Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:35:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make your HODL or dump decisions?  (Read 1838 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 07:27:33 AM

My guide to Hodl: Invest only that much money, which you are ready to lose. So you don't need to keep checking prices every hour nor will you make sudden rash decisions. One thing that's helped me is, if there are dips and it's stressing you out, just put down your phone or turn off that computer and go enjoy your life. Your coins will be there tomorrow.

And also with current market condition we also have to always secure our investment by placing stop loss because there are many coins dropped really dip and it will take years to recover to it's all time high price, if we don't place stop loss in our investment it will be a bad decision for us.
Or make sure we already have buy a really good fundamental coins if we are planning to not looking at the market for a long time.
Ureung jameun

Activity: 412
Merit: 13

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 10:33:33 PM

I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.

I believe in the project, but it hasn't been doing well in terms of price.
Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.
Reflections are delicious and community is nice.

But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

Some words of advice would be really good. Thanks.

if you feel confident in that altcoin then you should hold it. but if you are not sure then it is time you sell the altcoin. because in trading everyone will seek profit. so if you feel that the altcoin can give you an advantage then you have to hold it longer until the price goes up. and if i were in your position i would hold it a bit longer because this altcoin has a good development in the future

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1132

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 11:18:51 PM

I've been holding this token called 'SUBX' for a while now, maybe a month. Quite a big bag of it. I'm not sure if I should continue holding or let go and take what i have.

I believe in the project, but it hasn't been doing well in terms of price.
Utility wise, they already have 4 apps released and doing work with universities so I am confident it won't be a rug pull.
Reflections are delicious and community is nice.

But whales that bought during presale got impatient and left, and with the market bleeding past few weeks the price is slowly declining. Team says they are looking long-term with real utility (which they do deliver) but that doesn't directly relate to price does it?

Some words of advice would be really good. Thanks.

if you feel confident in that altcoin then you should hold it. but if you are not sure then it is time you sell the altcoin. because in trading everyone will seek profit. so if you feel that the altcoin can give you an advantage then you have to hold it longer until the price goes up. and if i were in your position i would hold it a bit longer because this altcoin has a good development in the future
You should really be that aware that bumping old threads is against or violate forum rules thats why you should be careful on bumping so that there would be no problem.

On topic reply about altcoin investment then its your choice on which one you would be holding for long term because not all would really be having that potential
on rising up its value or price in the future.Everything does depend on demand on the community and not all would really be having that chance.

poonam8288
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 01:53:12 AM

This decision is up to you but in my opinion whenever you make an investment you should be prepared to sell it at a fixed price. You can also sell it in different parts like 10% 20% 50% You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people.

HotFriesCoin.com                 
THE FIRST STABLE PROGRESSIVE COIN
Values Increases ▲   Never Decreases ✖
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 09:25:59 AM

Personally I don't buy Cryptos with money that I can't afford to lose, notwithstanding no matter how little one invest in a coin or token there will always be a positive expectation in terms of return.
Before I will decide to dump a coin, I must have totally lost confidence in the project so if you still believe in the project you should Hodl, however you can still decide to Hodl if the dumping price is not good for you even if you've lost confidence because the project can boom at any given time.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: