Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL...until when?  (Read 2066 times)
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:21:20 AM

Those who advocate hodling, when do you cash out?

I mean, dying hodling is not the plan, is it? Eventually, you'd need to enjoy the fruits of your patience, right? When is that, when someone says "hodl"? Is it a savings plan? A retirement fund? What does it mean to hodl?
people's opinion about hold is different. I myself apply hold and sell when the price increases. there is no time limit. but when the price goes up whenever i can sell it. so the conclusion of hold in my opinion is until we get a profit.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 06:51:51 AM

I mean, dying hodling is not the plan, is it? Eventually, you'd need to enjoy the fruits of your patience, right? When is that, when someone says "hodl"? Is it a savings plan? A retirement fund? What does it mean to hodl?
Hold is an investment strategy until you find a good return and are ready to sell for a profit based on your criteria.  But should accept at a certain level of profit, and should not be greedy.  Holding is a form of discipline to follow in this market.  Hold at the right time and sell at the right time is a standard of profitability.  And not everyone can achieve it
Calculating distance and profit on Hold is essential.  Holding too long also has side effects.  Lol
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4369

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2021, 07:05:09 AM

How long should you be holding your bitcoin? There is no simple answer to that question because it depends on who you ask. Due to the fact that people have different goals, beliefs, values, preferences, etc. their attitude towards holdind may vary significantly, and, what is more important, it can change over time. I heard many times from bitcoin maximalists that they are going to hodl until the end of time. It seems to me they slightly being hypocritical because what is the point of money if you're never going to spend it? The truth is today, they have another source of income, the government money they can live off. Bad money which they can spend instead of good bitcoin. But what happens when there is no longer fiat money, and the only money you can buy things with is bitcoin? Will you still be holding not spending? They are going to starve to death by refusing to spend money.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:11:27 AM

A few years or more. It's money that I'm willing to lose anyway. I’m personally holding until bitcoin hit 100k and then reinvesting into ethereum or any other crypto with low marketcap. Bitcoin seems to be losing its grip and will eventually become inferior me thinks.

Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:23:08 AM

A few years or more. It's money that I'm willing to lose anyway. I’m personally holding until bitcoin hit 100k and then reinvesting into ethereum or any other crypto with low marketcap. Bitcoin seems to be losing its grip and will eventually become inferior me thinks.

All trends of course there are ups and downs, if bitcoin now is very popular then we have to be realistic, if we already get a big profit for example 50% then selling is a better thing, if we want big profits again then buy altcoins that have the potential to skyrocket in the short term is an easier thing to do.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
isabellel2

Activity: 187
Merit: 1

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 01:32:11 PM

The first thing when entering the market and buying BTC is that we have to be patient and hold for the long term, and what you are wondering is how long to hold? Each has its own buy price and sell target for a certain amount. individual profit, so everyone's thinking is very different, difficult to answer, but if investors are smart and know the future value of BTC and know about BTC, they will certainly keep it for a long time. , not easy to sell with a small bargain

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[CD3D]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
DeFi & Gaming, meet Play. Trade. Hold. WIN.
www.cd3d.app
Shamm

Activity: 1092
Merit: 345

Hhampuz is the best manager

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 07:14:38 AM

Hodling until the reach the Goal as we wanted ,doing things is adventurous you can save or hold for a long time  that you've invest.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 03:40:25 PM

Hodling until the reach the Goal as we wanted ,doing things is adventurous you can save or hold for a long time  that you've invest.

Goals often change, I think when we get the ideal profit for example 15% a month then selling is a good thing, there is always the opportunity to buy again so when we get a profit then we have eliminated the fear of losing, this is usually the trick I do so I will sell when i already get 15% profit.
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 04:19:18 PM

It was my plan too when I started to hold BTC 2017 but when the dump in 2018 happens and Im in need of money by that time I learn to just trade it and reinvest whenever possible. It's good if we were able to hold BTC longer without panicking whenever the price drops. We will see BTC reach more high as adoption and institutions adopts it. Salute to those who are able to hold longer and following their ppan all throughout.
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 04:54:09 PM

It all depends, first of all, on your investment goal, because you can save up for a pension, home, children's education, that is, the investment goal should be specific. Secondly, your financial situation and investment goal can change over time. It would be wise to sell some of the cryptocurrencies to pay off any debts.
Cryptmuster
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1214

Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 05:59:30 PM

I think there should be a price set when you want to sell your bitcoins. For example, it could be the price of $ 1,000,000. This is just an example, everyone can determine this price for themselves, for someone it will be $ 100,000, and someone may have already sold and no longer hold their bitcoins. Bitcoins themselves cannot be a goal, a person must have a goal that he wants to achieve and bitcoins should help him to do this. And keeping bitcoins forever doesn't make any sense.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Boomber

Activity: 826

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 07:49:19 PM

hold in my opinion is not selling cryptocurrency that I have when the price dump or have not reached the target that I want, then of course I will hold until my target is reached, so before my target is reached then I will definitely hold it and will never sell it before the price reach the target that I want, then of course i will never be greedy and change my target, because it can make me lose my money and will make me never sell my cryptocurrency even if the price has reached my target.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Salamstar

Activity: 534
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 07:54:41 PM

Patience and waiting sometimes benefit more than selling and rushing, so you have to develop a good plan to manage your capital tightly so that you trade part of it and sell at the height that satisfies you and keep another part for investment in the long term, and thus you are profiting now and in the future as well.
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 08:31:02 PM

Patience and waiting sometimes benefit more than selling and rushing, so you have to develop a good plan to manage your capital tightly so that you trade part of it and sell at the height that satisfies you and keep another part for investment in the long term, and thus you are profiting now and in the future as well.

Patience with the right plan, that will benefit you because you know when exactly you will sell. You cannot be certain as to what time you'll sell but you'll know you'll sell when you reach your target profit, that's called being smart and able to control your greediness because if not, you might end up panicking and will only waste your time and effort for waiting.
Kusman

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 08:40:45 PM

HODLing doesn't mean that you will continue to hold your investments forever. Of course, you will sell all of them or some of them at some point. Here, the most important thing is that people should never manage their investments blindly. They should always have a roadmap. For example, you can just set a price goal to sell an amount when the price reaches there. This prevents the investors from being greedy also. This is the main logic of HODLing to me.

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
nurilham

Activity: 1456
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 09:22:42 PM

For holding, I think each person can have a different target. But surely, no one plans to hold forever. If you ask me, simply I will say to hold until Bitcoin price can reach $65k+. I don't target till Bitcoin price about $100k, for me to sell my Bitcoin at $65k-$70k is enough. After selling all my Bitcoin, then I will focus on selling my altcoins, will plan to convert all to USDT. So, before the end of this year, I am only holding USDT.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 09:35:39 PM

Patience with the right plan, that will benefit you because you know when exactly you will sell. You cannot be certain as to what time you'll sell but you'll know you'll sell when you reach your target profit, that's called being smart and able to control your greediness because if not, you might end up panicking and will only waste your time and effort for waiting.
Having investment and making some plans on when to sell is something not that easy because we've seen on how this market moves and the possibly opportunities that you could experience
and this is why lots had decided on holding up for long term or no matter what happens to the market and there are people who are really diamond hands to do that but if we do go into
the realistic side of things then it would be more worth of if we do able to see profits on short term duration and make some re-rolling until you do make your investment way more
bigger compared as before.

Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 09:50:05 PM

For holding, I think each person can have a different target. But surely, no one plans to hold forever. If you ask me, simply I will say to hold until Bitcoin price can reach $65k+. I don't target till Bitcoin price about $100k, for me to sell my Bitcoin at $65k-$70k is enough. After selling all my Bitcoin, then I will focus on selling my altcoins, will plan to convert all to USDT. So, before the end of this year, I am only holding USDT.

Well that depends upon on the holder on which profit they are preferred, if the holder is contented with the small amount that is being held and sold of the desired target, that is fine because at least he makes a profit after holding for a long time or even in a short time. I like your idea, you are aiming at a small profit that potentially will happen in a short period of time of bitcoin because, for me, bitcoin will not grow too much, it will always have resistance after dropping the price and after dumping, it follows with pumping.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
citywise2

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 08:30:31 AM

It's your BTC you HODL as long as you want. I'm hodling since 2013 and never cashed out a satoshi. How long will I hodl? I don't know, will probably cash out 10-15% at a given time to enjoy the fruits of my labor, but I will never cash out all my BTC. I plan to leave some to my kids also.
Nice feat, but I guess you forgot to add your HODLing has nothing to do with your regular income. So if you're into HODLing as a means for raising income, your approach will definitely shift. All said, it's your sweat and sweet, do with it as it seems best for you, because it's meant to be used someday. As for me, I sell when I see a need.
Pitstry

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 09:08:46 AM

Sorry but I think some "HODLRs] are being brainwashed. If you bought from the bottom then you have a good chance of making a profit, then once it reaches the top.. SELL it. You dont have to HODL it, why HOLD? All you have to do is wait for the price to crash and wait until it reaches another all time low. Then you bought it again from the money you earned from selling it at the top.
What will happened is you will have MORE , may be 2 to 4x of previous amount you are holding before.

Meow Meow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: