Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I have to restart my rig twice?  (Read 617 times)
smartalxx (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

When I have a problem, like when I'm trying to overclock and one of my GPUs restarts because I pushed it too hard, if I just restart the rig and run my mining software (cgminer), the hash rate is less than half of what it should be.  If I restart the rig again the hash rate returns back to normal.

What's going on?  Why do I have to restart twice?

It's also a problem when the system freezes or when the system restarts on its own, which happens while I'm "dialing in" the settings.  I want to have CGWatcher restart the rig when there are problems but it seems very "hacky" to have it just restart the system twice because of a low hashrate.  And it would be a waste of time to get CGWatcher to run, check the hash rate, then decide it needs to restart the system.

Clearly something isn't loading up properly.  Anyone know what it is and can I get it to load properly the first time or restart it with a batch file or something?  Or can I at least check to see if it's loaded when the system starts up and then restart the system if it hasn't loaded up correctly?

Don't any of you have this problem too?  I noticed it on my first mining rig and every other mining rig I've built so far has had the same issue.

I'm using Windows 8.1.  I'm assuming Linux wouldn't have these problems but I'm not quite ready to sail those waters yet.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:00:04 PM

Do you have enough ram? I've seen rigs not working at their full potential when the ram is not sufficient.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

maybe you have something wrong with it? i have never heard of such a thing?

smartalxx (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:52:50 PM

Do you have enough ram? I've seen rigs not working at their full potential when the ram is not sufficient.
8 GB
smartalxx (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

maybe you have something wrong with it? i have never heard of such a thing?
I've built 4 rigs.  Every one has the same problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: