Activity: 114
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 04:58:31 PM

PM sent!
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 08:58:49 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2021, 09:57:54 PM by ConcordeSST

Hello everyone. I'm quite certain that I have been scammed here. I really don't know what to do about it, or how to prove that I'm not the scammer. I've worked hard to build up my reputation on this forum and I don't want it to be destroyed over this. Here is what happened:

Earlier this morning U.S. CT, I made a deal with Fuxl to purchase the two coins mentioned in this thread for .0255 BTC. I promptly sent payment to the address he specified (transaction ID: bf217e203f8bbbacac392749f72e707d16ef0f748a779e05b85afdb5ec92f9b3), and communicated the shipping address to him. All seemed well until very shortly later I started getting weird messages from Fuxl telling me that he has two more coins for me if I wanted them and that I should send payment to 1FkBW5GqH4P8H9Y8eR3qE8FSbLuKRSRA2Z.

He seemed aghast when I asked for photos of the coins with my username printed on a piece of paper next to them. He then kept reiterating that if I wanted the coins I should sent payment to that address. Simultaneously I started getting messages from Fuxl telling me that he had sent my funds back and that I can pay him again tomorrow at an entirely different address than the one I initially sent payment to. I replied back confused as I had never asked for a refund, nor had I received any funds back.  He then replied apologizing that he had been confused talking to another member and to ignore those messages. He then kept insisting that I send an additional .025 BTC if I wanted the two additional Denarium coins, yet he couldn't tell me what their serial numbers were, what kind of Denariums they were (regular or special edition), and seemed to not have a clue what a Special Edition 2019 Denarium is with a red "B" on the front. Alarm bells were ringing in my head. I again asked for pictures of the coins and did not send any additional payments.

Around this time, I notice that Fuxl's profile indicated that the email address had recently been changed, so now I was very suspicious. Shortly after, I got a message from a brand-new account, HighlandFuxl, telling me that he had been locked out of his account and to confirm my shipping address again. It was then clear to me that Fuxl's account had been compromised. We then began communicating over email (as his new account was restricted on sending messages) and he told me that he had had received my initial payment, but then sent the money back to me on transaction ID f8a6454fb5d8ec1f456dc45faf84b813c4ae780282f5bbc34c56afa95b5ff5f9. Note that ID shows a payment to 1FkBW5GqH4P8H9Y8eR3qE8FSbLuKRSRA2Z, the very same address I was being asked to send payment for two "additional" Denariums. When I asked why he had sent money back, he said that he recieved a message from "me" asking for my money back. He said, "Then there was a message from your account that you need the money back. You said that you'll send it on Sunday cause there is something urgent and you need the coins."

I NEVER sent any message saying that.

At this point, I surmised that someone must have hacked into Fuxl's account, and started impersonating him. I don't know how they were able to send a message impersonating my account (I never lost access to my account and have an extremely complex password. I have since changed it again for safety). I think they then got him to believe that I was asking for a refund so he sent my funds to the actual scammer. Now, I'm out my funds and he's gone dark on email telling me, "Hey, i smell something. Even your Screenshots show a wrong Account from me. I haven't had 2/1/0 at Trust section. I had 0/1/0.... From buying things end escrow sendings without any Trust ratings I'm out completely. I think you wanna scam me maybe. I will not get back and i will not do anything on Bitcointalk anymore. This forum is fucked up."

Today was my son's birthday and I was trying to enjoy it. Now I feel so sick I might vomit. I know his account is a newbie account but he had good trust ratings listed from yogg and bitcoiner24. If you look at my account you'll see that I've done many deals with some of the most trustworthy users on this forum (though many have not reciprocated with any feedback). I really don't know what to do here to prove my case or if anything can be done even if I could. It seems that I sent a payment to a member in good faith, he got scammed and sent my funds to a scammer less than 30 minutes after receiving them, and is now accusing me of being the scammer.
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 09:46:45 PM

Here is our entire message thread:

Inbox
Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Sent
Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Emails
Image 1

Image 2
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:41:29 PM

It's too late now, but using escrow would have been better, especially when dealing with someone with no rep.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 06:05:49 PM

It's too late now, but using escrow would have been better, especially when dealing with someone with no rep.

Very true. Lesson learned.

Fuxl still refuses to respond to any emails I've sent to the email address he communicated to me from"his" alternate account. I asked him to present any evidence of his claim that I'm the scammer. I firmly believe that he either wittingly or unwittingly sent my funds to someone else and it is him that should absorb this loss, not I.
slimzak

Activity: 570
Merit: 82

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 06:59:43 PM

He was already robbing you when he got the deal for 0.025 btc (way overpriced in my opinion) but alas greed has no limits. Even more so when he tried to scam you for additional 2 coins. Lesson for all of us is to look at a person's trust to see if he actually sold to others previously without escrow.
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 07:04:27 PM

He was already robbing you when he got the deal for 0.025 btc (way overpriced in my opinion) but alas greed has no limits. Even more so when he tried to scam you for additional 2 coins. Lesson for all of us is to look at a person's trust to see if he actually sold to others previously without escrow.

Fair point. I didn't quite know how to price it since I rarely ever see the 2019 special edition coins come up for sale and I let FOMO get the best of me.
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 07:24:29 PM

Fair point. I didn't quite know how to price it since I rarely ever see the 2019 special edition coins come up for sale and I let FOMO get the best of me.

Very sorry this happened to you. I got scammed out of $1000+ early on. Now, I’m super paranoid. Don’t beat yourself up too much. The best lessons are hard learned.

Happy birthday to your son!
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 07:31:43 PM

Very sorry this happened to you. I got scammed out of $1000+ early on. Now, I’m super paranoid. Don’t beat yourself up too much. The best lessons are hard learned.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I, much too often, seem to learn the hard way.

My son turned 11 yesterday. I was super proud of him when he accepted my offer to receive his birthday present from me in Bitcoin. I offered him a certain amount in USD, or double that USD amount in Bitcoin. Basically forced HODLing as he doesn't know how to spend BTC yet Cheesy. He loves his Ballet cold storage wallet!
MrCryptHodl

Activity: 1078
Merit: 872

In Bitcoin We Trust

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 07:39:01 PM

My son turned 11 yesterday. I was super proud of him when he accepted my offer to receive his birthday present from me in Bitcoin. I offered him a certain amount in USD, or double that USD amount in Bitcoin. Basically forced HODLing as he doesn't know how to spend BTC yet Cheesy. He loves his Ballet cold storage wallet!

ouch ouch ouch, really sorry for you dude, after it's a lesson it happens, you have to be careful all the same with the newbis, of course without all the generalized in scammer, but indeed it is better to use an escrow in certain situations.

and of course a happy birthday to your son, a young hodler! Grin

ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 08:12:37 PM

ouch ouch ouch, really sorry for you dude, after it's a lesson it happens, you have to be careful all the same with the newbis, of course without all the generalized in scammer, but indeed it is better to use an escrow in certain situations.

Thank you sir! I'm still waiting for my Moon Pass to come in the mail. He's not getting that one though until he can manage to beat me in an arm wrestling match. Hopefully by then he'll be old enough to appreciate it!
MrCryptHodl

Activity: 1078
Merit: 872

In Bitcoin We Trust

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 08:23:38 PM

Thank you sir! I'm still waiting for my Moon Pass to come in the mail. He's not getting that one though until he can manage to beat me in an arm wrestling match. Hopefully by then he'll be old enough to appreciate it!

You're welcome ! Yes currently the post is slow, yet I send everything in priority, in a few days it should be good  Smiley

hahahah he still has a way then!  Grin

ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 08:38:08 PM

Here is my latest chain of communications with Fuxl based on an email address another forum member kindly shared with me.

Anyone feel free to let me know if I'm in the wrong here, or if my theory shared below is incorrect on how someone may have been able to spoof my account. I still believe the fault lies with fuxl. To the best of my knowledge, my account was never compromised and I maintained full control of it throughout this incident.

Email 3

Email 4

Email 5
blucepheus
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 09:52:06 PM

Here is my latest chain of communications with Fuxl based on an email address another forum member kindly shared with me.

Anyone feel free to let me know if I'm in the wrong here, or if my theory shared below is incorrect on how someone may have been able to spoof my account. I still believe the fault lies with fuxl. To the best of my knowledge, my account was never compromised and I maintained full control of it throughout this incident.

I would request a screenshot of the message he allegedly received from your account. If you can without doubt substantiate that the message did not come from your Bitcointalk account, then yeah; he's at fault, without question.

-bc
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 10:35:24 PM

I would request a screenshot of the message he allegedly received from your account. If you can without doubt substantiate that the message did not come from your Bitcointalk account, then yeah; he's at fault, without question.

-bc

Yes, I agree. I've been asking him repeatedly to send more details on what account sent him that request. Sadly he says he has no way to access the account any longer. Not sure if the forum admins can assist him with that.
blucepheus
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 10:36:43 PM

-bc

Yes, I agree. I've been asking him repeatedly to send more details on what account sent him that request. Sadly he says he has no way to access the account any longer. Not sure if the forum admins can assist him with that.

Why can’t he access his account? Doesn’t make any sense. Also, good luck getting the attention of a forum admin.
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 10:43:46 PM

-bc

Why can’t he access his account? Doesn’t make any sense. Also, good luck getting the attention of a forum admin.

