Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make your HODL or dump decisions?  (Read 1838 times)
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 08:11:21 PM

If you are looking for a team that is working hard to make the project successful then you should hold and wait for the good pump in this coin. But if you think the project will not grow more in the future then leave it and try to find a good and famous project with high potential. If you have got good profit then leave as soon as possible.
Teams that are too onhand and project that is really progressing and convincing can be a basis but it should also have a good marketing skills. I remember holding to many altcoins during ICO snd only few were able to survive when 2018 dump happen so we must really examine the projects we are holding with since its either it give us profit or losses, which only time can tell so make sure to make the most out of it by studying it.

jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 08:56:58 PM

If you are looking for a team that is working hard to make the project successful then you should hold and wait for the good pump in this coin. But if you think the project will not grow more in the future then leave it and try to find a good and famous project with high potential. If you have got good profit then leave as soon as possible.
keep on eye to developers team work need to do regularly, and we must active make communication with developers team in order to know how far developtment progress in running. Sometime token holder or investors didnt care about it, they just leave their token in wallet and wait it pumped.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2021, 10:13:52 PM

I've learned my lesson in the past. Sometimes holding your bag for too long results to losses. I've tried to hold cpins when they were up 10x and didn't sell and regreted my decision. At some point you will have to sell and realize profit or it is pointless. Take note you can always buy the dip. Profit is profit.

we've had similiar experience about this, holding without a plan when to sell it not really good idea, just being logic no way market will always continue up and  never had price correction. btw 10x is very big in my opinion.   if that was me if i saw 2x already might be already sell it.
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 353

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 10:24:41 PM

I've learned my lesson in the past. Sometimes holding your bag for too long results to losses. I've tried to hold cpins when they were up 10x and didn't sell and regreted my decision. At some point you will have to sell and realize profit or it is pointless. Take note you can always buy the dip. Profit is profit.

we've had similiar experience about this, holding without a plan when to sell it not really good idea, just being logic no way market will always continue up and  never had price correction. btw 10x is very big in my opinion.   if that was me if i saw 2x already might be already sell it.
Profit percentage target would really be varrying on personal choice and goal in mind and since we do have different goals in life then these numbers cant really be determined whether 10x or 100x because we do hold off different coins which means chances or situations on gains will be entirely different.
This is where experience do really counts because you are already aware of the market behavior which would be one of the indicators on making out decisions into your investment. Of course you would really be needing self awareness and make out decision basing on what you had encountered in the past.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Xampeuu

Activity: 1414
Merit: 116

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:24:45 AM

Profit percentage target would really be varrying on personal choice and goal in mind and since we do have different goals in life then these numbers cant really be determined whether 10x or 100x because we do hold off different coins which means chances or situations on gains will be entirely different.
This is where experience do really counts because you are already aware of the market behavior which would be one of the indicators on making out decisions into your investment. Of course you would really be needing self awareness and make out decision basing on what you had encountered in the past.
Everyone has made mistakes in making decisions. and I think that is common in cryptocurrency trading. but if we can manage psychology, I think we will be ready to face the possibilities that will happen in the future and not regret when bad things happen. that way it will enrich our experience, between sell or hold at a certain time

BIN-BIN

Activity: 504
Merit: 57

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:52:40 AM

I will advise you to keep holding if truly the token has a good use case as you have stated since the token already has 4 working apps the price will diffidently pick at the right time just have patience and look away from the market for a while let us say a year you will be surprised when you come back to see your profit.
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 11:16:57 AM

I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.

I believe in the project, but it hasn't been doing well in terms of price.
Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.
Reflections are delicious and community is nice.

But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

Some words of advice would be really good. Thanks.

If dev is not active anymore and the channel is already moderated and writing is restricted that is a first sign you need to dump the token  if you are late you are going to lose a lot, the opposite applies you are going to Hodl a coin where development is ongoing and the developers are very active in their channel in giving updates to their supporters, a shit coin has an inactive developer.

rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 11:23:57 AM

I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.
You should know the plan before investing mate because that's how we deal in cryptocurrency investing.

Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.
If you really believe in this project then why hesitate now? you are doubtful and not really trusting this.
But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

Whales are only bagging money and never trust them to think about small investors .

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 02:40:24 PM

If I invest in top cryptocurrencies, then I don’t worry if even all the top cryptocurrencies in which I have invested will start to fall in price, as for example, it is happening now, because I know that after the correction there will be another market growth and then all the top cryptocurrencies in which I invested will start to grow again and will not just grow, but will reach new heights, but with new cryptocurrencies everything is different, there it is already necessary to make a decision by looking at the cryptocurrency market and at the development of the cryptocurrencies themselves.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 06:48:18 AM

For me, i only hodl coins that are top in the market exchange. I hodl coins like ETH, XRP, and also new tokens that has a good productivity and has a potential to grow their project platform in the long run. Since hodl is a critical move to invest if we don't have trust on what we hodl and afraid that the coin we hodl wouldn't give us profit in the long run.
BigBos

Activity: 1890
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 12:16:36 PM

For me, i only hodl coins that are top in the market exchange. I hodl coins like ETH, XRP, and also new tokens that has a good productivity and has a potential to grow their project platform in the long run. Since hodl is a critical move to invest if we don't have trust on what we hodl and afraid that the coin we hodl wouldn't give us profit in the long run.
good decision. I used to like to collect ethereum, little by little, my ethereum became a lot, and no matter what the price was, I kept holding it. however, I sold them all when the price was close to $1k. Well, I've benefited from that. Currently, I plan to do the same with BNB. the point is, we need to hold it little by little and sell it when the price is high enough.
Kunnu

Activity: 1204
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 12:57:46 PM

Dumping in panic is not a good solution you will have to be positive, it happened with many people in the past that they have dumbed their tokens in panic and regret later. The project seems in early stage if you really believe in this project then you should consider to have more patience maybe it can be beneficial for you in long term although it's all depend on the development process if the project team keeps working on it then you must not lose hope.
flagpara

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:26:37 PM

I research and analyse these projects then understand that you are new to the cryptocurrency. Why don't you guys take advice before investing? Old altcoins are way better than new altcoins, but all new ones aren't bad. Everyday new altcoins are listed in the CMC but survive a few in a month. A big piece of advice, we don't know the real demand for new altcoins until we listed some good exchange.

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:40:44 PM

Dumping in panic is not a good solution you will have to be positive, it happened with many people in the past that they have dumbed their tokens in panic and regret later. The project seems in early stage if you really believe in this project then you should consider to have more patience maybe it can be beneficial for you in long term although it's all depend on the development process if the project team keeps working on it then you must not lose hope.
all decisions based on panic will result in nothing but regret.
The market is built on analysis and planning. we can do it patiently. believe in the plans that we make from the beginning is an obligation to avoid panic.
although the market moves pump and dump we already know where we can benefit. most importantly it remains important to make decisions. don't have regrets.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 11:05:20 AM

If I invest in top cryptocurrencies, then I don’t worry if even all the top cryptocurrencies in which I have invested will start to fall in price, as for example, it is happening now, because I know that after the correction there will be another market growth and then all the top cryptocurrencies in which I invested will start to grow again and will not just grow, but will reach new heights, but with new cryptocurrencies everything is different, there it is already necessary to make a decision by looking at the cryptocurrency market and at the development of the cryptocurrencies themselves.

Personally I invest for a long period only in projects I believe in and I really like. And it doesn’t matter for me if it is falling, I buy it more and more every month.

So you should review the prospects of this token again and then make your decision. But don’t forget, that almost all crypto currencies are decreasing now, so consider this as well.
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1442
Merit: 291

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2021, 11:17:24 AM

If the coin is still under development then it does not hurt to maintain it first, and you must first see how the trading volume for the future if it increases then hold is the right choice, because it has a high probability that the coin can be in demand by many investors and the price will definitely increase.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 01:53:05 PM

I just found out about the coin you mentioned, with this uncertain market situation you should continue to monitor the price of your coin, if your coin has reached a 100% profit, it's better to sell and buy back when the price drops
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1185

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 02:24:32 PM

I usually evaluate time and effort spent to get some amount of Bitcoin or altcoin with current market price and make a decision. If I see that the price has dropped a lot, I would better hold. Also I often use strategy "easy come, easy go". If I get a token for easy tasks (like social media bounty, or launchpool on Binance, or from a rare airdrop I participate in) and its value is small, then I would rather sell it or convert it into something more reliable, than hold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 02:34:02 PM

Is it this token? (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/startup-boost-token)
If this is the token that you're holding and you've got a bad of it. I advise you to dump it as soon as possible. The trading volume is not impressive at all and you're likely to get stuck with this coin if you've chosen to hold it for a longer time. How much did you invest on it?
You've probably made a wrong choice buying a bag of it.

yes you are right, the SUBX token is very bad and has no bright future. From June 22 to July 22, 2021 the price of SUBX did not increase. I think it is better to sell it than to hold SUBX tokens and buy tokens that are better than SUBX tokens so we can quickly get profits.

rozak

Activity: 1960
Merit: 273

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 02:36:00 PM

I usually evaluate time and effort spent to get some amount of Bitcoin or altcoin with current market price and make a decision. If I see that the price has dropped a lot, I would better hold. Also I often use strategy "easy come, easy go". If I get a token for easy tasks (like social media bounty, or launchpool on Binance, or from a rare airdrop I participate in) and its value is small, then I would rather sell it or convert it into something more reliable, than hold.
I also sell tokens generated from the bounty campaign immediately and do not hold long-term because the potential for the price drop is huge.
holding it would be very risky even if getting it for free. but changing and storing it with a smaller risk asset I think will be more profitable.

for your investment assets, if you miss the moment to exit the market during a dump. indeed the hope is to be forced to endure it. and turn the investment time into a long-term one. but it all also depends on the asset you are referring to. if it's like BTC and the top altcoins I guess it's fine to wait a long time to get their price back instead of having to go out with big losses.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███