Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are all altcoins dependent on Bitcoin?  (Read 3906 times)
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 01:35:55 AM

Not all depend on bitcoin in my observation only altcoins that have a large Marketcap that will have an impact on bitcoin price changes because they are directly paired with bitcoin, whereas there are some altcoins that have a low Marketcap mostly countercurrent to bitcoin because they are easily pumped by some whales
sumant
Copper Member

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:09:56 AM

No I disagree this sentence. I don't think all altocoins are totally dependent on bitcoin. we can see dump in altocoins when bitcoin crash but same time money extract from bitcoin can take off some altocoins as well. Some altocoins will definitely go up when bitcoin crashes. in my experience it very difficult to sell when bull run is going and very difficult to buy when crashing happens Beacase we don't understand high and low point of a chart very easily.
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:15:10 AM

Not all depend on bitcoin in my observation only altcoins that have a large Marketcap that will have an impact on bitcoin price changes because they are directly paired with bitcoin, whereas there are some altcoins that have a low Marketcap mostly countercurrent to bitcoin because they are easily pumped by some whales
If I look at the price perspective, I have a different thought that all altcoins in the market are being heavily influenced by BTC. Everything started when BTC showed signs of growth, and it dragged the entire market along, but OP is taking it in a different direction. However, for me, the influence between BTC and altcoins is always happening.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
TmHsHel

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:16:05 PM

The price of altcoin depends how useful the altcoin is that technology that it offers. That is why it very important to know all the news and what technologies it offers.
https://techbullion.com/cryptoarenas-novel-self-decentralized-exchange-puts-users-first/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=20ef6c60-7fef-47de-b6e6-71dc89522128&utm_content=cryptoarenasdex&utm_campaign=

It is very important to read the news to check new projects how new and prospective they are.

I read this article about Crypto Arena. Now there are many cryptocurrency exchanges, but they have not only their advantages, but also disadvantages. It is good that CryptoArena has proposed a new approach to exchanges and created a hybrid exchange.
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2021, 02:22:03 PM

It is definitely not true that altcoins are dependent to bitcoin maybe some altcoins whose fork with bitcoin but not all. Also, I think that the main reason why most of the time when bitcoin goes down sometimes altcoins goes down as well is because of the panic seller to tend to be weakhands and get shaken' every time the market crashes.
No, I don’t think so. Under normal conditions, most altcoins depend on the state of bitcoin - the king of the market.  Basically, it's what makes the rules.  Except for phenomena with very strong fomo there will be a little difference, but it has to happen.  Many people still do not realize the reality of the power of bitcoin.

coiner-88

Activity: 537
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:37:16 PM

Bitcoin siphon they accept altcoins will follow to since the market is sound and the other way around. USDT is the one coin that regularly do inverse with Bitcoin, in light of the fact that when Bitcoin dump individuals will offer their Bitcoin to USDT. I couldn't say whether there's somebody can advise and disclose that it's difficult to happen particularly on the present circumstance at this moment.

●   Sensitrust   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  SETS  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  Job Marketplace  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sxj859123

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:38:30 PM

not all and not all the time but most depend on bitcoin when it goes up or down only some don't go up or down at the same time due to a certain reason, for example when the market goes down but a coin will hold an event that makes the price of the coin go up even though the market conditions are down even though not too high due to market conditions.
good
Codecode

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 05:22:10 PM

I believe that most crypto holders believe that market tends to follow bitcoin, so when it dumps everyone selling their assets, although they have nothing to do with BTC.
If we look at a recent BTC huge dump - mostly all cryptos dumped too.
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 05:28:26 PM

All altcoins depend on bitcoin, when bitcoin crash just see altcoin crash more lower price than bitcoin, example when bitcoin going down about 5% altcoin can be more 20% dump and always happen every time when bitcoin dump. Never have any time altcoin dependent and keep waiting with their self when bitcoin dump.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 06:34:38 PM

I want to understand if all altcoins are built upon the foundation of BTC. This is because when there is severe crash of BTC, all other coins, I mean all, also crash.

Is there no independence in the cryptocurrency world?
Looking at right now, we can see that bitcoin reached a higher price today whereas altcoins didn't do that. Which shows you that it doesn't always move together, of course there are times when it does move better but the reality is that we have two different stuff, altcoins and bitcoin doesn't always move together.

However another important question is that "does altcoins impact altcoins" because when you look at it you can see that sometimes one coin moves up or down all by itself but there are many times when all altcoin market moves up or down together, and that is a risky thing. However that is also true for stock markets, stocks do move up or down individually as well as a whole market too, and I would rather not have that in crypto, I would rather have them be all independent from each other.
zonefloor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 10:37:48 PM

Bitcoin is the first point of departure for the cryptocurrency world. As a matter of fact, even now, many investors come to invest in the crypto money world under the name of bitcoin. In fact, when you say altcoin to the first investors, they don't understand and ask you what happened to your bitcoin investments. I told this because the vast majority of investors make their investments according to bitcoin's rises and falls. While not all altcoins are addicted to bitcoin, they are certainly dependent on bitcoin's influence due to its ups and downs.
lalabotax

Activity: 1540
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 10:57:35 PM

In what relation did you mean?
If it is about the dependence price of altcoins on Bitcoin, I think that Bitcoin really can influence the crypto market condition. Although there are probably some altcoins that are independent of BTC price, both drop or pump, in fact, most altcoins will be very influenced by the market condition of BTC itself.
So far, we have already known that when Bitcoin suddenly rises, the altcoins will be going down. And this influence can be seen from the previous market crash where the altcoins also is following BTC, in that kind of condition.

memyselfandi

Activity: 573
Merit: 100

Futurov

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 11:26:16 PM

Most of them but not all. But bitcoin has a huge contribution with regards to altcoins movements that is why it is called as "mother of cryptocurrency". But based on the performance of crypto marlet for the past few years, there are times that bitcoin and altcoins has different market trend.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DatKing

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 11:48:00 PM

Altcoins are not directly dependent on Bitcoin but indirectly. Bitcoin has an incredible dominance in the market and it is one of the biggest factors that the movements of Bitcoin price affect the market also. It was going to be the same if it was a different coin.

KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 11:52:37 PM

I'm not big expert to state the market situation or the growth pattern, but upon the market variations it is true that altcoins are highly dependent on bitcoin. The marketcap plays a vital role in each and every cryptocurrency's price movement. This somehow gets connected with the bitcoin.

Right now we've got access to direct buying of altcoins, earlier if you're in need of buying altcoins you can buy it only through bitcoin. We've got more easier access now through direct buying, but the dependence will be there forever.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nurilham

Activity: 1456
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 11:53:50 PM

Not all coins are decreasing once Bitcoin drops its value in the market. Instead, USDT and other stable coins are increasing because many people buy them. I have seen the opposite situation on stable coins on the last few corrections. It is true if all crypto coins are influenced by Bitcoin, but it doesn't mean all coins drop together with Bitcoin. Stable coins can have a different condition, you need to note this bro @KingsDen.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
capokmerah

Activity: 325
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 12:00:02 AM

In fact, what we can see, we can say yes, we can say no. why do i say that? there are some Alts experience that they are completely independent of BTC, they seem to stand alone without anyone caring about BTC price movements, USDT for example. when the price of BTC fell we saw many of the alts also experiencing the same thing, it happened because of the mass panic of some crypto elements as they took a stand on the alt they were holding.
Nekonoid

Activity: 212

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 12:48:25 PM

The price of altcoin depends how useful the altcoin is that technology that it offers. That is why it very important to know all the news and what technologies it offers.
https://techbullion.com/cryptoarenas-novel-self-decentralized-exchange-puts-users-first/?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=20ef6c60-7fef-47de-b6e6-71dc89522128&utm_content=cryptoarenasdex&utm_campaign=

It is very important to read the news to check new projects how new and prospective they are.

Publications in the press are very important for the promotion of any project. The fact is that the press is read by a large number of people and this is a great chance to express yourself.
lepbagong

Activity: 2310
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 01:01:28 PM

In fact, what we can see, we can say yes, we can say no. why do i say that? there are some Alts experience that they are completely independent of BTC, they seem to stand alone without anyone caring about BTC price movements, USDT for example. when the price of BTC fell we saw many of the alts also experiencing the same thing, it happened because of the mass panic of some crypto elements as they took a stand on the alt they were holding.
As far as I know, all altcoins, including any coin, will definitely be affected by bitcoin, as you said, even a stable coin like USDT will also be affected, but because it is pegged to $US, if there is a difference, it will be very small. but all altcoins are sure to be affected by bitcoin, ethereum which has been with bitcoin for a long time and hasn't been affected by bitcoin for a while, is finally getting involved.

it's hard to avoid the fortunes of bitcoin for every altcoin movement, it seems it's destined to always depend on what happens to bitcoin. yes, we have to understand that because the market cap of bitcoin is very high, besides maybe ethereum which might be able to catch up with bitcoin, the others are still too far apart.

SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 01:16:08 PM

not all and not all the time but most depend on bitcoin when it goes up or down only some don't go up or down at the same time due to a certain reason, for example when the market goes down but a coin will hold an event that makes the price of the coin go up even though the market conditions are down even though not too high due to market conditions.
Yes, I agree but it doesn't mean that the price of the altcoin cannot dump. Most of the cases that the price of certain altcoin dump after the pump already finish. The price of BTC  goes up but altcoin pump then when the price of BTC recovers the price of altcoin dump. It cannot avoid the fact that the price still dump when they need the correction. Major upgrade and good news happen to certain token trigger the price to increase even the price of the BTC goes down but a lot of cases that the price of BTC affects majority of the altcoins so it's very important that we have fundamental analysis in BTC to make us aware when the price will go up or down.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████