It seems the scammer that accessed his account changed both his password and his email address. He also says "Hey, i can't get into that forum cause i didn't put a Btc address there. Only with that i can recover it. ". In my last email to him, I asked him to use his alternate account "HighlandFuxl" to tell his side of the story here. That's the account he used to contact me when he realized he was locked out of his primary account. Sadly though, that won't solve the problem of obtaining more details on the message he says he receievd asking for a refund.
heisty
Copper Member

Activity: 386
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 12:22:29 AM

I had transacted with Fuxl in the past successfully so I reached out yesterday to ask what's going on.  I'm posting his response here since he said he will never again log into the forum.  Really sorry this happened to you.  I'm thinking the buyer was impersonated, and Fuxl sent the funds to the scammer's account.   

Email 1
Hey [X], hope you're doing fine.

This was weird yesterday. I'm out of this forum and will never use it.

I put in 2 Denarium coins and sold it to Concorde sst. I received the funds and and an half hour after this a got a message from his acvount to send the funds back cause i will ship on monday. Until then he will pay it back.

Everything was ok. In the afternoon i tried to look if everything is ok. I had no access to my account, so i made a new one and contacted Concorde Sst via a PM again.

He showed me Screenshots from messages that seemed to be from me, but this was definititely someone totally different. My old account showed 0/1/0 Trust with escrow ond one buy, but the Fuxl account he contacted showed 2/1/0 Trust.

After that i said that i had send everything back and i will not contact anybody from this forum or aside by mail again. That's it.

I don't care if he is a scammer or not. I have no funds and don't want to be scammed by someone.

All the best from here

Email 2
Look, i've sent the funds to the address i got from a message from ConcordeSST

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FkBW5GqH4P8H9Y8eR3qE8FSbLuKRSRA2Z

It was in the forum and PM'd. I have never in my life scammed anybody and never will. I'm a normal family Dad that believes in truth and moral. I sent the funds back immediately to show that i'm a trusted person.

Greetings and stay healthy

Email 3
If you want you can post my words in the forum. I will never ever log in there again. It's an unsafe and creepy place that destroys my believes in humanity, trust and brings me sleepless nights.

I don't want to live in such a world.

PS: Think you know that i tell the truth. I just believed you and sent the money for the Moon wallet via Paypal friends. I think a scammer would never do things like that
ConcordeSST
Copper Member

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 12:42:06 AM

I had transacted with Fuxl in the past successfully so I reached out yesterday to ask what's going on.  I'm posting his response here since he said he will never again log into the forum.  Really sorry this happened to you.  I'm thinking the buyer was impersonated, and Fuxl sent the funds to the scammer's account.   

Email 1
Hey [X], hope you're doing fine.

This was weird yesterday. I'm out of this forum and will never use it.

I put in 2 Denarium coins and sold it to Concorde sst. I received the funds and and an half hour after this a got a message from his acvount to send the funds back cause i will ship on monday. Until then he will pay it back.

Everything was ok. In the afternoon i tried to look if everything is ok. I had no access to my account, so i made a new one and contacted Concorde Sst via a PM again.

He showed me Screenshots from messages that seemed to be from me, but this was definititely someone totally different. My old account showed 0/1/0 Trust with escrow ond one buy, but the Fuxl account he contacted showed 2/1/0 Trust.

After that i said that i had send everything back and i will not contact anybody from this forum or aside by mail again. That's it.

I don't care if he is a scammer or not. I have no funds and don't want to be scammed by someone.

All the best from here

Email 2
Look, i've sent the funds to the address i got from a message from ConcordeSST

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FkBW5GqH4P8H9Y8eR3qE8FSbLuKRSRA2Z

It was in the forum and PM'd. I have never in my life scammed anybody and never will. I'm a normal family Dad that believes in truth and moral. I sent the funds back immediately to show that i'm a trusted person.

Greetings and stay healthy

Email 3
If you want you can post my words in the forum. I will never ever log in there again. It's an unsafe and creepy place that destroys my believes in humanity, trust and brings me sleepless nights.

I don't want to live in such a world.

PS: Think you know that i tell the truth. I just believed you and sent the money for the Moon wallet via Paypal friends. I think a scammer would never do things like that

Thank you. I've been trying to be careful not to give the impression that I am accusing Fuxl of being the scammer himself. I will admit I got defensive when he mentioned over email that he thinks I could be the scammer. It is my theory as well that his account was compromised and that the scammer was playing us both. I mean him no ill will, I just felt frustrated that I'm the one that has to bear the burden of the scam as I'm out the funds yet he still possesses the coins. Some community members have since reached out to me with offers to help and I am very grateful for all of you. Thank you to those of you who are supportive and work hard to keep this community safe for all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: