Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm getting into Programming to get Paid. Do you wanna follow along?  (Read 180 times)
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 01:43:44 PM

That sounds interesting, good luck for your studies. I took a few programming courses during university, but that was a long time ago. For today's world I probably have the basics of I would ever like to go deeper into programming. I would also like to make more money on the side, but during summer I am always busy with work and family. Would be nice if you can keep us updated here, maybe I start following you this winter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KonstantinosM (OP)

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 03:17:55 PM

I've put in my 10 hours for this week!  Cool

I'm taking it really slow so that puts me in Module 2 of HTML & CSS Fundamentalas on EDX. I'm still using the audit/free path. I don't think the certificate/paid path is necessary for learning the material but I'd like the certificate so I might switch at some point.

Module 2 is really focusing on the importance of using semantic elements whenever possible. I like that HTML is built like that so that someone could build a browser that gives users more powerful tools in displaying webpages that are written for most common browsers.

It's kind of interesting that you could just put

"Hello World" on a .html file and it would work (because the browser is going to assume all of this:

<!doctype html>   <!-- This declares to the browser that it is HTML5, the latest version of HTML -->
<html lang="en">                <!-- This contains all your html code until the closing tag at the end of the document, the lang attribute with the value "en" meaning english -->
<head>                <!-- The head section contains information about the webpage that isn't displayed in the webpage itself -->
  <title></title>             <!-- The title appears in the tab at the top of the browser usually -->
  <meta charset="utf-8">  <!-- utf-8 is basically the default character encoding used everywhere, so unless there is a really good reason for using something else, you default to that -->

<body>  <!-- This  includes all the visible content on a webpage -->
<p>Hello World!</p> <!-- This is the only thing that will be displayed in the page. the <p> tag denotes a paragraph. -->
</body>

</html>
)

So in most programming languages you have to write a bunch of code, compile it for a specific system. HTML is a simple language with a simple yet powerful purpose and most everyone has a browser in their computer anyway.

paired with CSS for styling and Javascript for creating applications it's a really powerful universal platform to create any little fun thing you might want to. From a simple calculator to an alarm clock to a video game.

That sounds interesting, good luck for your studies. I took a few programming courses during university, but that was a long time ago. For today's world I probably have the basics of I would ever like to go deeper into programming. I would also like to make more money on the side, but during summer I am always busy with work and family. Would be nice if you can keep us updated here, maybe I start following you this winter.

I have a similar background. I took a C++ course in college but I quit school shortly after and didn't bother showing up and finishing it due to personal issues. So I know the basics of C++ and I've written some really simple programs with it. Learning it a second time would be a lot easier than learning it for the first time because the concepts still exist somewhere in my brain so the neural pathways are primed and ready to be reinforced. Then again my brain is a pile of mush and water, I don't want to make it sound too cool.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
stAndRow

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 09:45:50 PM

Progress check? how did it go ?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: