Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some millionaires hate Bitcoin?  (Read 2771 times)
izsara

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 03:54:14 PM

Some wealthy people have expressed their disdain towards Bitcoin. They believe Bitcoin is a scam or Ponzi scheme backed by nothing. Figures like Warren Buffet, and even Donald Trump himself believe Bitcoin is a sham. I'm surprised to see this, since Bitcoin brings many profit opportunities to its "hodlers". For some reason, millionaires (or billionaires) hate Bitcoin. They usually support Gold and Fiat, not wanting to try something new like crypto/Blockchain tech. Justin Sun tried to convince Warren Buffet to get into crypto a while ago, only to find that his efforts were in vain.
Thoughts? Huh
As I understand it Warren Buffet probably "dislike" crypto currency as he "dislike" investing in gold. These investments are zero sum games, they don't create value. The rise in value of crypto currency and gold is just the result of offer and demand competition and may vanish in a snap the next day. It's just an investment policy.
apart from that, of course, we all know that warren is one of the investors and even the largest shareholder in Berkshire Hathaway.
when someone like this with the status as the largest shareholder in a company based in life insurance which has many subsidiaries of course we think something about this.
although in this case crypto investment with the shares of the company he manages has nothing to do but talking about investors I think there will be a slight difference.
there are so many people who switch investments and adopt crypto especially bitcoin at this time and indirectly when this continues it will definitely have an impact on everything in the form of investment because indeed many people are switching professions.
although the impact received is not that big but of course they will have rivals and their competitors are getting bigger and bigger. indirectly this is a threat of course.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 03:56:07 PM

What Im thinking is, contrary to what millionaires are saying about btc, they are secretly buying amounts of btc, of course they are aware of this technology they have researchers to advise them what to do whether to ignore or invest, they are business minded people, they don't want to left behind especially when it comes to money, they are always ahead from other people because of their influence, so I dont think they really hate bitcoin.  

melissacarter

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 06:08:34 AM

Which millionaire are you talking about? Is it Celia from that nearby donut shop? Because Elon Musk, Brian Armstrong, Mark Cuban, Dan Morehead and other dudes love crypto and have invested a big share of their wealth into it.
wtsimis

Activity: 326
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 10:35:56 AM

Different peoples has different opinion. I think for market volatility,is one of major cause. Many peoples see decentralized finance as a hub of do illegal activists and govt. thinks that Bitcoin would be a safe tax haven due to unregulation of whole ecosystem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: